Constellation disappeared?

mitz18

So, one & a half (+/-) weeks since I started this thread - I just went to the X website and did a search for voyages for the Connie and this is what I got.   I think the IT team has either given up, or gone on the Christmas holiday - still NOTHING between April 2020 and April 2021.  😵

connie.PNG.02b6b0936616f5c0747e4161aff47e18.PNG

I noted the same. I did additional research. Apparently there was a demonstration in Venice by 2000 a few weeks ago regarding cruise ships in the city. 
https://amp.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/venice-residents-protest-cruise-ships-flooding-concerns?source=dam

Celebrity dropping the publishing of future cruises is a broader and curious issue. You can’t sell them if they can’t be found. In the meantime I have stopped planning as it might turn into a driving trip for us. 

Celebrity got a lot of free press here in Tampa when it was announced they were returning after almost a decade of no cruises from here. Zenith and Horizon were the last ships to sail from here. The new sailings are not bookable now and many like me who booked when sailings became available are now wondering why they have been downgraded to guarantee status. Not a nice welcome back to Tampa for X.

8 hours ago, coaster said:

Celebrity got a lot of free press here in Tampa when it was announced they were returning after almost a decade of no cruises from here. Zenith and Horizon were the last ships to sail from here. The new sailings are not bookable now and many like me who booked when sailings became available are now wondering why they have been downgraded to guarantee status. Not a nice welcome back to Tampa for X.

I too want to book from Tampa -  but this surely makes it difficult when Connie is to arrive 11 months from now.  Unsettled

As I posted before my TA seemed to get an honest answer from his sales channel that the issue is there was an issue where 56,000 reservations were moved to GTY and they are now in the process of moving them back to the original cabins.  Status after last weekend is they were about 1/2 way there.   This story seems credible to me given that many of us are seeing our cabins restored.  Myself I'm at 2 of 3 sailings are restored.  It would also make sense that they would keep bookings closed until they get this done as to not get cabins double booked.

I'm sure this happened when they were trying to just move FV to GTY as they are changing them to Sunset Suites and those people will have to be dealt with, and some messed up and did it globally.

This situation is still very unsettling. We are booked on the Oct 22, 2020 sailing.  My reservation is now showing the cabin  I reserved. But why doesn't the cruise even show up on the Celebrity website?  And most puzzling, why am I able to book a cabin on this sailing on other websites, such as the big box store and another on line agent I use occasionally? We have some friends that would like to join us on this cruise who haven't booked yet.  I hesitate to tell them to book on one of these other sites, when the cruise does not show up on Celebrity's site.  I'm actually thinking of cancelling (I fortunately have a refundable deposit) and looking for something else for the 4 of us.  

59 minutes ago, hcat said:

Could this  really be just a big  IT glitch!

Scary and costly to some cruisers!

I don't think it was an "IT glitch".  See my post 234 above.  It was most probably human error.  I don't see how it cost anybody anything. 

As to being able to book on other TA sites don't believe it.  They may show but I'm real sure they won't be able take any bookings.

From what I saw this week I suspect it will take at least another week before they open bookings again since it's the holiday week.  Actually something good may come of this as having bookings closed for this period of time they are probably behind on bookings on some cruises and may drop pricing.  I plan on checking things as soon as it opens back up.

I'm not trying to defend Celebrity here, they certainly should be more forthcoming with information.   They do have my email and have no trouble sending me multiple marketing emails per day.  They could have sent me a quick email explaining the situation and updates on progress.

Here is the actual text of the email my TA got from his inquiry early last week.

" Just to update everyone, IT is progressing with the CS booking movement to GTYs. Nearly 28,000 bookings have been moved thus far and a few thousand are pending. Allocated groups and high occupancy bookings are the main areas pending GTY movement. As the GTY process continues over the weekend the occupancy of the room is now being updated for the impacted period (May 2020- April 2021).

As a reminder please do not make any new bookings or override the sailing closed status to berth any booking back into a cabin. I will send another update on Monday on the progress. There is likely going to be some bookings that will need manual intervention and I will get count of those booking then. "

On 12/20/2019 at 6:54 PM, Mr. Click said:

Just checked our October 3,2020 sailing, still GTY and Flights by Celebrity can't find any flights for the days I want to travel...

You’re on board with me, in theory anyway! Our cabin is still showing GTY too. I’ve tried to make a ‘fake booking’ through the U.K. site but nothing is available. Celebrity has got me really p’d off at the minute! 

1 hour ago, SunSandSea said:

We,also,are booked on CS for Nov 21, 2020.   Didn’t know about all this mixup??

Will check with TA tomorrow.    Maybe we can snag an upgrade?  Why not try?  

Was you reservation downgraded to guarantee?

We are booked for November 21st and our reservation shows Veranda Stateroom Guarantee.  We had no idea there were any changes made until I read it on this board. This is our first Celebrity cruise and they did not give us any update on the issue with our reservation. I do hope that we can get the same cabin # on our reservation.