Finally Made It To "Elite"...Have A Few Questions

Georgia_Peaches

40 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

some of the benefits on the Captain Club scheme are a joke. Like one scoop of Gelato!!  People seem to lose their heads to get a free bag of laundry? After spending XXXXXX$ - it's an insult. 

Just goes to show what's important to some people. I enjoy the Gelato scoop, although I wouldn't pay for it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

We have been Elite for six cruises and love the happy hour.  We never buy or take the beverage package or promos, instead go for lowest price.  Why pay $1000 for beverage package when we are moderate drinkers and never spend more than $300 on alcohol for a 14 day cruise.   The happy hour is a great place to meet new or old cruise friends.

I totally understand where you are coming from. However check the costs of the new sail plus package where for £25 per day you can purchase two perks. For us I'd go for gratuities and classic beverage package. As the gratuities are $16 per day anyway it means that in effect the CBP is costing me approximately $17 per person per day. So $467 for two for 14 nights. As this includes water, soda, teas and coffees I don't think it's a bad deal really. It's certainly better than the previous $59 pppd that they charge for those who didn't book sail plus. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

No one has mentioned the Elite coffee break.

We usually go on a Sea day, Speciality coffees, mimosas and plated continental breakfast is served. The attached photo shows the Ultimate platter, which I had shared with my husband, he had also had the cheese, as I am Dairy Intolerant. You can also choose a fruit platter.

It is held in the Tuscan grill.

55563A96-60E6-434C-A061-7FD6D9AE8C47.jpeg

It's been plated on M class ships for a few years now. But on S class sailings it's always been a buffet for sailings we've been on. I agree it's nice to visit on a sea day as particularly on S class ships it makes a nice change of scenery. 

26 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

It's been plated on M class ships for a few years now. But on S class sailings it's always been a buffet for sailings we've been on. I agree it's nice to visit on a sea day as particularly on S class ships it makes a nice change of scenery. 

We’ve had buffet on Eclipse 2015 and plated on Silhouette 2018.

I think some rules came in pre 2018, where buffets were not allowed to be served on carpeted areas.

Edited by upwarduk

1 hour ago, farawayatsea said:

some of the benefits on the Captain Club scheme are a joke. Like one scoop of Gelato!!  People seem to lose their heads to get a free bag of laundry? After spending XXXXXX$ - it's an insult. 

I will have to respectfully disagree with this assessment.  While we have spent a lot of money in order to obtain our Elite status, we got a very nice product in return.  The fact that we are offered loyalty perks as a by-product of cruising with Celebrity is, in our opinion a nice free bonus that goes beyond what Celebrity (or any cruise line) is obligated to provide.  In fact, it is some of these perks that have allowed us to book a less expensive category of accommodation without feeling like we are missing out by not paying more money.  Granted, some of the perks are some we may never use, ie. a free bag of laundry or a discount on a bottle of wine...but I appreciate the sentiment of the offer and it's availability to use (or not) as Celebrity's way of saying "thank you".  While I respect your point of view, I prefer to exercise gratitude for 1. the fact that I have been fortunate to cruise enough to reach Elite and 2. for having perks available to me courtesy of Celebrity and their loyalty program.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Paulras said:

For the internet, you have to remember to log off or your minutes will continue to deplete even if you're not actually using them. 

Thank you for saying that.  I'm used to having unlimited internet access and would have totally forgotten to log out.  Will remind DH as well 😊

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Ill be on the summit on Tuesday as a 1st time elite. I think the laundry is a great benefit as well as cocktail hour. Seeing that I became Elite after 4 cruises with celebrity (diamond on RCCL) makes it even better! 

If you use the internet the 90 minutes of internet (per elite member) is much better than RCs 24 hour (per diamond member) (consecutive) internet perk.  With Celebrity log on and off as much as you like until the 90 minutes is used up. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If you use the internet the 90 minutes of internet (per elite member) is much better than RCs 24 hour (per diamond member) (consecutive) internet perk.  With Celebrity log on and off as much as you like until the 90 minutes is used up. 

Ill have to try that one. This cruise I was able to snag a perk so we picked unlimited internet for 2. We will be on summit probably yet again in future so ill try then. And even though its one port day, Im looking forward to a little relaxation in persian garden. Its the little things that you probably wouldn't pay for but are nice when free.

• Like 1

Hi-

We were just on a 5 night on Equinox. There was an Elegant Tea for Elite and up. It was on one of the two sea days. We had not been before and enjoyed it! It was held in Blu.

We were on a 9 night coastal California cruise back in November. The cruise was part of a 5 week trip so we were happy to have the laundry service. It is one bag per Elite passenger so my husband & I each had a bag. It was super helpful and they did a nice job.

The morning coffee lounge is a nice perk. We loved it on the CA cruise because they had the buffet out and kept it well stocked. On our recent Equinox cruise they did not have a buffet just the menu. We asked the Captain Club host about the difference. We were told that it had to do with the number of Captain Club guests on the ship. At a certain number they put out the buffet. Apparently there were not many Captain Club guests on our Equinox sailing. 

Sometimes we get the drink package if it is one of the perks available. Even with the drink package we enjoy the nightly cocktail hour and we typically will go to the Sky lounge. It is a nice place to meet & chat with other passengers as well as the bartenders.

Since our first cruise on Celebrity we have always had a lovely time being an Elite member just adds to the pleasant experience.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

I totally understand where you are coming from. However check the costs of the new sail plus package where for £25 per day you can purchase two perks. For us I'd go for gratuities and classic beverage package. As the gratuities are $16 per day anyway it means that in effect the CBP is costing me approximately $17 per person per day. So $467 for two for 14 nights. As this includes water, soda, teas and coffees I don't think it's a bad deal really. It's certainly better than the previous $59 pppd that they charge for those who didn't book sail plus. 

Crusing prices and rules are different from the UK than USA.  I have never seen a deal offered by Celebrity with a perk or perks that was economical for us.  Because we enjoy the elite happy hour and mainly drink wine, we normally spend from $300-$350 on alcohol during a two week cruise.  We drink the ship's tap water, don't drink sodas or specialty coffee, etc.

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

Crusing prices and rules are different from the UK than USA.  I have never seen a deal offered by Celebrity with a perk or perks that was economical for us.  Because we enjoy the elite happy hour and mainly drink wine, we normally spend from $300-$350 on alcohol during a two week cruise.  We drink the ship's tap water, don't drink sodas or specialty coffee, etc.

I book in the US and the UK depending on who is offering the best deal at the time as it varies weekly almost. 

I can't remember the exact cost in US$ for adding two perks but it was very similar to what I've just paid in the UK. The point I'm making is that with the new 'Sail Plus' promotion you can purchase a beverage package for a fraction of the $59 per person per day charge you'll find onboard. 

I appreciate that it won't benefit everyone depending on their preferences but for those who do drink bottled water, teas, coffees and sodas it's now a very good deal IMHO. I see Princess cruises are also doing something very similar. Here it's £35 per person per day for gratuities, beverage package and internet. 

I’m guessing I know the answer to this question is no, but just thought I would ask. We are elite, and are traveling with another couple that aren’t. We are both in suites though I don’t know if that makes any difference. I’m guessing they will not be able to join us at any of the events discussed in this post?

Edited by cindivan

1 minute ago, cindivan said:

I’m guessing I know the answer to this question is no, but just thought I would ask. We are elite, and are traveling with another couple that aren’t. We are both in suites though I don’t know if that makes any difference. I’m guessing they will not be able to join us at any of the events discussed in this post?

No. Only non elites sharing the same cabin with an elite are permitted to attend happy hour etc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cindivan said:

Makes no difference. You are correct. They will not.

Since all of you are staying in suites all of you will have access to the Retreat/Michales Club. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, cindivan said:

We had a similar situation and the Celebrity agent handling the reservation recommended we book a cabin with 2 men and the other with 2 women, then go to Guest Services after boarding to swap cabin cards. This way all 4 would have access to Captain's Club events. However, only the elite CC members receive laundry, internet, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cindivan said:

Y'all can enjoy Michaels and Luminae together plus suite benefits. Not shabby at  all

Bon voyage

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

The complimentary laundry has made it possible for us to travel very light. We now fly with only carry-ons, so no extra baggage fees. 

Love the idea of a free bag of laundry but have read that they wash everything in hot water.  Is this true or can you specify?  I'm afraid all my clothes would come back too small to wear again.  Maybe good for underwear and gym clothes?

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Love the idea of a free bag of laundry but have read that they wash everything in hot water.  Is this true or can you specify?  I'm afraid all my clothes would come back too small to wear again.  Maybe good for underwear and gym clothes?

I'm not sure of hot vs cold washes. We only send items we won't cry over if they are damaged, but haven't had any issues with shrinkage. We tend to send shorts, tshirts, pjs, socks, etc. 

• Thanks 1