My time dining.

rdsxgrl28

So I searched but couldn’t find a thread to explain it. We usually do the 8pm dinner seating but since we booked so close to our sail we are locked out/wait listed. 

So so could someone explain how my time works. Do we do a weeks worth on 1st day? Do we get choice of table size? Husband likes larger table with people. 

Any help appreciated 

We cruised last January and the 8pm time was full so we had to do the my time. You can go in your portal online in advance and sign up for individual times for each night if you want to reserve in advance. Or you can just show up for dinner whenever you want to and wait in line and eat whenever you want to. 

24 minutes ago, rdsxgrl28 said:

So I searched but couldn’t find a thread to explain it. We usually do the 8pm dinner seating but since we booked so close to our sail we are locked out/wait listed. 

So so could someone explain how my time works. Do we do a weeks worth on 1st day? Do we get choice of table size? Husband likes larger table with people. 

Any help appreciated 

lots of flexibility is built in.  you can show up at your preferred time with zero reservation and ask to be seated at a larger table, or by yourself.  

you can make reservations..either all at once or daily but as a general rule the default there will be a table by yourself.  

However many tables for four, six and eight people - just ask for a shared table. Book as soon as possible the first day.

I really like the flexibility of My Time Dining - normally I do book the same time every night - cannot guarantee a specific table. When necessary I do change the time.

Edited by hallasm
Spelling

4 hours ago, rdsxgrl28 said:

Any help appreciated 

You can make reservations or show up when you want. Reservations will help you get in quicker. You will normally be given a 2-top. Today, many people don't want to have to eat with others any longer (old school cursing). They prefer going to a restaurant when they want. They want to take as long as they want (don't want to be held by that one person who incessantly talks and slows down the service). There are cruise lines like NCL that only offer MTD. 

Edited by BirdTravels

My Time defaults to a table for 2. If you ask for a large table you will wait off to the side as they try to put a group together that all walk in together. I would guess 95% of those on my time want to eat with their own group. I, like your, husband much prefer a large table. We only do my time if we have many reservations for specialty dining, I feel it is very rude to not show up at a large table for most of the cruise. 

You will NOT be seated with others in MTD.....you're seated with only your own party...like land-based restaurants.  When you board, go to the dining room around 2pm, and tell them you want LATE seating at a LARGE table.  They'll make it happen.

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

You will NOT be seated with others in MTD.....you're seated with only your own party...like land-based restaurants

I’m on Jewel right now - I have been ask several times if I want to share a table despite a reservation of table for two. 

3 hours ago, hallasm said:

I’m on Jewel right now - I have been ask several times if I want to share a table despite a reservation of table for two. 

We have been asked the same question. There have been times when we said we only wanted a table for two,  and times where we were happy to share. Whichever answer we gave was always what we got. 

5 hours ago, cb at sea said:

You will NOT be seated with others in MTD.....you're seated with only your own party...like land-based restaurants.  When you board, go to the dining room around 2pm, and tell them you want LATE seating at a LARGE table.  They'll make it happen.

Bull twinkies.  You can ALWAYS be seated with others if you so desire.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, rdsxgrl28 said:

Any help appreciated 

You don't provide any details on exactly how close you are to sailing or how you found out you cannot book the 8:00 seating.   Have you tried having your TA call the dining people at the corporate office?   Often they can have you clear the waitlist while you're on the phone.  If you booked on-line call the Crown and Anchor people and have them check for you. 

Good Luck

11 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

You don't provide any details on exactly how close you are to sailing or how you found out you cannot book the 8:00 seating.   Have you tried having your TA call the dining people at the corporate office?   Often they can have you clear the waitlist while you're on the phone.  If you booked on-line call the Crown and Anchor people and have them check for you. 

Good Luck

Ok.  We don’t sale till May 3 so I know there’s plenty of time we didn’t book through TA we booked through Royal. I am figuring we probably will get our time at 8 PM but just didn’t understand my time dining wanted a little explanation 

8 PM was locked out on the reservation so we waitlisted 

Edited by rdsxgrl28

I can only say from my experience as a first time RCI cruiser , that I requested 8pm traditional dining when I booked. That showed as waitlisted until I made final payment then the set sail pass on the app showed 8pm traditional confirmed. Cheers, Buzz.

Always show up for MTD when you think you want to eat.  Choices are together or a group.  Can always eat with her but have made great life long cruise friends joining a group.  Only have 104 cruise under our belt, but 5,6, and seven booked!

36 minutes ago, rdsxgrl28 said:

Ok.  We don’t sale till May 3 so I know there’s plenty of time we didn’t book through TA we booked through Royal. I am figuring we probably will get our time at 8 PM but just didn’t understand my time dining wanted a little explanation 

8 PM was locked out on the reservation so we waitlisted 

Maybe you'll clear the waitlist but if it were me and I wanted 8 pm dining, I would call the Crown and Anchor Society Rep and ask them to try and get it for me.  Call during regular business hours (East Coast Time)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 7:02 PM, biomedbob said:

If you never missed some sort of feed bucket on a cruise I think you are good.  If you can't find food.....that's entirely on you!

Umm HUH?   I asked a simple question why the remark about a "feed bucket"?   Very hostile.  Sorry if our style of dining they way we want upsets that much. 

We like to be social - not a crime. 

Edited by rdsxgrl28
misspell