Question for Copper 10-8 - Disembarkation Time

Hello - we are sailing on the Oosterdam - due to disembark on March 7, 2020 - trying to decide if we should attempt to catch a 9:50 AM  Flight home 

We are Neptune Suite passengers - so should be able to get off first - and we can self'disembark with our luggage - no other ships in that port that morning 

How quickly are the dis-embarkations going now - and what about the "speed" of customs, etc.?

What is your recommendation ?

THANKS 

9 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hey dog walker.. weren't you the one who made a bunch of us nervous wrecks about your arrival time a few weeks back?? 

Good memory, Sailor! 

My question, OP, is why you directed this question specifically to only one person? There are many of us who could post an educated answer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Good memory, Sailor! 

My question, OP, is why you directed this question specifically to only one person? There are many of us who could post an educated answer. 

Agree.

Assume you mean at San Diego. San Diego has a bit of a checker past for disembarking, which is discussed here frequently. It has noticeably improved, but little hitches  have occurred. 9:50 is probably doable, but it will be stressful, and what is your back up plan?

13 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Check Southwest.

Yes - that is who we are flying on  - we originally booked an 11:35 AM departure (on Southwest - with one stop on the way home) - BUT they emailed us today - that flight was on a 737-MAX - so they cancelled our reservation - and booked us on a 7:00 AM (!!) departure - I had to call them (20 minutes on hold) to get that changed...to something with a little bit more of a chance for us to be able to take  

1 minute ago, awhcruiser said:

You can check Southwest flights online...And change them for no fee...only pay the fare difference.

Yes - I tried to change the flight that they changed us to (the one leaving at 7:00 AM) on-line -

and the fare difference was over $100.00 -

I know from past experience (!) that if you call Southwest - advise that the reason that you need to change is that they are the ones that cancelled your original booking (the one leaving at 11:30 - now cancelled due to 737-MAX issues) - that they will make your change with no fee -

So that is what I did - (selected the 9:50 AM departure over the 2:35 PM  departure) with no additional fee 

however - they did tell me that I cannot make any more changes

Oh well - the cruise will be nice and relaxing !!

The 737 MAX thing has really messed up flights from San Diego to Tucson. There used to be a non-stop around noon which was makeable but now I think the only non-stops are early AM and around 6PM both of which are problematic for me. This has deterred  me from taking a cruise out of San Diego which have loved doing in the past. 

16 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

The 737 MAX thing has really messed up flights from San Diego to Tucson. There used to be a non-stop around noon which was make able but now I think the only non-stops are early AM and around 6PM both of which are problematic for me. This has deterred  me from taking a cruise out of San Diego which have loved doing in the past. 

Right - there is only a 7:00 AM non-stop and an 8:00 (or maybe 9:00 PM) non-stop now 

Of course, we didn't know about that stupid 737-MAX issue when we booked our (very convenient !) - cruise out of San Diego 

several months ago !! 🤣

6 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

Could you possibly drive from Tucson to Phoenix?

Just a thought.

David

It's only a $109 flight on American. Just cancel the SW flight and take the credit for another time. We lived in Arizona and took flights out all the time, everywhere on business. 

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

It's only a $109 flight on American. Just cancel the SW flight and take the credit for another time. We lived in Arizona and took flights out all the time, everywhere on business. 

Hi Seasick Sailor!

I also agree with you on this. They should cancel and hook up with American.

Denise😊

• Like 1

12 hours ago, I like vacation said:

Did Southwest just realize that the 737-MAX has been grounded since March of last year????

The whole 737 MAX thing was supposed to be solved by now. If I remember correctly, the planes were grounded for a period of time; and then grounded again for another period of time, etc. Southwest has the most number of these planes so I assume the airline was hoping these planes would be flying sometime soon.