Bringing a drone on board ?

Ptroxx

23 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

I disagree.   There’s tons of private party videos taken on San Juan PR.   And Trev and Chelsea are just youtubers not hires by RC. 

Trev and Chels do not work for Royal Caribbean, but were hired (or maybe just compensated with a free cruise) by Royal Caribbean to document Perfect Day CocoCay when it opened. They were there for a media event with a bunch of other content creators. So they got to do a bunch of things that "normal" Royal Caribbean guests cannot, such as fly drones and take GoPros on the waterslides. They also "took over" the company Instagram. It was very much a working trip for them.

6 minutes ago, LittleMissMagic said:

You personally know a lot of people? Or you've heard stories?

I have heard first hand accounts from multiple ship's officers who put off the people.

8 minutes ago, LittleMissMagic said:

You personally know a lot of people? Or you've heard stories?

I’ve searched everywhere on the internet and haven’t found one story of someone being put off at Cococay.    So until we actually hear first hand. Its all internet stories.    

9 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I’ve searched everywhere on the internet and haven’t found one story of someone being put off at Cococay.    So until we actually hear first hand. Its all internet stories.    

Not everyone plasters their life experiences, positive or negative all over the internet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrSnarkyPants said:

A friend of mine took his drone to Cuba. The authorities were not amused and seized it at customs.

Every country is different.

Not surprised. As mentioned lot different Laws/Rules on this in other Countries, and in areas of US around Govt/Military Bases. No Fly Zones. Some different restrictions/Laws in Different US States and in PR... To other topic, Passengers kicked off in Coco Cay, really does sound familiar to me...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Wow, surprised to hear the have put people off at Coco Cay!  I know for SURE they cannot and do not at Labadee or someone I know would have been the perfect candidate. 😎   So, I wonder what would happen if they put a guest off at Coco Cay and they didnt have the money to leave the island?    

13 minutes ago, ryano said:

Wow, surprised to hear the have put people off at Coco Cay!  I know for SURE they cannot and do not at Labadee or someone I know would have been the perfect candidate. 😎   So, I wonder what would happen if they put a guest off at Coco Cay and they didnt have the money to leave the island?    

They have put passengers off at Labadee. Labadee is not an island. They transport them to Cap Haitian where there is an airport. I don’t know how they would handle it at Coco Cay. You can’t just abandon people with no way out. 

Edited by Charles4515

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They have put passengers off at Labadee. Labadee is not an island. They transport them to Cap Haitian where there is an airport. I don’t know how they would handle it at Coco Cay. 

There are scheduled flights to two of the Berry Islands from Nassau.  They would most likely be taken by boat to one of these islands.

https://www.bahamas.com/islands/berry/getting-here

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Interesting.  I bet it would cost a small fortune to get home from there.

It is expensive.  First there is a charter boat to one of the nearby islands with air taxi service.  Then the air taxi to Nassau.  Then the flight from Nassau to the US. 

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

It is expensive.  First there is a charter boat to one of the nearby islands with air taxi service.  Then the air taxi to Nassau.  Then the flight from Nassau to the US. 

Yeah it’s a good hop skip and a jump that’s for sure.  

BBAD47BA-20A3-43C3-9E41-D74F274D6F29.png

We were on a cruise around South America in 2017.  Several people had drones.  They had checked rules in the countries and only flew drones in countries that allowed them.  Most countries did allow drones to be flown, but rules change all the time so that should be checked before the cruise.  The cruise line, Princess would not allow them to be flown off the ship.  

Have a good trip.

It is unfortunate that posters are unpleasant.  I come on here for information.  

43 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They have put passengers off at Labadee. Labadee is not an island. They transport them to Cap Haitian where there is an airport. I don’t know how they would handle it at Coco Cay. You can’t just abandon people with no way out. 

Interesting.  I do realize Labadee isnt an island.  I had a friend that got a little too much into the Makers Mark on the first full day at sea, made an @$$ of himself later on that evening and was thrown off Freedom of the Seas for violation of the guest conduct policy back in 2015.  They told us that they could not put him off at Labadee and everyone that was confined to their cabins awaiting being kicked off the ship would be put off in Falmouth.  

Edited by ryano

5 minutes ago, janert said:

We were on a cruise around South America in 2017.  Several people had drones.  They had checked rules in the countries and only flew drones in countries that allowed them.  Most countries did allow drones to be flown, but rules change all the time so that should be checked before the cruise.  The cruise line, Princess would not allow them to be flown off the ship.  

Have a good trip.

It is unfortunate that posters are unpleasant.  I come on here for information.  

Laws have changed a lot in 3 years.   Many countries are now banning drones.  Or limiting where they can be flown.  But I’ve done my research.    My only question was for Cococay.  
RC allows you to bring them on board.   I’ll be flying in PR. As they recognize US rules beings it the US. Lol.
 Maybe Saint Marteen   But were on a boat all day cruising the beaches around the island with Capt Bob.   

PHILIPSBURG:--- Drone owners on Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba are reminded to adhere to the rules when operating drones on these islands. Violating these rules, a drone pilot risk being fined, confiscation of the drone or jail time.

This reminder comes after a recent verdict on Bonaire, where a drone pilot received a conditional sentence with 1-year probation for illegally flying the drone over the prison on Bonaire.

Operating drones as a hobby is increasing in popularity, therefore the Public Prosecutor’s Office
would like to outline the rules for this practice.

• The drone should not be heavier than 25 kilos.
• The drone is prohibited from being flown more than 120 meters above the ground or sea.
• The drone is prohibited from being flown above a crowd of people and over ongoing construction.
• The drone should not be flown in the dark.
• While in flight the drone must remain visible at all times.
• The drone is prohibited from being flown in the vicinity of the air traffic control tower of a public or military airport.
• When operating the drone always give priority to planes and helicopters.
• It is allowed to take photos and video recordings with the drone, provided the privacy law is respected.

In the event that a bystander is injured by a drone in flight, the victim can hold the drone operator liable. The payments in damages can be very high and not every third-party insurance covers damage caused by the drone. Therefore drone operators are advised to be vigilant.

Furthermore a permit is required when drones are being used for business purposes and different rules apply.

4 minutes ago, ryano said:

Interesting.  I do realize Labadee isnt an island.  I had a friend that got a little too much into the Makers Mark on the first full day at sea, made an @$$ of himself later on that evening and was thrown off Freedom of the Seas for violation of the guest conduct policy back in 2015.  They told us that they could not put him off at Labadee and everyone that was confined to their cabins awaiting being kicked off the ship would be put off in Falmouth.  

I think they would only put passengers off at Labadee for something more egregious than your example. Passengers that were put off that I heard of were considered dangerous. 

I don’t think passengers caught flying a drone where prohibited would be put off. They would be warned first.

I have seen people caught flying a drone in a national park. They were not arrested or fined. They were warned, they put the drone away and were allowed to stay. I don’t know if they knew the policy or not but probably if you show contrition you will get off with a verbal slap. 

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

So it is written,  so it shall be done. 😉

40 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I think they would only put passengers off at Labadee for something more egregious than your example. Passengers that were put off that I heard of were considered dangerous. 

I don’t think passengers caught flying a drone where prohibited would be put off. They would be warned first.

I have seen people caught flying a drone in a national park. They were not arrested or fined. They were warned, they put the drone away and were allowed to stay. I don’t know if they knew the policy or not but probably if you show contrition you will get off with a verbal slap. 

Apparently not

Edited by John&LaLa

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'd just stay🤣🤣

They have houses at Cococay and from what I read there actually pretty nice. 

when the 1100 or so people were stranded on the island some actually got the go to the houses.   

• Clarea locked this topic