Constellation disappeared?

mitz18

Booked on Connie for Sept 2020.  Today X's website shows no (zero) sailings for her from April 2020 to April 2021?   Checked my account on line and voyage still shows.   One hopes it's just the normal website issues/problems, but strange all the Connie voyages for a year are gone.......

Does anyone know why no Constellation sailings are showing between Apr 2020 and Apr 2021?

We have a sailing booked for Sept 2020 and this has now dropped off my planner...

Hopefully this is just a blip on the Celebrity website?

Edited by rachiem

2 minutes ago, rachiem said:

PS, I'm in the UK, so it's the UK site too

Sorry, beat you by 1 minute.  I'm reaching out to X to see what I can find.  Hopefully someone in the IT department just pushed the wrong button.

Just now, mitz18 said:

Sorry, beat you by 1 minute.  I'm reaching out to X to see what I can find.  Hopefully someone in the IT department just pushed the wrong button.

I really hope so, as we have all our excursions, flights and hotels booked in Venice and Verona, all non-refundable.

The rep does not know but says he thinks they are working on it.  Then asked me if I wanted to book a cruise on the Constellation.  I said, how can I book something I cannot see?   He said "I understand".  Lovely.   I'm going with the presumption that someone hit the "delete" button instead of the "post" button for all Connie voyages.   Will check back later with fingers crossed. 

Our October transatlantic into Tampa is still showing on my planner, but it's not searchable on the Celebrity website as a cruise that's bookable.    I was just starting to think about flights over, but I think now I'll hold off for a week or so.

Not sure why OP and I aren't seeing anything for the Connie  and some are..  We are booked for Jan 2021 Touch the Canal and I am not  seeing it.  Looked for the March Touch the Canal & I don't see it either.

The Connie is due to go in for revolutionizing in April, 2020 and to start cruises on 5/24/20.

Maybe they are adjusting the schedule for the revolution and until that timing is set they pulled all cruises.

We were booked on the last cruise before the Eclipse was scheduled to go in for the updating and a couple of months ago X moved the revolution for the Eclipse from Nov 2020 to March 2021.  Maybe something similar is going on with the Connie.

21 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Not sure why OP and I aren't seeing anything for the Connie  and some are..  We are booked for Jan 2021 Touch the Canal and I am not  seeing it.  Looked for the March Touch the Canal & I don't see it either.

The Connie is due to go in for revolutionizing in April, 2020 and to start cruises on 5/24/20.

Maybe they are adjusting the schedule for the revolution and until that timing is set they pulled all cruises.

We were booked on the last cruise before the Eclipse was scheduled to go in for the updating and a couple of months ago X moved the revolution for the Eclipse from Nov 2020 to March 2021.  Maybe something similar is going on with the Connie.

Is your cruise listed in your Planner after you sign in?  I think everybody that's booked can probably still see their cruises on the Planner, but if you exit the planner and just try to search nothing shows up from about April '20 to April '21.  I check individual cruises I'm booked on searching by ship, by date, by departure city - Nothing.  Hopefully it's just a computer glitch, but it may well be something like what you said happened to you with Eclipse.  Time will tell I guess.

It’s always a bad sign when a sailing disappears as it’s usually a charter, but I have never seen a ship disappear for many months. Hoping it’s just an IT error that will be fixed soon. 

Can’t imagine they would be changing her itineraries around with less than a years notice. 

I wonder when they will let them go? Its only a matter of time with the 18 new ships on order between their lines. 

Average life span of 30 years, so after 20, its time to sell while it still has some value.

Hopefully this does not happen but I won't book an older ship too far out.  Hopefully they would not leave people out in the cold!

Anyone want to buy it?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2002/cruise-ship-2038-passengers--stock-no-s2348-3016926/

Yep, an entire year is gone!

We're booked for a Dec 2020 holiday cruise and I booked for 2 reasons:

1) Great Sky Suite launch prices when they moved to Tampa and released that new schedule

2) It was going to be revolutionized for the improved suite experience earlier in 2020.

Even if our cruise dates and itinerary don't change, if the dry dock changes to be after Dec 2020, I'll be raising a stink with X to get our non-refundable deposit back in full. That's not the suite experience we booked.

Annotation 2019-12-11 174220.png

• Like 1

We are booked  out of Tampa for  Jan 2021. ( great suite price) They just re did the Connie  itins  making Tampa a homeport so it wpuld be strange for them to re-do them again.

I always wonder why the reps are not  properly informed so they can answer customers who see website changes,!

Summit sailings are a bit different.  They were supposed to come out last week for winter 2021-2022 season.  The were out for a couple of hours then pulled back.    The Connie sailings that are missing had been selling to the public for months before going missing today.