Discount on $50-a-bag laundry special?

fstuff1

Once a cruise, the ship will offer a $50/bag laundry special.

I'm doing a b2b so I need to do laundry on the 2nd leg.

I'm Select tier and get a 10%(?) discount on laundry.

I didn't get that discount on my last cruise months ago. 😞

What do I write on the laundry ticket to get that discount? (Guest services were useless in this regard.)

Edited by fstuff1

We undertook a B2B cruise in December 2017 and were given free laundry because it was a B2B booking (UK booking). Though as we were Elite then we just wrote "Loyalty" on the bags. Perhaps check with your TA or X direct to see if you qualify for free laundry through your B2B booking. You should also receive a discount and embarkation lunch in the MDR on the embarkation day of your second cruise whether you are concierge class or not. Hope that helps. 

On B2Bs we sometimes have been offered some free laundry other times not.  It may depend upon how many B2B cruisers there are.  Were were on a cruise a couple of years ago on the  Solstice and there were 1100+ B2Bers.  We were given a choice of 1of 3 options  1)  a free  bag of laundry,  2) discount on a speciality restaurant 3) some free internet minutes.  
With that many staying on they advised us early on that the cabin attendants would not be able to assist those changing cabins.

Just for the sake of comparison, we are just off the HAL Veendam where HAL offered a bag of laundry for $20....and it was a cloth bag, not the paper ones that Celebrity uses.  HAL and Celebrity are very comparable lines (along with Princess).  Interesting how Celebrity continually tries to pick your pocket for more.

• Like 2

We were recently on Reflection, and as select got a bag of laundry for discounted price of $20.  It was a 12 night cruise, so perhaps discount depends on length of cruise.  We had an info sheet waiting for us in our cabin outlining the select perks/discounts.  We just needed to write "select" on the laundry bag.  Worked great!

2 hours ago, sazoca said:

We were just on the Solstice and they now use cloth bags also.  Holds a lot more,  especially if you roll the clothes!

Great. Something else to watch for a “you removed this item” charge for. HAL tried to charge me for a missing cloth bag a few years ago. I managed to convince them I never touched it and they refunded the charge, but it was not a fun reentry activity having to defend myself.

7 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

What do I write on the laundry ticket to get that discount? (Guest services were useless in this regard.)

It depends on the length of the cruise in our Past B2B2B (10+11+7) the $50 bag were offered only in the first 2 legs, your room attendant delivers the coupon to your cabin, the coupon can only be used the days specified.

if you are CC select member the bag cost $20 for cruises of 12 or more nights.

I will do my own laundry on ships with a laundry facility... I don't really mind that much and like being able to pack less.  Sometimes I bring my Scrubba washing bag if I think I just need to do a few items and there is no launderette.  I am wary of how hot they will wash the clothes and maybe ruin them.  Scrubba is great especially for items that are thin and dry quickly (swimsuit cover ups, gym shorts, clothing that isn't cotton...)  If something was filthy dirty it might not work but just for a refresh it's pretty good.  I just stand on it in the shower and move it around with my feet.

On 10/27/2019 at 10:35 AM, fstuff1 said:

I always write same thing " Captains Club Special Discount"

update:

i found out i made Elite after completing the 1st leg of my b2b.

so the 2nd leg i get a free bag of laundry anytime.

so i filled my bag and wrote 'Loyalty'  on the laundry slip and put $0 for the final price.

unfortunately, the laundry dept charged me $20.

i'm assuming they saw that i was doing a b2b with 13days total and if on a cruise for 12+ days, laundry is only $20.

i called guest services and they said they'll leave a note with the laundry master.

next time i'm going to write 'Elite -> FREE'