Enchantment Drydock?

2 hours ago, Jeff13 said:

We were on Enchantment in May.  It was the worst cruise I was ever on.  The entire ship is rusty.  The room attendant and the dining staff and the bar tenders were outstanding.  Those in charge of the ship were sloppy and didn't seem to care about anyone or anything.  They lied to us at every turn and mislead us about what was going on at every chance.  From day one and continuing on during departure.  I have never been on a cruise ship so poorly managed.

The problem is not just that it needs dry dock.  It needs the ongoing "propulsion" issues resolved!  Then it needs a new Captain.  Or, maybe it needs a new Captain who will get the propulsion system back up to 100%.

I’m not sure what kind of propulsion issue they have, we were constantly doing over 21 knots on our sea days 

I also read the review about the paint/solvent fumes in the owners suite. (they were painting right on the intake register to the A/C units that led to those particular cabins).  That review was partly what made me want to ask about the Enchantment.  I'm not worried about that happening if we cruise on the Enchantment, I'm just wondering about general upkeep (not mechanical maintenance) and if that's an issue.

However, now that propulsion issues have come up, has that been an issue still or is it resolved?  🙂

Dan

58 minutes ago, Becoming said:

I was wondering what happened as I looked for that review again.  I believe the painting problem happened 2 or 3 times and they eventually moved.  I've read his reviews before as he is one of our local media guys.  That cruise seemed to have had multiple problems.  I was on Enchantment in August and things were "OK".

Hopefully Enchantment will get the attention she needs soon!

Patti 

I hope so, too, because I'm doing a B2B on Enchantment in January.

Steve

4 hours ago, garnetpalmetto said:

I read that review too and even commented on it. I believe what he described was painting the superstructure of the ship, not the hull and again, my understanding from that other post I read (which I'll have to find again) is that you can't paint the hull in those ports, but that other painting on the superstructure is allowed. Perhaps I could light the signal and  @chengkp75 could address whether there are such things (ports where hull painting isn't allowed? I'd assume that you couldn't paint the hull while the ship is out at sea without being stopped?)

Serenade gets lot of it's Annual painting done during reg Cruises in Caribbean Ports. Can't remember which ones off hand though... To other post, many ongoing  Propulsion issues need a scheduled/open Dry Dock to repair, not usually Capt to blame. What I've seen at time can be many months.

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, molsonschooner said:

how much rust does Liberty have on her. She has been in Galveston for a few years now.

We were on Liberty a couple of years ago in Galveston and she was immaculate, and we'll be sailing her again in March.  I would expect the upkeep to be excellent.  We've never seen any issues with Freedom class ships.

Dan

On 10/24/2019 at 2:39 PM, Host Clarea said:

Any dry dock for Enchantment would likely be only required marine maintenance and inspection.

I hope not.  She is replacing Grandeur out of Baltimore, and having a Chops as the ONLY specialty restaurant is NOT good.

There is space for a second one, using what is now listed as a conference center.

On 10/24/2019 at 2:12 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Just wondering if the Enchantment has a scheduled drydock or refurb?  Considering a cruise in July 2020 and have been reading about the current so-so upkeep.  Thanks.

Dan

She is right now (10/29) in Dry Dock in Cadiz, Spain. for a two week nip and tuck.  we are sailing her back to the united states on the transatlantic cruise.

Trey

6 hours ago, young2by2 said:

She is right now (10/29) in Dry Dock in Cadiz, Spain. for a two week nip and tuck.  we are sailing her back to the united states on the transatlantic cruise.

Trey

That is Rhapsody, not Enchantment.... 

The Grandeur is another option versus the Enchantment during the same time frame that we have available to cruise.  From what I've been researching, the Grandeur seems to be kept up well with a highly recommended staff?  Can anyone speak to that?  Grandeur vs Enchantment?  Comparisons of the two?

Kindly,

Dan

18 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

The Grandeur is another option versus the Enchantment during the same time frame that we have available to cruise.  From what I've been researching, the Grandeur seems to be kept up well with a highly recommended staff?  Can anyone speak to that?  Grandeur vs Enchantment?  Comparisons of the two?

Kindly,

Dan

The ships used to be identical until 2005 when Royal cut Enchantment in half and added a 70 foot section in the middle.  So Enchantment has one of the largest main pool decks in Royal's fleet.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

The ships used to be identical until 2005 when Royal cut Enchantment in half and added a 70 foot section in the middle.  So Enchantment has one of the largest main pool decks in Royal's fleet.

Thank you Bob.  I love that indoor solarium on both ships.  Do they typically leave it closed, even in nice weather, or do they retract the roof?  I loved the indoor solarium on the Celebrity Equinox.

Dan

11 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thank you Bob.  I love that indoor solarium on both ships.  Do they typically leave it closed, even in nice weather, or do they retract the roof?  I loved the indoor solarium on the Celebrity Equinox.

Dan

Even in nice weather, they're typically closed. I've been on Grandeur and Enchantment both and the Solarium was never open on either.

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Dan

I've never seen the Solarium roof open on Enchantment.

8 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Kindly,

Dan

We love the Grandeur and just got off her.  The staff has always been the best in the fleet. IMO. Ship is well kept.  Been awhile since we were on the Enchantment.  When they added the additional footage, which was a lot of cabins, they did not allow extra space at the venues for the extra passengers.  To see a show, you had to get to the theater extra early to get a seat.  Windjammer was very crowed.  Still it is a nice ship.

One of the issues I have heard with Enchantment is that things get crowded.  They added 74 feet and 151 cabins.  So about 300 more people.  But same size MDR.  Same size WJ.  Same size theater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRF said:

One of the issues I have heard with Enchantment is that things get crowded.  They added 74 feet and 151 cabins.  So about 300 more people.  But same size MDR.  Same size WJ.  Same size theater.

We felt that the theater would fill up earlier on Enchantment than on other Vision class ships.  On the other hand, the addition of Boleros was welcome.

4 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Leaning towards Grandeur, Lady G.  It’s about time we try one of the smaller ships in the fleet. Seems to consistently garner lots of praise from its passengers.

Dan

Do it soon.

She leaves the fleet March 26, 2021.

We have two booked on her, and I will probably squeeze in at least one or two more.  Mainly to get a Lady G crystal block.