Haven't boarded yet, already unhappy

Just now, akcruz said:

Just as FYI, this normally doesn't show until about 30 days before the cruise so don't print too early.

Sorry, mine has been there for at least the last 60 days.  It was a chosen perk maybe that is why.

1 minute ago, akcruz said:

Just as FYI, this normally doesn't show until about 30 days before the cruise so don't print too early.

I'm about 45 days before and it shows up.  Probably because I made a call yesterday.

8 minutes ago, If only said:

Sorry, mine has been there for at least the last 60 days.  It was a chosen perk maybe that is why.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm about 45 days before and it shows up.  Probably because I made a call yesterday.

Well mine was not there at about 50 days but showed up on its own at around 30.  Had seen it mentioned here on CC before so waited until after the 30 days to worry about.  Sure thing it was there no problem.  We have it as a chosen perk as well.  As I've seen with Celebrity and Royal inconsistency is the only consistent thing.  Just letting others know to not get worried if it isn't there right away.

Have done a few TAs and TPs.  Expect boarding delays on any sailing from the US immediately after a TA.  Before their first sailing of the season from US waters there is a mandatory complete Coast Guard inspection of the ship as well as a vetting of all crew by immigration. 

I'd wager it adds another 1 to 1 1/2 hours to the "normal" early boarding times, unless there are unusual issues of course.

9 hours ago, villauk said:

I’d look for another job 🤣.

The beauty of my current situation is I retire in 8 months so going to hang in there and enjoy the light at the end of the tunnel...yes, some days I'm pretty sure that light is the train headed straight for me 🤨

4 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Have done a few TAs and TPs.  Expect boarding delays on any sailing from the US immediately after a TA.  Before their first sailing of the season from US waters there is a mandatory complete Coast Guard inspection of the ship as well as a vetting of all crew by immigration. 

I'd wager it adds another 1 to 1 1/2 hours to the "normal" early boarding times, unless there are unusual issues of course.

Is there any chance they would do the Coast Guard Inspection when it overnights in New York?

8 hours ago, If only said:

Yes, right below bar code.

not on my express pass....bar code but nothing else below it.  Booking confirmation re perks:  YWF7-BEVCLINGRAT9???  assume that is Bev and Grats but nothing saying Classic or Premium...

55 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

not on my express pass....bar code but nothing else below it.  Booking confirmation re perks:  YWF7-BEVCLINGRAT9???  assume that is Bev and Grats but nothing saying Classic or Premium...

I would be checking into that if it were me.

it clearly shows on your booking so I would question why it doesn’t show up on you Express Pass.  Unless your cruise is not for a while yet?

53 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

That should be BEVerage Package CLassic INcluding GRATuities ... (or something similar... ).

It seems that with these packages of 'perks' there are two stages.

The package will appear on your invoice straight away, but unbundling the package and applying it to your account happens at a later stage.

Until it is unbundled you won't see the drinks package on your Xpress pass.

A quick phone call can get it all done, or just wait and it will probably happen at some point before you board, but personally I called as we are more comfortable when we can see it on the pass vs trusting it will get done...

1 hour ago, If only said:

I would be checking into that if it were me.

it clearly shows on your booking so I would question why it doesn’t show up on you Express Pass.  Unless your cruise is not for a while yet?

I'll keep looking...cruise about 6 weeks away.

I was on this cruise. It was a transatlantic on the Infinity. The captain told us that we would arrive Miami at 5:00 am so I was surprised that disembarking started so late. We were told that it was due to immigration since we came from Europe. The walk offs didn’t start until 8:30. We were originally scheduled to get off of the ship at 9:20,  but since our flight was at 11:30 our disembark time was changed to 8:10, which didn’t happen. We didn’t get off until after 9:00. I’m so glad that we changed our time. I’d be curious to hear when the last passengers were let off.

2 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

I'll keep looking...cruise about 6 weeks away.

If it doesn't show up by about a month before your cruise make a call.  Ours wasn't originally on the pass but showed up about 30 days prior.  

12 minutes ago, akcruz said:

If it doesn't show up by about a month before your cruise make a call.  Ours wasn't originally on the pass but showed up about 30 days prior.  

I find calling works better with Celebrity.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:09 PM, Purplsmurf said:

I was on this cruise. It was a transatlantic on the Infinity. The captain told us that we would arrive Miami at 5:00 am so I was surprised that disembarking started so late. We were told that it was due to immigration since we came from Europe. The walk offs didn’t start until 8:30. We were originally scheduled to get off of the ship at 9:20,  but since our flight was at 11:30 our disembark time was changed to 8:10, which didn’t happen. We didn’t get off until after 9:00. I’m so glad that we changed our time. I’d be curious to hear when the last passengers were let off.

We were among the last passengers off the Infinity. We exited the ship at 10:45.

After reading this posting, I really felt so sorry for the crew on embarkation day on this ship. I know that some of the crew had to get up at 3:00am in order to get their paperwork together to meet with immigration on the pier. Even though the Captain originally said that we would arrive around 5am, I think we were alongside about 3am. What difference does it make if immigration doesn't arrive to process the people?

They wanted to process the crew first, then there was some in depth inspection that had to be made and then they started allowing passengers to disembark. Totally out of the control of ship's staff, but don't they get blamed for everything?

I hope the embarking passengers were a bit more understanding than this OP, as the crew were doing everything that they could do to accommodate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2019 at 3:17 PM, jelayne said:

We always check our Order History in the Cruise Planner to make sure our purchased or perks are showing.

If you have a beverage package that will show on your Xpress Pass - CALL for Classic Package and PALL for premium.  

Odd... mine says PALL, CALL and my GF's says CALL, PALL.... Is that normal? 

Edited by Icon901

Have another 3 drinks and forget the hassles. Enjoy! Don't worry about disembarking...make them pry your fingers from the ship's rail!😜

I remember one morning waking up in our Ft. Lauderdale hotel about 6:00AM anxious to board Connie. There was a terrible thunderstorm that morning, the hotel lost power, tornadoes hit all over Ft. Lauderdale. About 10AM the sun came out and off we went to Port Everglades. We arrived at the terminal and there was mayhem! The ship was late disembarking passengers because the captain had ordered everyone into the theater for their safety until the storm passed. The tornado had blown the deckchairs from the pool area onto the roof of the port. The terminal building had no power, so no computers to check in anyone. The screening machines weren't working, so everyone and everything had to be done by hand. We departed PE about 3 hours late (maybe more, it's been a few years). It was one of our favorite cruises after all was said and done. Have a great time and enjoy your vacation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Member123 said:

We were among the last passengers off the Infinity. We exited the ship at 10:45.

After reading this posting, I really felt so sorry for the crew on embarkation day on this ship. I know that some of the crew had to get up at 3:00am in order to get their paperwork together to meet with immigration on the pier. Even though the Captain originally said that we would arrive around 5am, I think we were alongside about 3am. What difference does it make if immigration doesn't arrive to process the people?

They wanted to process the crew first, then there was some in depth inspection that had to be made and then they started allowing passengers to disembark. Totally out of the control of ship's staff, but don't they get blamed for everything?

I hope the embarking passengers were a bit more understanding than this OP, as the crew were doing everything that they could do to accommodate.

I was just letting the OP know what happened, that’s all. I had no complaints. It really was too bad that the crew had to be up so early, as I was up with a migraine and we definitely weren’t docked at 3:00 am. It was more like 5:00. Maybe that’s why things took longer since the crew had to be cleared first. In the future i will definitely keep all of this in mind to make sure we are off early enough for a flight.

• Like 1

We were once greatly delayed getting on Silhouette,  and said we would try not to book  the first cruise after ship returns for the US season... b/c of the delay, staff adjustments, new germs, etc.

Now we are booked on EDGE for Nov 15th..the 1st  Cruise after the TA   Our paper work says we sail at 3:30.. Hope so.  We plan to get to port at  our usual time  10: 30/ 11:00, but will have lots of snacks in case there is a longer wait than usual!

15 hours ago, Icon901 said:

Odd... mine says PALL, CALL and my GF's says CALL, PALL.... Is that normal? 

My wife & I have the exact same "PALL, CALL" and "CALL, PALL" codes on our Express Passes.  A few days ago I called Celebrity and asked about it.  We originally had a Classic Beverage Package perk (before they began adding tip costs to the beverage perk) which we've upgraded to the Premium Package.  The Celebrity staff member told me both codes on our Express Passes will not confuse the fact that we now have only the Premium Package.

Still, I'm going to confirm our Premium Package is in effect at embarkation check-in and later that day check our account on the stateroom TV to make sure.

If anyone else who has had both "PALL, CALL" on their Express Pass can tell us how it worked out I'd appreciate it.

On 10/25/2019 at 1:16 PM, Space Coast Cruisers said:

On our last cruise my Ice cream was too cold.😐

I hope you raised heck with guest services, totally unacceptable.  Ain’t nobody got time for cold ice cream!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, frankdp said:

I hope you raised heck with guest services, totally unacceptable.  Ain’t nobody got time for cold ice cream!

This thread is for real problems.   Like your key card works the first time and you *don't* need to go to guest services.

Or the bar made your martini with Absolut so you weren't charged because you have the classic package.