LIVE Equinox 8 Night Eastern Caribbean!!!!

h20cruzer

Here I am again for a much shorter cruise. My name is Norma I live in the Bay Area. I love cruising solo, but this time cruising with 4 friends. I will most certainly not be as detailed as ChicagoPaul or Jim but will talk about the ship and my experiences. I am not a tour girl so for those of you who want info on how various tours were I will not be your go to girl.
I only decided on this cruise a few weeks ago because the price was to high for a solo cabin, prices came down but I could only manage an inside cabin, with no additional perks and mostly because I wanted to travel with my friends!!!!!

I will be leaving SFO this morning on JetBlue 9:35am non stop to FLL arriving At 6:09pm. My friends will pick me up at the airport and we will go back to their home. No real plans for tonight. Tomorrow we will stop at Total Wines for our 2 bottles of wine and go to my favorite spot the Wild Oyster for cocktails, not sure where dinner will be.

This is an eastern Caribbean cruise. I have been to all these ports several times, Tortola is the only place I have not been. Depending on my mood depends on whether I get off the ship or not.

i will be taking the shuttle to the airport a bargin at $23.00.

More later.

AF791617-72B7-4558-BB63-875E55CA7A83.jpeg

• Like 5

Whoo hoo!!! SO GLAD you are doing this, Norma... I considered doing one, but I'll just follow along on yours and add to it if I can. 🙂 

Safe travels today. We head down tomorrow. 

See you onboard! Looking forward to meeting you.

Stacy (Maine Cruiser)

Thank you for doing this!  We are doing the same itinerary in 2 weeks with our daughter/son in law.  It will be our 2nd time on Celebrity and their first (his very first cruise).  I look forward to learning about the ship (and the ports) from any information you post.

Looking forward to your review.

I typically sail with friends & family...next year on Equinox will be as a solo.  I'm anxious to hear your thoughts comparing this trip with your friends compared to sailing solo.

I sailed solo many years ago on a Cunard ship that I had sailed on previously and had a lot of friends that were part of the crew (when crew members could mingle with the guests).

Thanks!

Susan

My shuttle was on time as always took 1 1/2 hrs to get here. No line for check in or security. I am flying out of the Brand new Harvey Milk terminal, very nice. Now waiting at the gate boarding isn’t starting for another 1/2 hr. Flight is packed can’t upgrade. Southwest counter all decorated for Halloween.

DA49F31B-242E-41B6-971F-C2158D486A5F.jpeg

6CB0336C-6418-406B-B23A-3443C3CA9ABE.jpeg

7FCEC719-DBC6-4E82-B643-850D1CFB2A29.jpeg

27679286-DAA0-4A64-A758-2BD7D428141C.jpeg

CAE1F323-A025-446D-9400-DE25036E64E2.jpeg

FC7FD879-8CE8-48D7-A643-C247E7B90ECD.jpeg

2059418E-0FF3-4924-9377-B72F0FB72D12.jpeg

I will be following along on this one.  Dang, but your username looks familiar.  I am thinking we may have crossed paths somewhere. 

If you were on that Marin Airporter, you were probably coming from the north Bay Area.  We spend 2 or 3 months every summer in San Rafael.  It was only 2 this year, because we went to Europe in July.  

Give lots of details. Our next cruise is on EQ. 

What a day, everything went like clockwork our flight was about 1/2 hr early. My friends pick me up and when we got back to their place they had a great dinner prepared. We have seen each other in a while so it was non stop talking.

They did have one mint seat  left on JetBlue that they announces went for $499.00, someone took it very quickly.
Tomorrow we are off to Total wines to pick up our 2 bottles of wine. I have already ordered online so it should take all of 5 minutes to pick up. A pic approaching Ft Lauderdale and the view from my friends condo. With that I bid you good night.

886B9D95-CD0E-4739-9D2F-AA8E361B89E4.jpeg

C4C9D1D4-3F2F-412F-B5B5-E5D750D60F5A.jpeg

3C1CF380-573B-4AA1-865D-107D5EB87D7F.jpeg

Edited by h20cruzer
Spelling

Didn’t wake up till 8am!!! It’s a beautiful day here in Ft. Lauderdale, no plans for today, just going to play it by ear. We will definitely be going to the Wild Oyster for cocktails tonight and dinner has not been decided upon yet. Tomorrow morning will catch an Uber to the port which is like 2 miles from my friends home. Can’t wait to board the Equinox.

Norma

• Like 2

Last post before cruise day as I expected ended up at the  Wild Oyster  for cocktails before dinner. Finally decided on pizza and then back home and into bed. Want to get a good nights sleep before boarding the Equinox.

see you all tomorrow.

Norma

4EE2C6DC-361A-400B-90F5-E02F12531AC7.jpeg

8A41059F-91B3-4545-B52B-CEE8F46B7F06.jpeg

E7FAB0D7-3F32-4C42-8529-D3CA978B4846.jpeg

I will be following ! And also will actually be on the cruise too!! We didn’t have such a great travel day today it was really long from San Diego!American changed our flight and we had a three hour layover and almost got stuck in Dallas because of a lightning storm but are in our hotel It is  10:30 !!look forward to sleeping in and I know we will definitely meet Up somewhere on the cruise this week!!! We look forward to a new day tomorrow and boarding the Equinox!! 😁

• Like 2