Silhouette Revolution Drydock

dgraham

6 hours ago, A Bigger Splash said:

I didn't read it that way - just adding 8 more Alcoves and an outdoor Movie Screen.   Sounds to me like the Lawn Club will still exist.

An updated Lawn Club featuring eight refreshed Alcoves, an oversized outdoor movie screen, and a new shaded lounge area complete with banquette seating and hammocks. 

The deck plans post revolution still show much of the Lawn Club

image.png.74d45824c48d87fe6ff08412067f3058.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caribbeanboy said:

What's the reason Celebrity send her all the way to Spain, and back to the Caribbean in January, since she was delivered in May 2011, so could have gone another year. 

Someone said it was due to hurricane damage at the dry docks in the Bahamas.

I am confused by the dates shown on the Celebrity website regarding the Silhouette deck plans.  Why are the two viewing options "15 Mar 2019 to 05 Apr 2020" and "03 May 2020 to 28 Mar 2021?"  Have the drydock/renovation dates changed?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-silhouette#deck-plan

Edited by SunsetPoint

18 hours ago, SunsetPoint said:

I am confused by the dates shown on the Celebrity website regarding the Silhouette deck plans.  Why are the two viewing options "15 Mar 2019 to 05 Apr 2020" and "03 May 2020 to 28 Mar 2021?"  Have the drydock/renovation dates changed?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-silhouette#deck-plan

Those dates are wrong.  The Silhouette is currently on the way to the drydock so the only deck plans that matter are the ones that start on May 3 2020.  That will be the deck plan when she returns to service on Feb 14, 2020.

Here's her current position on the way to Spain.

image.png.2252f4065216a8ccb94ea0d94010b919.png

On 1/4/2020 at 4:33 PM, 39august said:

Not  hurricane.  The dry dock area in the Bahamas was damaged in a falling crane accident.

What many don't realise is that the structure of the floating dock catastrophically failed when being used for a ship that was too heavy for it and the crane toppling was only a consequence of that. It will be a very long time before a new dock is constructed and due to the lack of facilities in USA all larger cruise ships will have to travel to Europe for dry docking for the forseeable future.

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Those dates are wrong.  The Silhouette is currently on the way to the drydock so the only deck plans that matter are the ones that start on May 3 2020.  That will be the deck plan when she returns to service on Feb 14, 2020.

Here's her current position on the way to Spain.

image.png.2252f4065216a8ccb94ea0d94010b919.png

Thank you for posting this, we are on the first sailing after the refurbishment on the 14th Feb. Hopefully all the works are completed on time.  

The recent Oceania Regatta dry dock was done in N. Vancouver.  Not sure if that shipyard has the capacity to do a ship the size of Silhouette.  The logistics may also not work for ships that must remain on the east side of the Canal. 

Thank you for all the info on this thread.  I was wondering what happened to the crew during drydock.  

I don't understand Sky Suites positioning.  On the S Class (except Reflection) they are either under the cafeteria (with a large overhang above them) or the aft, there are no mid-ship.  

When we booked our cruise, DH kept looking daily for an opened mid-ship Sky Suite besides deck 12.  He refused to believe me when I said it didn't exist.  

On 1/3/2020 at 8:20 AM, marieps said:

Silly Is scheduled to depart PE at 20:00.  That's a unique time.  I assume they are loading her with materials they can use while in transit to Cadiz.  She and Reflection are both on the webcam.  I can't remember seeing two S class ships docked at PE, although I'm sure it's happened plenty.

Hello, Marie.  I guess the stars align every now and then which put Silhouette and Reflection together at Port Everglades at the same time. A year ago this month our 14 night Reflection cruise ended at Port Everglades with Silhouette already there to greet us.

David

Silhouette.JPG

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Hello, Marie.  I guess the stars align every now and then which put Silhouette and Reflection together at Port Everglades at the same time. A year ago this month our 14 night Reflection cruise ended at Port Everglades with Silhouette already there to greet us.

David

Silhouette.JPG

Nice.  Hope you're having a great time on Solstice.  

25 minutes ago, GerScot said:

Am intrigued as to why the ship is not showing in the satellite picture?

If you mean the actual image of the ship, those satellite pictures are not real time photos but just background photos (the image source changes as you zoom in).  The only thing updated is a symbol of the ship showing its real time position.

Edited by mahdnc