Crown & Anchor Status Match

FireEMT978

It's been a couple years since we did this, but she just called with both of our C&A numbers and gave them my address (that she lived at) and they did it. It was almost too easy. I always wonder what they do in the case of a breakup or remarriage...

3 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

It's been a couple years since we did this, but she just called with both of our C&A numbers and gave them my address (that she lived at) and they did it. It was almost too easy. I always wonder what they do in the case of a breakup or remarriage...

Even though the status are linked each person still obtains their own points.  So in a case of separation the other person would only ascertain the status that their points equate to.  

Edited by Mr. Candyman

1 minute ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Even though the status are linked each person still obtains their own points.  So in a case of separation the other person would only ascertain the status their points equate to.  

Right- but I don't know whether or not they (C&A) actually go through the process of unlinking somebody unless they are asked to do so when you are linked with somebody new. 

1 minute ago, kruzerci said:

Right- but I don't know whether or not they (C&A) actually go through the process of unlinking somebody unless they are asked to do so when you are linked with somebody new. 

My guess would be that they wouldn't until it's brought up.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Even though the status are linked each person still obtains their own points.  So in a case of separation the other person would only ascertain the status that their points equate to.  

Unfortunately not. Many cases reported on here that when with linking the ex still kept the higher status. Royal seems reluctant to demote anyone.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately not. Many cases reported on here that when with linking the ex still kept the higher status. Royal seems reluctant to demote anyone.

I would have thought they'd treat the ex-significant other the way they treat the children after turning 18.

Edited by Mr. Candyman

8 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I would have thought they'd treat the ex-significant other the way they treat the children after turning 18.

They do. 

You revert back to your in points but you keep the last status you had. Many young adults out there that are diamond or higher with 25 points or less. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They do. 

You revert back to your in points but you keep the last status you had. Many young adults out there that are diamond or higher with 25 points or less. 

Agree. My 21yr old Daughter was on 2 Cruises 18yrs ago, has 14 points and is Diamond Plus. 

53 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Reason #3 the C&A upper tiers have skyrocketed in membership 

In my opinion

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lucky you. Mine have the actual points compliments of my paying for them. 

Now my oldest, took her on 6 Cruises I paid for,  Diamond Status threw matching mine when she turned 18 10yrs ago. Ironic though, Royal has now gave Diamond to her Daughter also. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

This is incorrect.  That only applies to under 18, upon reaching 18.

For adults, they retain the status, but revert to their own points, so making the next level may take a while.

Adult A is Diamond.  Adult B moves in and get Diamond status with 1 3 night cruise (3 points).  They break up.  Adult B retains Diamond, but with 3 points.  So needs 172 points to make D+.

Personally, I think this is stupid on RCI's part.  Status match should only apply to one additional person, at a time.  A is Diamond.  B moves in.  B is Diamond.  B moves out, and C moves in.  B loses Diamond and C gets Diamond.

Right now, after B moves out, they can move into with C and status match to make C Diamond.  Etc, etc, etc, etc, 

31 minutes ago, SRF said:

This is incorrect.  That only applies to under 18, upon reaching 18.

For adults, they retain the status, but revert to their own points, so making the next level may take a while.

What you described applies equally to adults as wells as to under 18’s that turn 18.

2 minutes ago, SRF said:

I thought that under 18 reverted at 18.  But OK, still stupid on RCIs part, IMO.

Or a brilliant marketing strategy on their part.  A whole lot of young adults that have significant status who are familiar with their product.  When they go to book their first cruise on their own where Mommy and Daddy aren’t paying they may be more inclined to return to Royal.

It only sucks for the other C&A members who complain about crowding in the lounges but those young adults are rarely in the lounges anyway and Royal doesn’t really care about out the fighting in the sandbox anyway.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What you described applies equally to adults as wells as to under 18’s that turn 18.

Exactly, just the fact that C&A does not do this at the time of the birthday... My DD cruised 7 months after her 18th birthday and had 133 points (including the inherited from us). She got her certificate for 140 plus the crystal block. A couple of months later she lost her inherited points. So she can work her way up to 140 once more 🤣 (but she already was Diamond on her own points - own points? o.k. the cruises I´ve paid for and she cruise with us).

steamboats

13 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

Are status matches predicated on having same mailing address?

Minor GD cruises with us (not yet on RCCL but booked this summer) but has different legal address on passport.

On a U.S. passport, there is no address.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

On a U.S. passport, there is no address.

Hmmm Never caught that!  guess it makes sense as people could move.  

We will have her passport, birth certificate and necessary notarized docs from her parents when checking in at port. Her address will be noted on the parental consent forms.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

A couple of weeks ago on voyager,the LA told my sister that they only match under 18 .

Spouses or partners don’t apply any more.

Guess I’ll call closer to the date, never hurts to ask.