BaLcony rooms with no where to sit.

mafw

For those that have a balcony cabin, have you thought to ask your room steward to bring one of the balcony chairs in for you?  I know someone mentioned they felt they couldn't do it themselves.  I am sure the steward would have no problem taking care of that for you.  As I recall (and I am sure someone will be correcting me if I am wrong), the inside cabins don't have that barrel chair anyway, so I am thinking that a balcony is the cabin type the majority of the posts are referring to.  Maybe the OV used to have them ... just can't remember.  

I understand some have an issue with not having that barrel chair but I always stuck it in my closet out of the way.  The standard cabins on Princess are just too small for that chair... what I refer to as the toe catcher.  I can see I am alone in that opinion but it was just a piece of furniture with zero value to me.  If both of us were hanging out in the cabin watching a movie or ordering room service, we've always use the the bed with extra pillows against the headboard anyway.  

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I love it!! Now if only I was driving instead of flying to the port....

What we need is a vendor at the airports to sell camping chairs.

If enough standard balcony cruisers started showing up with a camping chair in tow, I'd be willing to bet Princess would find a way to ban them for our convenience or for the safety and comfort of our fellow passengers.

• Like 1

This is a point that should be brought up.....FALSE ADVERTISING.   Should we maybe think about a CLASS ACTION SUIT...   Why have all pictures shown for BALCONY SUITES with a barrel chair SHOWN......... and then find out no chairs and NO WHERE TO SIT???????

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

That is a good solution for you.  I just can't manage bring in a chair from the balcony.  I feel "to come back new" I should have a place to sit.  We have stopped going to the production shows on Princess because for us the are too loud. We enjoy the lounges with music more now.  Even the atrium for us is becoming too noisy at times.  That is just us, others seem to enjoy it. 

I can't chance not getting a second chair when I ask for one.  There is no gty of getting one.

We mainly cruise in the winter in the Caribbean, so a lot of cruise line can fill that bill for us.

I hope that if works out for you.  With me it is two seats and price now.

Happy cruising.🛳️

I agree with your post and do not find the balcony chairs to be comfortable at all.....however I might get my wife to settle on just having patio furniture for our house and we can move it in and out of the living room each day as needed.... 🙂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mustgo said:

We also miss the barrel chair but on Holland we miss the recently eliminated production shows more.  We will book a deluxe cabin on Princess when the price is ok and otherwise ask for another chair or bring in one of the balcony chairs.

Scratch them off my list!! I can move a balcony chair into my room

Edited by Ombud

14 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

What we need is a vendor at the airports to sell camping chairs.

If enough standard balcony cruisers started showing up with a camping chair in tow, I'd be willing to bet Princess would find a way to ban them for our convenience or for the safety and comfort of our fellow passengers.

Coming soon to the Gift Shops Of Princess.....Blue and White camping chairs with Princess logo!!!!

Buy two and you will get a reusable water bottle with straw.... 😉

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, mafw said:

This is a point that should be brought up.....FALSE ADVERTISING.   Should we maybe think about a CLASS ACTION SUIT...   Why have all pictures shown for BALCONY SUITES with a barrel chair SHOWN......... and then find out no chairs and NO WHERE TO SIT???????

From the Princess website:  Photos, floor plan diagrams, and amenities represent typical arrangements and may vary by ship and stateroom. Certain staterooms may vary in size, decor and configuration.

Princess wins the suit.

• Like 6

Well, Carnival Corp lost their lawsuit and it was determined by the superior court and upheld in appeal that all cruise ships docking in US ports must be ADA compliant. If you husbands back is a medical condition Princess must make "reasonable accommodation" for him. I would think that a chair in the room is reasonable. The best way to manage that is to contact their access department. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jennybenny said:

I haven't asked. I suspect money is a big motivator and perhaps cabins will start to be designed a little bit smaller and won't fit.  

I did in several emails but got no answer other than to accomidate the wishes/needs of passengers. In other words no logical reason.

We are on the Royal right now and I requested a barrel chair before I came on board and it was there.  The cabin steward was very polite pointing out that the chair I requested was there.

Sorry, I can't remember where in the "already booked" section there is a place for requests.

"Ask and you will (maybe) receive."

On our recent Crown cruise, our steward had a chair in our cabin about ten minutes after we asked for one...and it was in excellent condition.  We used it a lot and only had to move it if we infrequently needed to get into the fridge.

2 hours ago, Doug R. said:

From the Princess website:  Photos, floor plan diagrams, and amenities represent typical arrangements and may vary by ship and stateroom. Certain staterooms may vary in size, decor and configuration.

Princess wins the suit.

Is it still true that "Photos, floor plan diagrams, and amenities represent the typical arrangements" of any balcony cabin on any Princess ship?

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

If a chair is important due to medical reasons, then make sure to book a premium balcony that has a sofa or a mini suite that has a sofa/chair.  Spend the extra money for a person's needs.

Pooh

On many of the Princess ships Carib balconies are sold as "Premium Balconies" and there are no barrel chairs for the extra cost.

5 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

On many of the Princess ships Carib balconies are sold as "Premium Balconies" and there are no barrel chairs for the extra cost.

Isn't there a small loveseat/sofa in the premium balconies in lieu of the barrel chair in the Deluxe balcony? 

Edited by jennybenny

3 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

If a chair is important due to medical reasons, then make sure to book a premium balcony that has a sofa or a mini suite that has a sofa/chair.  Spend the extra money for a person's needs.

Pooh

Please note that premium balconies are simply location. Only "deluxe" balcony cabins have the loveseat. And they are only on Royal class ships.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

Premium balcony cat. cabins have had their barrel chairs removed.