What happened to Resident / Senior Rates

TommyD3

Celebrity web site no longer has the option of searching for resident or senior rates.

Used to be a "Filter By" option just like "Ships".

In the past we have saved hundreds of dollars per person per cruise with the Florida resident rate!

Has Celebrity eliminated this discount?

Every time I try to book a resident or senior rate. I always get no extra discounts. Even the codes that they sending me, example: ccfall2019 never applies.

I find it hard to believe that they can't apply the discount or $100 OBC to $5200.00 sailing. 

Why keep sending me an email with the code, if it never works!

I guess captains club codes aren't worth anything.

Sorry for the vent!

Odd because ever since Celebrity changed their price structure to include a non refundable deposit  if you opt out of the package price I get nothing but solicitation of resident rates and senior rates for cruises that are past or close to final payment. It may be the same rate as the no package rate and since it's close to final payment a non refundable deposit wouldn't matter. All I know is I get a lot of Celebrity emails and very few from Royal Caribbean and Princess which neither offer a senior or resident rate.

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Will  Celebrity  take the new Real ID as Veteran Proof in lieu of a DD214?

While we have received the Military discount for numerous past cruises, I used to attach a copy of my husbands DD214 (Blacked out serial numbers) in our boarding package "just in case" however we have never been asked to provide documentation so we just stopped bring it all together.

Joseph

Edited by rucrazy

My son figured it out for me.

Instead of being able to select the option for resident/senior/veteran pricing at the top level (where you can pick a specific ship) you now have to drill down on a specific cruise and on the page where you select the number of guests there is a "See if you qualify for Offers"  pull down. Florida resident still does make a difference - $560 pp discount on a Sky Suite in January.

37 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Odd because ever since Celebrity changed their price structure to include a non refundable deposit  if you opt out of the package price I get nothing but solicitation of resident rates and senior rates for cruises that are past or close to final payment. It may be the same rate as the no package rate and since it's close to final payment a non refundable deposit wouldn't matter. All I know is I get a lot of Celebrity emails and very few from Royal Caribbean and Princess which neither offer a senior or resident rate.

We get an email a day from Celebrity, it seems. Royal still has resident rates. We did book a resident rate on our March Anthem cruise. It was in addition to the C&A discount and current promotion. 

mac_tlc

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

We’ve always only showed our military ids, never bring the DD214s

Not every veteran gets a military ID.

The VA is offering an option now for those of us not eligible for VA care to get an ID that confirms veteran status. More info on how to apply at:

https://www.va.gov/records/get-veteran-id-cards/vic/