bobpell

Rome to FLL Oct. Oct. 27 til Nov. 10 in a suite on the Nieuw Statendam

Sun rose and set on the port side

No orchids in Lido, small ones on Pinnacle tables

Sugar now put on tables in glass jars , no packets

We ate 69,176 eggs

2 service dogs, one Pomeranian and a standard poodle

Active book exchange, shelves opposite shore excursion desk

Miss the riotous times at the Crows Nest 4pm Happy Hour. It is like a morgue now

Fair seas except 6 hours approaching Bahamas when wind picked up to 55 knots and 20 foot seas from the north caused a small rolling sensation. Stabilizers were deployed

Cacophony of phlegmy coughing started ship wide shortly after departure from Rome and reached a crescendo the second last day. Could hardly hear Capt. Anderson talk to a packed main stage crowd about the Sargasso Sea due to the deep chest honking!!

Take Care

Bob 

• Like 1

Glad that the crossing went well with relatively smooth seas. We were on the 20-day October 7-27 cruise aboard the Nieuw Statendam before the Transatlantic crossing. High seas and high winds prevented us from visiting Monaco, Livorno, and Athens. No replacement port for Livorno so a leisurely 7 knot cruise along the Corsican coast, but substituted Corsica and Crete for the other two. I am wondering if the increased air draft of the Pinnacle class, compared to the Vista and Signature class ships, contributed to this?

Bathrobe Bozos were with us as well! Enjoyed Trivia with Asst. Cruise Director "Nick" in the Billboard Onboard lounge.

Edited by Heartgrove

1 hour ago, bobpell said:

This was our third TA with HAL

Enjoyed all three

I forgot to post that the Bathrobe Bozos were still trolling the Lido restaurant. What part of BATH ROBE did they miss!!

I muse

Bob

If only a steward or officer would send those Bozos back to their stateroom to get dressed for public venues!  Or better yet, line the bathrobe with something that will zap you with an electric current (not deadly - just attention getting) if you cross your stateroom doorway with it.  Prevents theft, and tackiness. 😉 

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Or better yet, line the bathrobe with something that will zap you with an electric current (not deadly - just attention getting) if you cross your stateroom doorway with it.  Prevents theft, and tackiness. 😉 

Sue/WDW1972

Excellent suggestion!

Honestly, do these people go to their neighborhood ihop in their robes? How hard can it be to a) call room service, or b) pull on pants and a tee shirt?

5 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

IOr better yet, line the bathrobe with something that will zap you with an electric current (not deadly - just attention getting) if you cross your stateroom doorway with it.  Prevents theft, and tackiness. 😉 

Sue/WDW1972

What a good idea!

5 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Excellent suggestion!

Honestly, do these people go to their neighborhood ihop in their robes? How hard can it be to a) call room service, or b) pull on pants and a tee shirt?

On my very first cruise, I inadvertently walked through the Lido in my bathrobe looking for the aft hot tubs. I hadn't yet figured out how to use the aft elevators for that. Just sayin'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevingastreich said:

On my very first cruise, I inadvertently walked through the Lido in my bathrobe looking for the aft hot tubs. I hadn't yet figured out how to use the aft elevators for that. Just sayin'

That's what a swimsuit coverup is for - not a bathrobe.  Guys have it easier - throw a t-shirt or shirt on over the swim trunks and you're perfectly presentable going to/from the pool or hot tub.  

Sue/WDW1972

16 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

Why?  

14 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

That's what a swimsuit coverup is for - not a bathrobe.  Guys have it easier - throw a t-shirt or shirt on over the swim trunks and you're perfectly presentable going to/from the pool or hot tub.  

Sue/WDW1972

I agree.  I saw people wearing bathrobes for every reason other than the one it's intended for on the NA.

21 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

Sue/WDW1972

HeHe. Rest assured, the robe covered up everything that need covering up!

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Iris5383 said:

Our favorite part of shipboard life! Why no Crow's Nest Happy Hour?

Yes!   Crow's Next was SRO on our recently completed Maasdam cruise at 4 p.m.   Trivia with happy participants helped fill it up with the fabulous Jocelyn in charge of the bar.

Is OP saying no Happy Hours or not many attending the 4 p.m. Happy Hour?

The pre dinner downing drinks in the crowded Crow's Nest while watching the sun dappled waves and steamy sunsets seemed so serene. We miss those momentous moments!!

Bob

PS...I forgot to mention in my original posting our suite bathroom did not have a night light 

PPS...Nearing two weeks after what I refer to our coughing cruise my wife and I have stopped sucking on Lozenges and put the Kleenex box away!!

On to March, same cabin same ship, can't wait

On 11/11/2019 at 12:20 PM, bobpell said:

This was our third TA with HAL

Enjoyed all three

I forgot to post that the Bathrobe Bozos were still trolling the Lido restaurant. What part of BATH ROBE did they miss!!

I muse

Bob

I wonder if they are related to the woman, who was on my Hawaii Oosterdam Cruise?

Edited by cat shepard

9 hours ago, bobpell said:

The pre dinner downing drinks in the crowded Crow's Nest while watching the sun dappled waves and steamy sunsets seemed so serene. We miss those momentous moments!!

Bob

No doubt! We miss it too! (Just returned from a Noordam trans-Pacific.) Have met lot's of great people sitting around those big round bars.

Edited by Iris5383

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Were there any lectures on sea days, other that port lectures, given by a professional on your TA?

On our NS TA there were two lecturers, Captain Anderson and Tom Goltz.  Some topics were: Macaronesia: Gems of the Atlantic; Prince Henry, the Navigator; The Azores Archipelago; Portugal's 600 year Empire; Communications at Sea (flags); The Building of America; Lighthouses of the Atlantic; Building the American West; Maritime Commerce and the Origins of Globalization;  the Portuguese in Hawaii; the Box that Changed the World; Columbus, Myth and Fact;  Geography and Current Affairs; Spanish Treasure Galleons;  The Sargasso Sea;  Spain and America Go To War.