Back to Back Cruise Questions

danny8826

12 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don’t believe they have a back to back list. If you want liquor on the last day of the first cruise, buy it and if they give it to you,  don’t advertise it on a public website

m

Au contraire, although I am sure it is different ship to ship, but friends on an Oasis or Allure cruise had their alcohol held for the second cruise.  And of course they have a back to back list...how do they know who to invite for lunch?🙄

Edited by Magicat

2 hours ago, Magicat said:

Au contraire, although I am sure it is different ship to ship, but friends on an Oasis or Allure cruise had their alcohol held for the second cruise.  And of course they have a back to back list...how do they know who to invite for lunch?🙄

Good point about the list.  Maybe they just pick people randomly to invite...lol...just kidding. :)

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:24 PM, danny8826 said:

Since the ship is in Southampton, can we disembark and tour the are or nearby cities/areas like Windsor, Bath, etc...?

If we can disembark, when we come back, do we need to get in line and do the paperwork again?

Not entirely certain it works this way in England, but on U.S. based B2B cruises, if you want to leave the ship and tour the town for a while, you have to let them k now before you get off the ship to clear customs. In addition  to your new seapass cards, the GS staff will give you an "in transit" card that allows you to exit and later re-enter the terminal. Once you are back in the terminal, you board like everyone else.

40 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

One thing I've always wondered...  do y'all just bring double the amount of clothing, or do you try to do laundry on the turnaround day, or send it to be laundered on the ship?

We use the wash & fold special bag and also send other items that we want pressed to the ship's laundry.

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

One thing I've always wondered...  do y'all just bring double the amount of clothing, or do you try to do laundry on the turnaround day, or send it to be laundered on the ship?

In the past one some of the longer cruise like 11 or 12 days, I packed for the entire cruise and usually don't have to do laundry.

On this back to back I don't know because there may be 3 to 4 formal nights which requires me to bring a lot more dressier clothes.

15 hours ago, Magicat said:

Of course the ship has a back to back list, but I can’t imagine that it trickles down to the retail shops.

m

We mix it up for laundry.  Bring a bit extra, wash and fold bag, hand wash light things (hang in shower to drip dry, then transfer on plastic hangers I bring to magnet hooks I attach to ceiling in cabin), plus send dress clothes out to dry cleaners (which I just figure is part of cruise cost 😉 ).  

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We send laundry out to be done. Also, we are at a crown and anchor level where we each received one bag of wash and fold laundry per( 5 night or longer )  cruise. So that takes care of things like PJs, underwear, shorts , men’s bathing

suit, socks etc. Many items can be worn more than once.

occasionally I will wash  something out in the sink or bathtub, blot it in a towel and it will dry in the cabin overnight. I do this with items that are too delicate to be laundered.

For cruises that might be 10 days or two weeks, or longer, I rarely pack for more than seven nights.  

M

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We send laundry out to be done. Also, we are at a crown and anchor level where we each received one bag of wash and fold laundry per( 5 night or longer )  cruise. So that takes care of things like PJs, underwear, shorts , men’s bathing

suit, socks etc. Many items can be worn more than once.

occasionally I will wash  something out in the sink or bathtub, blot it in a towel and it will dry in the cabin overnight. I do this with items that are too delicate to be laundered.

For cruises that might be 10 days or two weeks, or longer, I rarely pack for more than seven nights.  

M

Which Tier allow you one bag of laundry for free if I may ask?  Is it Diamond Plus and above?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

Which Tier allow you one bag of laundry for free if I may ask?  Is it Diamond Plus and above?

Diamond Plus definitely gets one bag of laundry for free...I believe Diamond does or at least a deep discount.

11 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Diamond Plus definitely gets one bag of laundry for free...I believe Diamond does or at least a deep discount.

Thank you.

I'm a Diamond member, but not that I know of that I get a bag of laundry for free.

The free bag of laundry is just a wash and fold service. Some people have good success with it (we usually do) some people seem to not be as pleased. 

The ship will often offer some type of mid cruise laundry service. Watch for it either in the Compass or on the TV messages.
m

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Definitely don't want to send out anything you care about in the free wash and fold bag.  Cotton undies, socks, t-shirts...good choice...anything else...may not be good idea.   That laundering service is very harsh on clothes.  

Agree. We only use the wash and fold service for underwear and socks. My wife is an over packer for the both of us 😉(3 large suit cases and a carry on each) so we really don't even need to use the service.  As long as we are a few pounds under the allowed air line luggage weight for each suit case I'm happy. 

Edited by davekathy

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Definitely don't want to send out anything you care about in the free wash and fold bag.  Cotton undies, socks, t-shirts...good choice...anything else...may not be good idea.   That laundering service is very harsh on clothes.  

I agree  One time we send out just undies, socks, and T-shirts and everything come back as wrinkle like there's no tomorrow.

That was unbelievable. 

Wash and fold free service for each of the Diamond + people include: socks, underwear, tee shirts, shorts, swim suits and pajamas.  So when packing remember you can get these washed for free.  Did two loads while on our last 13 nighter.  I'm a pro and can stuff that bag like a sausage.  I got 14 tees, 11 underwear, 11 pairs of socks, shorts and 2 pairs of pjs in one bag.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. We only use the wash and fold service for underwear and socks. My wife is an over packer for the both of us 😉(3 large suit cases and a carry on each) so we really don't even need to use the service.  As long as we are a few pounds under the allowed air line luggage weight for each suit case I'm happy. 

Always fun with the piles of laundry when we get back.  😉 Don't actually mind so much...but it's the ironing I dread.  😮 

14 hours ago, Magicat said:

Wash and fold free service for each of the Diamond + people include: socks, underwear, tee shirts, shorts, swim suits and pajamas.  So when packing remember you can get these washed for free.  Did two loads while on our last 13 nighter.  I'm a pro and can stuff that bag like a sausage.  I got 14 tees, 11 underwear, 11 pairs of socks, shorts and 2 pairs of pjs in one bag.

Don't forget...if you are two D+ in a cabin...you get two bags.  They "accidentally" forget to tell you that.  😉 

BTW:  What is a pajama?  😉 😄  And I most definitely would not send swimsuits out to that harsh treatment.  Easy to just hand wash, drip dry in shower and hang in cabin on hangers.  

Forgot to add:  I adore you avatar picture. What a sweet looking Tabby!  🥰

Edited by island lady

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We divide and conquer. 😊

Hmmm...I forgot about that.  There actually was one occasion (when I was hobbling around with a broken foot) that Bucky managed to pick up an iron.  Guess it proves he could do it now.  😄 May have to tap into that new talent again!  

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hmmm...I forgot about that.  There actually was one occasion (when I was hobbling around with a broken foot) that Bucky managed to pick up an iron.  Guess it proves he could do it now.  😄 May have to tap into that new talent again!  

I believe being married for 41 years my wife has finally got me trained. 😉 BTW we are having record breaking  frigid temps. This morning was 13 degrees and the high for toady is suppose to be 30 degrees. 🤬

On 10/31/2019 at 8:35 AM, island lady said:

Don't forget...if you are two D+ in a cabin...you get two bags.  They "accidentally" forget to tell you that.  😉 

BTW:  What is a pajama?  😉 😄  And I most definitely would not send swimsuits out to that harsh treatment.  Easy to just hand wash, drip dry in shower and hang in cabin on hangers.  

Forgot to add:  I adore you avatar picture. What a sweet looking Tabby!  🥰

Pajamas are what I have to wear at night.  As I occasionally sleep walk and after an incident at an Memphis hotel with a glass elevator and me knocking at the door of our room buck naked, they are something my wife insists I wear.

And thank you, Missey Pooh is sweet