Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Have you ever noticed that some people are just completely oblivious to the entire world around them? Example: I was at the bar, and this guy walks up. He's leaning over the bar, and just starts coughing his lungs out. I mean over and over, and he's not even making any attempt to cover his mouth. I wanted to drag the guy up and throw him overboard. I guess he's one of those idiots that thinks everyone else's germs: bad. But, my germs: good... This is just one example, but there have been many...

most of the population are fk ah.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

They had some snacks that looked good in the OL, so I got a plate. I was standing there eating, and an employee walked by and said "go ahead and have a seat, you'll be more comfortable" ... I just smiled and declined his offer... Meanwhile, these two were about ten feet away just snoring loudly...

IMG_20191203_133337.thumb.jpg.01c0608562e73def2f9dbf40d1f41e8c.jpg

IMG_20191203_133326.jpg

You should have said something.  Because of you I am now armed with comments for everyone for the 12/15 cruise. Thanks.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

at the preview for encore laser tag they told that you see virtual things at the laser tag, i think you play it with glasses. But now i never read or heard soething about.

Huh. I'm not sure whether to say interesting or weird. I definitely had visions of people wearing VR headsets in my head and knew that wouldn't work. 😂

• Like 1

Your review is awesome!  I'm starting to regret booking on the Encore during spring break though.  Wish I could transfer to a different ship even after final payment.  Lesson learned - never book a new ship until reviews start coming in 😞  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steff79 said:

have you a reservation for go karts and Lasertag? Wonder if it is a normal laser tag or a virtual laser tag? do people play laser tag the wohle day or only in the evenings?

will you go to see choir of man and kinky boots?

great pics, thanks,

I asked him about seeing the "shows".  Sid/Wilson never goes to the Shows, but was hoping I could get him to deviate this time. I thought it would be hilarious to get his uncensored review of Kinky Boots. No luck in my nudging. LOL!  I am sure there will be more reviews to come for Kinky Boots without torturing Sid/Wilson on this run. LOL! 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

I asked him about seeing the "shows".  Sid/Wilson never goes to the Shows, but was hoping I could get him to deviate this time. I thought it would be hilarious to get his uncensored review of Kinky Boots. No luck in my nudging. LOL!  I am sure there will be more reviews to come for Kinky Boots without torturing Sid/Wilson on this run. LOL! 🙂

I saw both shows on the inaugural - they were both excellent in my opinion.

Enjoyed a beer on the stage with the cast of Choir of Men before the show

• Like 1

I think putting in loungers in the Observation Lounge was just asking for trouble.  They should have padded benches with arm rests for just one butt.  They should a lot of CHAIRS not loungers.

It is just human nature to PUT ONE'S FEET UP.  And so nice idea that backfired in my opinion.

Now if you was nice views take the Two70 lounge on the RCI Quantum class ships.  There are not very many places at all to put your feet up.

I think folks with inside rooms feel that they are entitled to lounge since they don't have a balcony.

But really folks, if you want to sleep during the day, stay the heck home.  You are missing the view and you are slobbering all of the pillows and loungers.  Ewwwwww.

• Like 2

I hate bare feet, including my own, HOWEVER.....as another poster already mentioned....when on a cruise, most people are wearing an open type shoe, whether it be flip flops, sandals or some type of slip on shoe. So what is the correct way to put one’s feet and legs on a lounger? With bare feet? Or with shoes on? Personally, I’m not repulsed by sitting on a lounger where someone has had their bare feet before me.  I also usually don’t sit on a lounger without first putting down my beach towel, so my feet aren’t really directly on the lounger. Perhaps in the OL, chairs or benches, where ones feet stay on the floor, would’ve been a better choice rather than chaise loungers.

• Like 9

They had some snacks that looked good in the OL, so I got a plate. I was standing there eating, and an employee walked by and said "go ahead and have a seat, you'll be more comfortable" ... I just smiled and declined his offer... Meanwhile, these two were about ten feet away just snoring loudly...

IMG_20191203_133337.thumb.jpg.01c0608562e73def2f9dbf40d1f41e8c.jpg

You have a beautiful view like that in the OBSERVATION lounge and instead of giving up that seat for someone else to sit and actually OBSERVE that beautiful view, you can’t get up and just go take a nap on your own bed in your own cabin. This also goes for the mother and daughter team sleeping on the couch. Go back to your cabin people, GEEZ. Thank you for the report Sid. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, smplybcause said:

So I've been thinking about the foot problem and I think it mostly comes down to unrealistic expectations given the circumstances. Encore is a ship that's currently sailing around the Caribbean, where even though it's winter days are usually in the 80s (mayyyybe high 70s) and everyone is escaping the cold. The vast majority of the passengers are walking around in flip flops or sandals - ie shoes that you do not wear socks with - yet the expectation is that they wear socks on the furniture. So you're expecting them to have socks even though the majority aren't wearing footwear that requires socks. Expectations =/= reality. And expecting people to carry around socks with them is also unrealistic. 

If they actually want people to wear something covering their feet then it would be much more likely to happen if there were foot coverings to be had in the location - removing the need for passengers to not only carry around something that's only needed in one specific area but also removing the need to remember that.

To be honest it doesn't bother me that much -- do you think people are wearing socks when they're on the furniture in the rooms? Probably bare feet are all over that couch/chair in your cabin. And I would think the bottoms of shoes would be much grosser. 

Lysol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smplybcause said:

So I've been thinking about the foot problem and I think it mostly comes down to unrealistic expectations given the circumstances. Encore is a ship that's currently sailing around the Caribbean, where even though it's winter days are usually in the 80s (mayyyybe high 70s) and everyone is escaping the cold. The vast majority of the passengers are walking around in flip flops or sandals - ie shoes that you do not wear socks with - yet the expectation is that they wear socks on the furniture. So you're expecting them to have socks even though the majority aren't wearing footwear that requires socks. Expectations =/= reality. And expecting people to carry around socks with them is also unrealistic. 

If they actually want people to wear something covering their feet then it would be much more likely to happen if there were foot coverings to be had in the location - removing the need for passengers to not only carry around something that's only needed in one specific area but also removing the need to remember that.

To be honest it doesn't bother me that much -- do you think people are wearing socks when they're on the furniture in the rooms? Probably bare feet are all over that couch/chair in your cabin. And I would think the bottoms of shoes would be much grosser. 

Rules are rules.  Get your uncovered/disgusting feet off the furniture. I am most disgusted by people sleeping/drooling on "pretty" pillows set all around in public spaces.  How sanitary is that?  Another avenue to spread germs? How often do they clean those drool-ridden accessories? Do they clean them in between self-absorbed/drooling passengers? EWW!

JMO 😲

• Like 1

I was up at Vibe, and Rommel started making up a row of shots, and said that he had a special toast for us all... He handed out the shot glasses, and people were gathered around. All the sudden, a guy gets down on one knee and whips out a ring...

Now, this couple (who I've been in Vibe with before on the Escape, Bliss, and now the Encore. And, I always thought they were married) are engaged, and they couldn't think of any better setting than their happy place, with Rommel and the guys up in Vibe...

I asked Rommel if he wanted me to do the next toast, and he just laughed... He still remembers the time on the Escape when we were going around making toasts... When they got to me, I let loose and extremely graphic toast, to say the least... He still talks about it even to this day...

Everything about this post is awesome. They chose the Vibe for this moment, the guests were all included, you remembered the couple from past cruises, and Rommel remembers your toast.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

At the start of this review I was thinking that the ship looked pretty empty in sid’s pictures. Then we started to get the pool deck shots. No thanks. Not appealing at all to me! I would have to do Haven if I sailed this one....

I'm still going to sail on her but I changed my cruise from Bermuda to Canada.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, blarko said:

I hate bare feet, including my own, HOWEVER.....as another poster already mentioned....when on a cruise, most people are wearing an open type shoe, whether it be flip flops, sandals or some type of slip on shoe. So what is the correct way to put one’s feet and legs on a lounger? With bare feet? Or with shoes on? Personally, I’m not repulsed by sitting on a lounger where someone has had their bare feet before me.  I also usually don’t sit on a lounger without first putting down my beach towel, so my feet aren’t really directly on the lounger. Perhaps in the OL, chairs or benches, where ones feet stay on the floor, would’ve been a better choice rather than chaise loungers.

I'm not overly bothered by bare feet being on the loungers. I'm more concerned about seeing all of the bare feet as I'm trying to relax. That is what gives me the heebie jeebies. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Rules are rules.  Get your uncovered/disgusting feet off the furniture. I am most disgusted by people sleeping/drooling on "pretty" pillows set all around in public spaces.  How sanitary is that?  Another avenue to spread germs? How often do they clean those drool-ridden accessories? Do they clean them in between self-absorbed/drooling passengers? EWW!

JMO 😲

So feet-sweat soaked socks are not disgusting. Got it 😉

• Like 1

Well, I made it back on board from my adventure into San Juan... This is a good thing, because at one point, I thought that some locals had drugged us, and were going to harvest our organs... But, back to the beginning... We arrived earlier than expected, and were off the ship and into old San Juan within minutes... We wandered the beautiful streets, which are paved with bricks that look centuries old...

IMG_20191203_160501.thumb.jpg.ce55893a6a342a41b0a4dda67cebc9e2.jpg

IMG_20191203_160504.jpg

• Like 3