Constellation disappeared?

mitz18

1 hour ago, rucrazy said:

Currently while it shows we have a booking it will not bring up the booking .. so IT must be doing something! 🙂

Hope they are getting it right!

We have quite awhile before our cruise but it is unsettling to have them monkey around with our booking.

• Like 1

I have booked a cruise with Constellation from Venice to Barcelona, in August next year, and also with flights and hotels booked - all non-refundable.

Like many others, I am concerned about why all Constellation sailings between April 16, 2020 and May 4, 2021 now are removed from X’s website.

After contacting Celebrity today about the matter, I received the following «cryptic» email response:

«The reason is that Celebrity is currently working on optimizing itineraries».

Based on the information I received, I must say that I no longer feel 100 % confident that my cruise for August next year, will go as planned.

58 minutes ago, jakob71 said:

I have booked a cruise with Constellation from Venice to Barcelona, in August next year, and also with flights and hotels booked - all non-refundable.

Like many others, I am concerned about why all Constellation sailings between April 16, 2020 and May 4, 2021 now are removed from X’s website.

After contacting Celebrity today about the matter, I received the following «cryptic» email response:

Based on the information I received, I must say that I no longer feel 100 % confident that my cruise for August next year, will go as planned.

was that quote directly from X or from your TA?

On 12/11/2019 at 11:53 AM, rachiem said:

haha...you pipped my topic at the post by a couple of minutes...I've noticed this too??!!

Rachiem - our little thread took off.  At least we are not the only ones.....misery loves company.

Good luck to us all

• Haha 1

Check your cruise planner!! We are on the  October 22 2020 sailing. I checked our cruise planner now and see that the cabin we booked onboard over a year ago has been changed  to Guaranty  veranda !! I just spoke to a rep who told me all cabin assignments are being  reviewed because of the refurbishment as some cabins will change from 4 to 2 people etc and that cabins should be reassigned in a week or two and other changes of the ship may take longer.....

1 hour ago, chuly said:

Check your cruise planner!! We are on the  October 22 2020 sailing. I checked our cruise planner now and see that the cabin we booked onboard over a year ago has been changed  to Guaranty  veranda !! I just spoke to a rep who told me all cabin assignments are being  reviewed because of the refurbishment as some cabins will change from 4 to 2 people etc and that cabins should be reassigned in a week or two and other changes of the ship may take longer.....

Exactly what I was told for our 15FEB21 Tampa sailing. We have an S2 booked and it's now a GTY. 

1 hour ago, chuly said:

14 hours ago, jakob71 said:

We may be on the same cruise 27th August? when I looked yesterday our stateroom was still showing but the actual cruise wasn’t available on X’s website, but some other Connie cruises were, which is different to what others have reported, I wonder what’s really going on?

For Constellation, they already changed the itins when they cancelled dubai(?) cruises and have the ship  home porting in Tampa for cruise season.  I think it's more about the room configuration/capacity. Just a guess.

We are booked for  Jan 2021...so not a priority for X..They must  have to deal with the upcoming 2020 cruises first.

What is the current Connie Schedule? 

On 12/12/2019 at 4:24 PM, Mr. Click said:

We are booked in a C2, Rome to Venice Oct 2 2020. Had an assigned cabin, now it says GTY so it is time to wait and see. Glad we have not booked the airfare yet so we can be flexible.

I called yesterday. The rep had no idea why they said Guarantee.   He re assigned us back to our original stateroom.  

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I've had Celebrity "monkeying around" with booking 3 times and all 3 cruises were eventually cancelled.  😥

this seems to be affecting all cruises over a years period so hopefully it’s not the case this time ..I think it’s related to deck plan changes that could impact cabin assignments.  I am concerned only because when they switched to GTY it removed the Accessible flag for our cabin...I don’t mind being moved if that’s the case, but hopefully they get it all reinstated correctly.  

My cruises are b2b on two dates next year I booked early and managed to get the same cabin so things would be easier on changeover day, so hope this doesn’t change. Would be terrible if they cancelled any I’ve booked all my flights and they would be non refundable 

2 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

We may be on the same cruise 27th August? when I looked yesterday our stateroom was still showing but the actual cruise wasn’t available on X’s website, but some other Connie cruises were, which is different to what others have reported, I wonder what’s really going on?

2 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

Yes, we are four family members, who have booked the 9-night cruise with Constellation from Venice on August 27 next year.

"One of the things I wonder" if might be one of the reasons "that is happening around Constellation now", is whether there are problems with Venice as a port of departure and arrival port?

From what I've read before, there are strong wishes from many in Venice to limit cruise ship calls to the city.

I really hope we can get a clarification from Celebrity soon!

(With our last cruise with Summit earlier this year from San Juan, our original departure date was canceled by Celebrity. Fortunately, we had not booked either flights or hotels at that time).

37 minutes ago, jakob71 said:

Yes, we are four family members, who have booked the 9-night cruise with Constellation from Venice on August 27 next year.

"One of the things I wonder" if might be one of the reasons "that is happening around Constellation now", is whether there are problems with Venice as a port of departure and arrival port?

From what I've read before, there are strong wishes from many in Venice to limit cruise ship calls to the city.

I really hope we can get a clarification from Celebrity soon!

(With our last cruise with Summit earlier this year from San Juan, our original departure date was canceled by Celebrity. Fortunately, we had not booked either flights or hotels at that time).

So, they may change the port where the cruise starts? that would tie in with what they said in the email they sent you! We were considering flying in a day early, glad we haven’t arranged anything as yet 

5 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

So, they may change the port where the cruise starts? that would tie in with what they said in the email they sent you! We were considering flying in a day early, glad we haven’t arranged anything as yet 

If that were the case, I'd have thought they'd have pulled the following year from sale too?

I hope not as we have flights to Verona and out of Venice, with 5 hotel night stays either side..

8 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I've had Celebrity "monkeying around" with booking 3 times and all 3 cruises were eventually cancelled.  😥

I'm sorry, I mis-spoke.  During my investigation of my 3 cruises, I learned that Celebrity does not cancel cruises, instead the ships are "re-deployed."  😉

• Haha 2

Interesting that there is a big hole in the Constellation schedule online and then it reappears in 2021.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-search?ship=CS

I'm on the Sept 24, 2020 cruise with confirmed non-cancellable flights. Plan 2 I guess will be a land trip beginning in Venice. Will be disappointed but will have an enjoyable vacation regardless. 

13 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Interesting that there is a big hole in the Constellation schedule online and then it reappears in 2021.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-search?ship=CS

I'm on the Sept 24, 2020 cruise with confirmed non-cancellable flights. Plan 2 I guess will be a land trip beginning in Venice. Will be disappointed but will have an enjoyable vacation regardless. 

Same sailing as us...

We are flying into Verona for a couple of days...cruise...then 3 days on the lido.

I book thru the cruise line that said I just went to AMEX travel to search for our cruise in 12/23/20 out of tampa..the result showed our cruise but when I went to see availability i was given the response: REGRETTABLY, THIS HIGHLY-COVETED CRUISE HAS ALREADY BEEN SOLD OUT.

I am suspect...since all the connie cruises i looked at gave me the same response.

Joseph 

Edited by rucrazy

The Millennium class ships were built with far more 3rd/4th/5th berth installed than there is actual lifeboat capacity  Part of the "Revolution" is aligning the number of 3rd + berths to match actual lifeboat capacity and many rooms currently booked with more than 2 guests will have to be moved.  It's possible that the newest itineraries released already reflected the occupancy changes on the Connie, so they are just putting a stop sell on the ones that were previously bookable, and while working on moving triples/quad/quints putting all other rooms into GTY status as a temporary measure.  If they have to move your room they should contact you with a proposed new room # and if you are unhappy they should allow you to select an alternate room in the same category.

Additionally, in the near future Celebrity will be doing a fleetwide re-categorization creating new letter/number codes that will be specific to occupancy, much like Royal did a few years ago and any rooms for triple or higher will have a different code than double only.  The rooms for more than two guests will ONLY be bookable if you have 3 or more, just as is the case on Royal.  The higher occupancy rooms may then open at later dates for doubles if they need to, but initially this may make some "preferred" rooms by many cruisers unavailable to book (angled hump balcony's that are triples/quad on Solstice Class for example)

NCL is doing something similar with their ships, which again have far more 3rd/4th/5th berths installed than actual lifeboat capacity.  not sure if this is being mandated by safety regs or if it's just the cruise lines trying to maximize profit ........

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72