Constellation disappeared?

mitz18

We are booked on the April 19th, 2021 Transatlantic in Sky Suite 6131 and the same here: Since this morning it shows Sky Suite Guarantee instead of our reserved cabin number. I called Celebrity Germany but they didn't know either what is going on there and sent an inquiry to Celebrity in the US. No answer so far....

Edited by Chrissi3010

Our January 2021 is still showing as Aqua Guarantee. 

I figure they will work through the cruises beginning with the ones that have the earlies sail date.  Since we are 13 months away plenty of time before we make any travel plans.

Slightly different question on Constellation. We are on the Dec 2 2020 cruise... which, according to the itinerary... stops in the Dominican Republic. However, when I go to excursions...nothing shows up for the DR. Now I reached out to Celebrity and so far they have no information. So for the moment I am assuming that we are still going there but that since they don't go there very often they are still lining up excursions. Wondering if anyone has heard anything else about this..

45 minutes ago, marieps said:

Did Millie and Summit passengers go through this when they was revolutionized?    What's so special about Connie?  We're also sailing on Silly only 2 months after refurbishment.  No issue there.  Insights?

Great question. I was wondering the same thing. 

I do know some Summit passengers were displaced when their cabins no longer supported 3 or 4 passengers.  They didn't close down an entire season of sailings or push everyone to GTY.

There was another case where some of the new cabins were added as A1.  After a couple of months with all the complaints about them being much smaller cabins and noise due to the proximity to the Sky Lounge they were reclassified to 2C.  People previously booked in those cabins were pushed to Aqua GTY and eventually assigned cabins on deck 9.

2 hours ago, kearney said:

Slightly different question on Constellation. We are on the Dec 2 2020 cruise... which, according to the itinerary... stops in the Dominican Republic. However, when I go to excursions...nothing shows up for the DR. Now I reached out to Celebrity and so far they have no information. So for the moment I am assuming that we are still going there but that since they don't go there very often they are still lining up excursions. Wondering if anyone has heard anything else about this..

I would not be concerned about this. I am assuming the port Is Puerto Plata. Booked on Empress of the Seas in November 2020 and Royal does not have excursion information for our call there either. A new port for Celebrity and Royal I believe.

Thinking out loud here - maybe worth watching when the Connie voyages return to the website.  They have been basically un-bookable for over a week now, so maybe they will be on sale w/reduced prices to gain some action once they are back on-line.  Who knows, but can't hurt.

My TA escalated this via his sales support leads.  This is what he got back

Please let your clients know that everything is ok, it is a glitch in the system it has been fix and we are working on 56,000 reservations that where moved to GTY but he will get his staterooms.

It went on to say that as of the weekend they had restored ~ 28,000.  

I guess that's why they had to close bookings to be able to straighten out this mess.  Another reason I'd fire their IT people.  I know I would have had my feet held to the fire for something like this.

• Thanks 1

Assuming this is good info (and it sounds very feasible) restoring 56000 reservations one at a time is a huge job.....It would be reassuring to hear from someone who had their reservation changed to guaranteed and then back to their original cabin....,

37 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Assuming this is good info (and it sounds very feasible) restoring 56000 reservations one at a time is a huge job.....It would be reassuring to hear from someone who had their reservation changed to guaranteed and then back to their original cabin....,

Check back to comment #156 in this thread. I had already reported back that my cabin number was changed to guarantee and is now correctly listing the cabin I had chosen. My cruise is one of the earliest affected (second sailing after refurb) so it would make sense that Celebrity would start with the earliest sailings and work forward in time.

Hopefully all will be restored soon, but 56,000 reservations affected is a lot to correct, so I am sure it will take some time.

On 12/18/2019 at 1:13 AM, villauk said:

Not surprised as they are some of the best balconies on the ship. I take it that all those guests currently booked in those old FVs will be moved. Glad we were able to sail in them when we could on previous cruises.

This seems to be a change. Millennium and Summit still show the traditional FV’s.

10 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

Check back to comment #156 in this thread. I had already reported back that my cabin number was changed to guarantee and is now correctly listing the cabin I had chosen. My cruise is one of the earliest affected (second sailing after refurb) so it would make sense that Celebrity would start with the earliest sailings and work forward in time.

Hopefully all will be restored soon, but 56,000 reservations affected is a lot to correct, so I am sure it will take some time.

I’m on the first sailing after the Revolution ( May 26-June 4) and my sailing still shows guarantee.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

My TA escalated this via his sales support leads.  This is what he got back

Please let your clients know that everything is ok, it is a glitch in the system it has been fix and we are working on 56,000 reservations that where moved to GTY but he will get his staterooms.

It went on to say that as of the weekend they had restored ~ 28,000.  

I guess that's why they had to close bookings to be able to straighten out this mess.  Another reason I'd fire their IT people.  I know I would have had my feet held to the fire for something like this.

If true, that  fact that this was not announced earlier is  a sad commentary on X as a company.

Just tell folks and reps what is happening but  it seems they are always silent while their customers dangle!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserMickey said:

CruiserMickey -- we are on the same June 4th cruise as you.  We have 4 Aqua Class cabins (which can only accommodate 2 people) and all still say "Aqua Class Guarantee".  I sent a note to my TA this morning to make sure we still have the same cabins.

35 minutes ago, mfabz said:

CruiserMickey -- we are on the same June 4th cruise as you.  We have 4 Aqua Class cabins (which can only accommodate 2 people) and all still say "Aqua Class Guarantee".  I sent a note to my TA this morning to make sure we still have the same cabins.

@mfabz I hope you hear back soon! 

2 hours ago, tromvest said:

I’m on the first sailing after the Revolution ( May 26-June 4) and my sailing still shows guarantee.

@tromvest and @mfabz...just curious...did you book directly with Celebrity, or did you use a TA? I booked with Celebrity and contacted my vacation planner via email to inquire about the guarantee issue. I was sent new invoices with the cabin number confirmation on Wednesday (for reference).

Hopefully everything will be sorted out soon. It certainly is frustrating!

4 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

@tromvest and @mfabz...just curious...did you book directly with Celebrity, or did you use a TA? I booked with Celebrity and contacted my vacation planner via email to inquire about the guarantee issue. I was sent new invoices with the cabin number confirmation on Wednesday (for reference).

CruiseMickey:

I booked with a travel agent.  I contacted him and he said he is looking into it.  He happens to be on a cruise right now himself so I'm not sure when he will find out anything.  I'm glad you could get confirmation from your travel planner.  There are advantages to booking direct that's for sure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

We booked through a travel agent.  Still waiting to hear from them.  Will advise when we hear.

• Like 1