Ask and receive Savory Bites 😀

15 hours ago, tamom said:

I asked on our last cruise and they brought a plate of them every night!  I had to tell them I couldn’t eat that many!

That happened to me. I started wanting to put them in my purse to toss later. 

I love the regular rolls, too, and  couldn’t do both. 

16 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

I love savory bites.   Didn't see any on my last cruise--should have asked.......

Same here.  Don't know why they are not standard as part of the bread basket.  I loved when the asst. waiter brought the many varieties of breads to choose.

Have been eating them for years, don't know why but I really like them. That being said I requested them on Brillance transatlantic last month and they were a different animal. What they brought were not the old savory bites, but some cheap knock off. They had sesame seeds on them and not poppy seeds, also made out of a different dough. Not the same after a couple nite told waiter never mind, he tried though.

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

My wife loves them!  She'd be in hog heaven with a plate that full. Me?  Give me a sourdough roll any day and let me soak up the garlic butter from the Escargot!  

Marinara sauce..... yummmmmmmm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

No bread for nine months? Just shoot me now. 😲

Well I take that back.  I cheated last Sunday and ate three pieces of thin crust pizza.      First "bread" I have had in 9 months

Edited by ryano

8 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

That's the way I feel about the roast beef sandwiches everyone goes nuts over.  What"s the big deal?  Not that great.

I get double meat and horseradish sauce and sit on the balcony and am in heaven. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nelblu said:

Same here.  Don't know why they are not standard as part of the bread basket.  I loved when the asst. waiter brought the many varieties of breads to choose.

They used to be standard. That way you could eat a couple and then a sunflower seed roll. 

22 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

My wife loves them!  She'd be in hog heaven with a plate that full. Me?  Give me a sourdough roll any day and let me soak up the garlic butter from the Escargot!  

Try the savory bites with the escargot butter.  Great.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Mass of poppy seeds with a little bread in the middle.  Nothing special but wildly popular in the cruise critic world.

Your opinion.  I'd much rather have a couple of savory bites than one of the big, bready rolls in the bread basket.

23 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

That's the way I feel about the roast beef sandwiches everyone goes nuts over.  What"s the big deal?  Not that great.

for me, it reminds me of home and I just can't get anything decent down here anywhere.   as for savory bites, we prefer the sourdough rolls.  or the onion 

I thought it looked like a plate of burnt roasted potatoes. Oops! [emoji15]
Well roasted potatoes was my first thought as well, and actually sound more so appetizing than anything with poppy seeds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 12/6/2019 at 8:54 AM, papaflamingo said:

Isn’t that what the sourdough rolls are made for?  😂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, spookwife said:

poor mans Beef on Weck.

get the horseradish sauce and the  au jus.  

Next week is my first cruise on Royal and I'm so looking forward to a beef on weck. Cant get one anywhere near where I live. One of the foods I miss the most from Buffalo.

Edited by chillyw

7 hours ago, chillyw said:

Next week is my first cruise on Royal and I'm so looking forward to a beef on weck. Cant get one anywhere near where I live. One of the foods I miss the most from Buffalo.

it'll give you nostalgia, but if you are used to the real thing it won't be  life changing.  sometimes the roll isn't quite right.