Diamond Perk Question

So my husband and i just turned Diamond and although i understand all the perks one thing is unclear and was not answered by Royal crown and anchor as well. There is a chef amenity that was supposed to be delivered but we did not receive anything but the welcome cookies and drinks. Can someone explain if we were suppose to get that? Thanks

Just now, redheadspitfire said:

So my husband and i just turned Diamond and although i understand all the perks one thing is unclear and was not answered by Royal crown and anchor as well. There is a chef amenity that was supposed to be delivered but we did not receive anything but the welcome cookies and drinks. Can someone explain if we were suppose to get that? Thanks

It seems to be hit and miss, but that perk is normally something like chocolate covered strawberries, cheese plate, etc.

Most times I see it, it's on the afternoon of formal night.

• Like 1

Yeah hit or miss.  Either way it's not usually anything special.  Occasionally chocolate covered strawberries, but more likely the cookies were your "special amenity" :classic_tongue:

Best Diamond benefits are the balcony discount (sometimes), drinks and lounge.  24 hour internet is nice too.  The rest is all pretty minor stuff (cookies water and coupons).

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, redheadspitfire said:

As a new diamond member cookies and beverage of choice is it.  You need to make your selection pre cruise by calling the C&A desk at 1-800-526-9723. Here are your choices of beverages. 

(Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members) can choose water, soda or juice. • Bottle of Water • Can of Coke or Diet Coke • Can of Sprite or Diet Sprite • Bottle of apple juice, orange juice, or grapefruit juice 

Diamond plus with 175+ points has more choices for drinks and snacks. 

Edited by davekathy

23 minutes ago, redheadspitfire said:

When did you turn Diamond? On your most recent cruise? Technically, you don't turn Diamond until after the cruise is completed.

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

As a new diamond member cookies and beverage of choice is it.  You need to make your selection pre cruise by calling the C&A desk at 1-800-526-9723. Here are your choices of beverages. 

(Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members) can choose water, soda or juice. • Bottle of Water • Can of Coke or Diet Coke • Can of Sprite or Diet Sprite • Bottle of apple juice, orange juice, or grapefruit juice 

Diamond plus with 175+ points has more choices for drinks and snacks. 

When visiting the lounge ask for a can of soda "to go" - don't waste it as a choice to the room

We used to bring some on the ship but started asking for this to go and keep a few in the fridge to use during the cruise

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KittenDad said:

When visiting the lounge ask for a can of soda "to go" - don't waste it as a choice to the room

We used to bring some on the ship but started asking for this to go and keep a few in the fridge to use during the cruise

We get beer and water as our C&A welcome aboard gifts. We don't drink soda.

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Mike, I always do and my wife's as she doesn't drink beer. 😉 However she has advised me when we hit the 175+ mark it's wine and no sharing. 😲

I guess you'll just have to enjoy it while you can.....

The wine is the better deal anyway, and I'm certain she deserves it!

• Like 1

We recently turned Diamond and on our last cruise a month ago, we received cookies and water in our cabin. I too was curious about this Chef Choice Amenity. We figured since it was only a 3 day cruise on a smaller ship maybe it didn't apply. A few perks on the bigger ships "do not" apply to smaller ones...BUMMER...I will see on our Harmony 7 day cruise coming up if there is any truth to my guess.

Bob, you always have the answers to my questions...what say ye on this one 😍 Also Bob, while I have your attention now that one is Diamond, can you go back and apply the new balcony discount to the current reservation OR do you have to wait to book a new one.

THANKS!!!!

10 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I guess you'll just have to enjoy it while you can.....

The wine is the better deal anyway, and I'm certain she deserves it!

Used to be a little bottle of wine was an alternate to beer

11 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

We recently turned Diamond and on our last cruise a month ago, we received cookies and water in our cabin. I too was curious about this Chef Choice Amenity. We figured since it was only a 3 day cruise on a smaller ship maybe it didn't apply. A few perks on the bigger ships "do not" apply to smaller ones...BUMMER...I will see on our Harmony 7 day cruise coming up if there is any truth to my guess.

Bob, you always have the answers to my questions...what say ye on this one 😍 Also Bob, while I have your attention now that one is Diamond, can you go back and apply the new balcony discount to the current reservation OR do you have to wait to book a new one.

THANKS!!!!

You can have the balcony discount added, but they will also reprice the cruise to current rates.

• Like 1

Just now, Host Clarea said:

You can have the balcony discount added, but they will also reprice the cruise to current rates.

THANKS AGAIN BOB!!! That will be a big no for me. I am about to make final payment and don't need any new surprises. I will just wait and try it out on our next booking.