Majesty Diamond situation

On 1/19/2020 at 12:13 PM, ship_cat_2018 said:

It is not about entitlement, or free stuff as you call it, it is about the two way street that is called loyalty program !

The truth is that calling it a "loyalty program" is itself a kind of obfuscation.  The real purpose of CAS is to incentivize people to book all of their cruises on Royal instead of some on Royal and some on (for example) Carnival.  However, if they called it an "incentive program", then they would have a legal obligation to deliver the incentives that they promised.  So they call it a loyalty program.  Nevertheless, anyone who chooses to book his or her cruise on Royal Caribbean instead of another cruise line solely because of CAS will get ripped off if the CAS benefits that motivated him or her are not provided.  Perhaps, the real take away from this whole thread is that is is best to not consider loyalty programs when deciding which cruise line to sail on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I emailed M. Bayley's office on Monday expressing disappointment that the Diamond Event may be discontinued. Fingers crossed they will rethink their decision.

NJ 

This is response received today.

"Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. Your e-mail has successfully been received and will be reviewed by an Executive Escalations Representative shortly.

Please allow us time to thoroughly review the contents of your correspondence and we will follow up with you upon completion.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We look forward to communicating with you in the near future."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Majesty Question? We just received a generic pre -boarding letter, prohibited items, etc. 

It says our Seapass cards will be on our stateroom doors and we will use our SetSail passes until the rooms are available. 

• Your SeaPass card will be located in a sealed envelope on your stateroom door so your SetSail Pass will be your boarding pass to get onboard the Majesty of the Seas.

Is Majesty out of NOLA really doing that? I had read about it on other ships but it always seemed like it was a newer ship thing. Although I guess Adventure is putting them on the door too. 

Anyone know? Thanks! 

Edited by Coralc

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Majesty Question? We just received a generic pre -boarding letter, prohibited items, etc. 

It says our Seapass cards will be on our stateroom doors and we will use our SetSail passes until the rooms are available. 

• Your SeaPass card will be located in a sealed envelope on your stateroom door so your SetSail Pass will be your boarding pass to get onboard the Majesty of the Seas.

Is Majesty out of NOLA really doing that? I had read about it on other ships but it always seemed like it was a newer ship thing. Although I guess Adventure is putting them on the door too. 

Anyone know? Thanks! 

Yes, that is how it worked on Majesty this week. SeaPass cards were on the door when we had access to the rooms at about 1:00pm. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thank you Randy. Other than the wind and cancelled ports, how's the weather been? Warm & windy or cold? We are packing. 

It has varied every day. Sunday was warm enough for a day of cruising to sit by the pool.

Monday at Key West was lower 70’s and not too windy so we walked all over Key West in shorts and no jacket. Nice day. 

Tuesday was nice enough at Coco Cay for a swimsuit and short sleeve shirt. But it was pretty windy and the pool and gulf water was cold so most stayed out of the water. I wish they could heat the pool. It would have been a cold day in the water park. 

Wednesday was back to Key West and colder / very windy. Temps in mid 60’s. We did not go back on shore as it was too cold with the strong winds. Unfortunately we did not dock at the pier closest to town and everyone had to take the 15 minute tram from the pier. Some of the trams are open air and very cold. I’m not sure why they didn’t use the closer pier so we could just walk into town - it sat empty all day. Probably costs more. 

Thursday was beautiful on the ship - temps in low to mid 70’s and sunny. We enjoyed sitting by the pool for several hours. 

Today was quite windy again with temps in mid 60’s. Tried sitting at pool but we had  30 seconds of sun and then 15 minutes of clouds. With the cold wind, it was not comfortable sitting at the pool. 

We also found some of the lounges were quite cold so a long sleeve shirt or some sort of light jacket / cover up came in handy. 

Happy packing!!!

Edited by thrifty99
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2020 at 5:49 PM, MX-5 said:

Maybe RCCL will reconsider the nightly Diamond Event if the outcry from C&A is received en-mass.

Anyone Diamond & above has an exclusive phone team at Royal. 800-526-9723 option #9. 

My call to express my concerns was documented and taken seriously enough to get transferred to the Resolutions Department, where I once again explained my issues to Otto - a senior representative. This isn't about the drinks or snacks, it's about a special place to commune with peers. It's also about tradition and consistency throughout the fleet.

Even if the gears turn too slowly for my b/b/b sailings that start in 4 days, maybe it will be a wake-up call for Miami. 

So..... join me in this quest if you feel as strongly.

I agree with this statement-  "This isn't about the drinks or snacks, it's about a special place to commune with peers. It's also about tradition and consistency throughout the fleet."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CRZAHOLIC said:

I agree with this statement-  "This isn't about the drinks or snacks, it's about a special place to commune with peers. It's also about tradition and consistency throughout the fleet."

Last I heard, the physical lounge is still available. But now it's open to all guests for communion.

• Like 1

I want the snacks. There are hardly any food options on Majesty. And a late afternoon hors d'oeuvres option would be great. We will find something to eat and have the DX. But it is nice when you can sit and chat with others and have something resembling a cocktail hour and socialize. It's too bad that they have decided to do away with it. 

• Like 1

It appears that Royal is eliminating Lounge and drink benefits for Crown and Anchor Diamond thru Pinnacle.     Without those benefits there is no reason to be loyal to one cruise line.   I thought this was only Majesty of the Seas but reading blogs it appears to be larger ships as well.   It is good that Virgin has a new cruise line, I will look at that next.    

The elimination of the suite lounge on majesty of the seas will cause us to NOT travel on the majesty.  Unfortunately this is the only royal ship out of New Orleans.  

If the elimination continues to the other ships in the fleet, we will no longer travel on Royal Caribbean.  We received no notice of the elimination until we arrived.  We received some compensation for future cruise but no refund.  Will not be on a future cruise until we are notified of the policy going forward.  

Captain blamed it on a management decision in Miami. Captain was not pleased.  The diamond and pinnacle lounge also eliminated.  Allowed Max of 3 complementary drinks and some counted double.   

Concierge available for a few hours at guest services desk. 

37 minutes ago, tiki456 said:

It appears that Royal is eliminating Lounge and drink benefits for Crown and Anchor Diamond thru Pinnacle.

It is only access to the concierge lounge that D never had access to anyway and many ships did not even have a Concierge lounge.  

There is still a Diamond lounge. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach