Princess Cruises Extends Loyalty Benefits to Passengers of All Ages

Ombud

37 minutes ago, Ombud said:

So kids can enjoy Platinum & elite status when obtained instead of jumping from blue to black @ 18

Many of us jumped from no status to black status when Princess introduced Platinum and Elite.

Previously there was those who sailed with Princess and those who didn't.

Edited by Coral

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Idahospud do they get the loyalty OBC $$s

I haven’t heard anything on that one yet. I'll add it to my questions-to-be-asked list. I know better than to ask any Princess rep so it’ll have to wait until my next webinar. 

Hopefully someone who has kiddos with that many cruises can report on it in the meantime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, idahospud said:

I haven’t heard anything on that one yet. I'll add it to my questions-to-be-asked list. I know better than to ask any Princess rep so it’ll have to wait until my next webinar. 

Hopefully someone who has kiddos with that many cruises can report on it in the meantime.

We sailed twice with the kids elite benefits included. No loyalty OBC for them. They did both get the free Internet and also a free mini bar set up for the room my DS was booked into with grandma (who is not yet elite). I think that was a mistake, though, as when she asked about it (she didn't want to get charged) they said they had to trade out the alcohol as the elite passenger was a minor. She was happy with the trade our for water and non-alcoholic drinks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

We sailed twice with the kids elite benefits included. No loyalty OBC for them. They did both get the free Internet and also a free mini bar set up for the room my DS was booked into with grandma (who is not yet elite). I think that was a mistake, though, as when she asked about it (she didn't want to get charged) they said they had to trade out the alcohol as the elite passenger was a minor. She was happy with the trade our for water and non-alcoholic drinks!

Thanks for the first-hand report. I knew someone had experienced the change the same week it switched over. Now I remember it was you!

I’m wondering if they have changed their minds on the mini bar piece for minors as the fine print states it’s only for 21 and older and doesn’t have any notation for those under 21. Unless they haven’t updated their info - wouldn’t be the first time we’ve had conflicting information.

Again, thanks for sharing your experience!

Just now, idahospud said:

Thanks for the first-hand report. I knew someone had experienced the change the same week it switched over. Now I remember it was you!

I’m wondering if they have changed their minds on the mini bar piece for minors as the fine print states it’s only for 21 and older and doesn’t have any notation for those under 21. Unless they haven’t updated their info - wouldn’t be the first time we’ve had conflicting information.

Again, thanks for sharing your experience!

Yeah - I do think it was a mistake! I think they assumed the elite passenger was grandma, rather than an 8 year old. LOL. I don't think the mini bar (alcoholic or otherwise) would ordinarily apply. I'm just thrilled they get Internet! They love having the black medallions, too!

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

It'll really help to not have to share minutes. Idahospud do they get the loyalty OBC $$s

Since there is only one loyalty OBC to a cabin, if the child is in a cabin with an eligible parent, there would not be a second loyalty OBC for the child.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Since there is only one loyalty OBC to a cabin, if the child is in a cabin with an eligible parent, there would not be a second loyalty OBC for the child.

There's not a limit of one loyalty OBC per cabin. Some folks get one per qualifying person. But couples who have just a letter's difference in their Captain's Club numbers get just one.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, geoherb said:

There's not a limit of one loyalty OBC per cabin. Some folks get one per qualifying person. But couples who have just a letter's difference in their Captain's Club numbers get just one.

geoherb I am interested in these differences with benefits (DH and I are about to be elite). We have been cruising for over 20 years and were not married for our first cruise. Our member numbers (is this the same as the Capt Circle number?) are different. Mine has a B at the end and DH has an A - but definitely different numbers. So you are advising (when the time comes) we may get 2x loyalty OBC? TIA for the clarification.

16 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

It is all good....

But what happens when most of the passengers are elite ?????

then nobody is elite........

as the problem they can not give everybody priority boarding and free laundry

Time to move to goal posts ?? 

Cheers Don 

I wonder about this too. On our Oct. 4 cruise on the Royal (10 day Mexico) they told us there were 1000 Platinum and 900 Elite. 

Our children are now 18 and 23 and Platinum (and closing in on Elite). They would've been thrilled to get the free internet minutes on their past cruises when minors.

Edited by junglejane

18 hours ago, Sarah Jane Smith said:

geoherb I am interested in these differences with benefits (DH and I are about to be elite). We have been cruising for over 20 years and were not married for our first cruise. Our member numbers (is this the same as the Capt Circle number?) are different. Mine has a B at the end and DH has an A - but definitely different numbers. So you are advising (when the time comes) we may get 2x loyalty OBC? TIA for the clarification.

Yes, it may work out for you both to get loyalty credit. It starts with your 21st cruise, not when you become Elite. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 3:21 PM, getting older slowly said:

It is all good....

But what happens when most of the passengers are elite ?????

then nobody is elite........

as the problem they can not give everybody priority boarding and free laundry

Time to move to goal posts ?? 

Cheers Don 

Well the kids won't impact boarding or laundry - even without elite benefits, my kids always boarded with me and I've always included their stuff in the laundry! The only real benefits extended to them are the coloured medallions and the internet minutes. I'm happy with this, especially as my DD always sails as passenger two so I've always paid the same price for her as if she were an adult sailing!