Bottled water Diamond Club

sugcarol

6 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Thank you. I remember they had cappuccino during the day, do they still have it? We are on Liberty

Since this past Sunday cappuccino machine in D club has been down.  There is a sign to goto cafe promenade and one other place to get cappuccino, latte and espresso.  You just ha e to show your D or D+ card.  If you are P, you cannot go and get from cafe promenade.  It was explained that since P have access to the SL(the machine works in there) you don't get access.  Weird because as D+ and suite guest, wife goes and gets a cup from cafe promenade every day.  No first hand experience but that is what was told to me by the P on this cruise.  

Have to say this is one of the friendliest bunch of P's I have ever met.  Actually almost everyone we have met has been friendly on this cruise.  Must be that Texas welcome!

Also to answer your previous question no bottled water in DL outside of happy hour.  It has been pretty busy in the DL even at 630pm which is 1 hour after first seating.  Tried to go in last night at 7pm and there was not a seat left.

9 hours ago, sugcarol said:

is bottled water available in the Diamond Club during the day? I seem to remember it once was but unsure now.

No bottled water during the day in DL but there is a wash sink with cold water if you want to drink water.

Alternatively there is a coffee machine with hot water available to make cups of tea or hot chocolate.

20 hours ago, frank808 said:

Since this past Sunday cappuccino machine in D club has been down.  There is a sign to goto cafe promenade and one other place to get cappuccino, latte and espresso.  You just ha e to show your D or D+ card.  If you are P, you cannot go and get from cafe promenade.  It was explained that since P have access to the SL(the machine works in there) you don't get access.  Weird because as D+ and suite guest, wife goes and gets a cup from cafe promenade every day.  No first hand experience but that is what was told to me by the P on this cruise.  

Have to say this is one of the friendliest bunch of P's I have ever met.  Actually almost everyone we have met has been friendly on this cruise.  Must be that Texas welcome!

Also to answer your previous question no bottled water in DL outside of happy hour.  It has been pretty busy in the DL even at 630pm which is 1 hour after first seating.  Tried to go in last night at 7pm and there was not a seat left.

Aren’t they allowing you to take drinks out into Viking Lounge? This is the usual practice on this ship.

57 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Aren’t they allowing you to take drinks out into Viking Lounge? This is the usual practice on this ship.

Yes, the few times I was in the DL,  people have left with drinks.  I have left every evening from the SL with a drink.

32 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

Just want to say thank you for all of your answers, you guys are awesome! Never knew about cappuccino at promenade

The cappuccino, espresso or latte is only because the cappuccino machine on liberty is broken.  This is not a standard diamond perk.

You can have some bottled water in your cabin (a pint I think) per diamond member. It should be there when you board. And I think you can now bring some bottled water with you -- not sure exactly how much but I remember reading you can now bring water and soft drinks on RCI. Also, I find the ship's tap water to be as good as most bottled water.

Good to know if the machine is still down I can get cappuccino at Cafe Promenade. Maybe it might be fixed or replaced when I board this Sunday.

Edited by Jimnbigd

23 minutes ago, Jimnbigd said:

You can have some bottled water in your cabin (a pint I think) per diamond member. It should be there when you board. And I think you can now bring some bottled water with you -- not sure exactly how much but I remember reading you can now bring water and soft drinks on RCI. Also, I find the ship's tap water to be as good as most bottled water.

Good to know if the machine is still down I can get cappuccino at Cafe Promenade. Maybe it might be fixed or replaced when I board this Sunday.

Two 750ml bottles of wine per cabin and a 12 pack of drink 16.9 fl oz size or less.

Doubt the espresso machine will be fixed by this sunday.  Cruisers that have been on for 4 weeks have told me that machine has been broken since they got on.  

Edited by frank808

23 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Grab yourself three or four bottles each night from the DL during happy hour and keep them in your cabin fridge.  Last cruise I saw many people walking out with armfuls of water. 

When they take away free bottles of water,  those who carried out armfuls will be the first to complain.   

just my opinion. 

m

• Like 1

Twenty years ago the question of water was never questioned.  In grade school, high school, college, shopping malls, county buildings, etc, etc. there was water accessible.   Now people carry around those little plastic bottles in one hand and a cell phone in the other.  Now worried 6 months in advance of a cruise where to get it.  Dumb!