Water

maggieq

So shame on me for not researching the beverage packages we have for our 11/2 Encore cruise.  I assumed bottled water would be included as it has been on our Rccl and celebrity cruises.  Can someone share a drink menu or menu where they would have bottled water prices?  Also, is there a place to get cups of water to bring back to our room?  For me, a bottle of water at the gym and in the room for the nighttime is key.  

Appreciate your feedback. 

Thanks!

Bring an empty bottle on board or, better yet, a refillable bottle, and use that. The latter works very well for us (including in the gym and on shorex). 

Keep them filled in your mini fridge. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, maggieq said:

So shame on me for not researching the beverage packages we have for our 11/2 Encore cruise.  I assumed bottled water would be included as it has been on our Rccl and celebrity cruises.  Can someone share a drink menu or menu where they would have bottled water prices?  Also, is there a place to get cups of water to bring back to our room?  For me, a bottle of water at the gym and in the room for the nighttime is key.  

Thanks!

You can glasses of (free) water from any bar and from the buffet.  A 16 oz. bottle of water is $3 - 4 if purchased individually, or you can get one of the packages of one liter bottles delivered to to your cabin.  The tap water is usually fine with me, I'll refill empty bottles and toss in the fridge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

Thanks!

Ask your room attendant to empty the fridge and bring a double walled water bottle. It will stay cold overnight by your bed and to take to the gym. We use them to take in our backpack for shore excursions too. We get comp water ( litre bottles) as  a Latitude reward and still use them. 

I saw in another thread that you could have your steward bring you a pitcher of water daily.  I'll be doing that when I board Bliss on Sunday as Nalgene bottles (even my big mouth ones) are hard to fill from the tap in the room, and from glasses since you aren't supposed to fill reusable bottles directly from "public" water dispensers.

17 minutes ago, hallux said:

I saw in another thread that you could have your steward bring you a pitcher of water daily.  I'll be doing that when I board Bliss on Sunday as Nalgene bottles (even my big mouth ones) are hard to fill from the tap in the room, and from glasses since you aren't supposed to fill reusable bottles directly from "public" water dispensers.

You can fill reusable bottles from public water dispensers, you just have to use a glass to fill them versus filling from the faucet.

1 minute ago, NLH Arizona said:

You can fill reusable bottles from public water dispensers, you just have to use a glass to fill them versus filling from the faucet.

That's exactly what I said.  The bottles are hard to fill from the glasses you have to use because you can't fill directly at those water stations.

21 minutes ago, hallux said:

You can have your butler bring you pitchers of water and tea. 

Just now, BirdTravels said:

You can have your butler bring you pitchers of water and tea. 

That assumes you're in a room where you have such a person!

Are you saying that a regular cabin steward won't do this?

• Haha 1

On our last cruise with the Premium Plus beverage package both still and sparkling water bottles were included in the package.  Also included were espressos, cappuccinos, and hot or iced lattes at the onboard Starbucks.  

16 hours ago, Rsavtechcruise said:

Except most of the ppl missed the fact that are you on the encore no bottled water on the encore it is now carton of water ( think old  school milk carton)  they are going green 

The press release says they are using JUST Water, which is packaged spring water:
just-water-single.jpg.2414d0f7eba5fe3c7cb30687a32a7855.jpg

The plastic portions are sugar cane based plastic (carbon sink rather than from petroleum which is a carbon emitter) and the carton itself is a sandwich construction with paper and aluminum that is easily recycled (unlike plastic bottles that are harder to recycle). 

9 hours ago, Rsavtechcruise said:

Premium plus does not include the official Starbucks like on the bliss now the ships coffee shop that is another story it is included in premium plus package

That was only true on the Star and the Sun which had different Premium packages when they offered the Open Bar to everyone.  Here are the actual Terms and Conditions...

Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction.

Includes all beverages by the glass. Beverage selection is subject to change onboard.

Includes fountain soda, freshly squeezed juice, bottled water (flat and sparkling), energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer, wine dispensers, and specialty coffee.

For non-select bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included), “Wine and Spirit Experiences”, tastings, and flights, guest will receive a 40% discount when purchased on board.

Does not include: Room service, mini bar purchases, vending machines, or pre-cruise wine bottle purchases.

10 hours ago, Rsavtechcruise said:

Premium plus does not include the official Starbucks like on the bliss now the ships coffee shop that is another story it is included in premium plus package

We didn't have Premium Plus when we were on the Bliss but we did have it on the Sky earlier this month and were able to order drinks at the new freestanding Starbucks onboard using our package.  Some of the employees were confused as to how to properly enter it and we had to have a couple of the charges corrected at Guest Services at the end of the cruise.  But it was confirmed to us that Espresso, Cappuccino, and Lattes at Starbucks were included with the Premium Plus package.  

Norwegian-Sky-Starbucks.jpg

Edited by Motegi