Wording on upsell offer

Carla3

I received an upsell offer email on Friday and have left a message that I’m interest. The upsell department is closed on the weekend, so I’m hoping I will hear back this morning. I re-read my email and it has some wording that is concerning. My offer is to a full suite. One of the perks we enjoy is the special breakfast in Sabatini/crown Grill. Here is the wording on my email.

Breakfast for 2 on the morning of your choice.

Do you think this means we only get one breakfast in Sabatini? Would the staff at Sabatinis even know how you received your suite?

We also received and took an upsell offer to a penthouse suite.  "Breakfast for two on the morning of your choice" is actually the "Deluxe Balcony Breakfast for two".  If you accept the upsell offer, the balcony breakfast will be listed on your travel summary in your personalizer.   This is in addition to  your breakfast at Sabatini's suite perk.

When we received the offer, I called immediately and left a voice mail message letting them know we were interested.  We didn't receive a call back for 6 hours so called them again and actually got a hold of a rep.  

Good luck!

Jan

• Like 1

Yes, it means a balcony breakfast for two during the cruise. The thing is, why would you skip a Sabatini’s breakfast to have the balcony breakfast? The balcony breakfast does come with a half bottle of Champagne, which you can have them deliver to your cabin at a time of your choosing and tell them not to worry about the food! 😉

we tried to 'upgrade' our balcony breakfast to a balcony dinner, and pay the difference

but were unable to do so, because it was an upsell perk … we did do it, and it was very nice..i think we tweaked it a little but really don't remember what we did … prolly added BACON … crispy🍸

• Like 1

Called princess up sale department this morning again and got through. I was told it was sold out. I then received a call 2 hours later from a different representative who said that the actually had two full suites available. So I took the offer and it does include the balcony breakfast

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Carla3 said:

Called princess up sale department this morning again and got through. I was told it was sold out. I then received a call 2 hours later from a different representative who said that the actually had two full suites available. So I took the offer and it does include the balcony breakfast

That's wonderful!  Enjoy your suite!

Jan

• Like 1

Congratulations! We loved being able to take advantage of a suite upsell a couple of years ago. The breakfast at Sabatini's was our favorite perk of the suite--other than the huge cabin space. But we also enjoyed the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast one morning. 

• Like 1

You’ll love the suite. We spoiled ourselves by taking advantage of an upsell to a terrific wrap-around balcony aft suite for a transatlantic last year and really enjoyed the voyage and the accompanying perks.  Wish we could sail that way on every cruise!

On our recent cruise, we really enjoyed the Sabatini's breakfast.  Always got a table by the window, there were never more than 3 or 4 tables occupied, and the service was excellent.  Food was cooked to order, of course, and was very good.

Free Mimosas. The food and service is a step above regular dining room in part because they are serving less passengers.  The eggs benedict, better than dining room, is my go to favorite at Sabatini's. Great thick french toast.  Normally only 4 tables or less every time I ate there.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, we took an upsell to a full suite as well and I know they used to give you a specialty restaurant diner on the first night for those in suites, do they still do this, or is it now just the balcony breakfast? We've had the balcony breakfast a few times before when in suites and I think we just asked for the Champagne after the first one and went to Sabatinis for breakfast after that. 

3 hours ago, bbum said:

Just wondering, we took an upsell to a full suite as well and I know they used to give you a specialty restaurant diner on the first night for those in suites, do they still do this, or is it now just the balcony breakfast? We've had the balcony breakfast a few times before when in suites and I think we just asked for the Champagne after the first one and went to Sabatinis for breakfast after that. 

No first night specialty restaurant included unless the cruise is 7 nights or longer. The same rule applies even if you had originally booked a suite right off the bat.