Cruise Critic Community
Woobstr112G

Live From the Sky Princess B2B January 25 - February 8, 2020

8 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good evening all.  I had an unfortunate incident earlier during dinner.  We decided to eat at the pool bar area of the hotel.  While eating dinner, I excused myself to use the facilities. The closest one was a short distance away near the entrance to the hotel’s beach area.  As I was exiting, I made a quick right turn to head back to rejoin Holli.  Due no lightning outside at the entrance, I didn’t see an approximate 3x1 decorative rock formation.  

Yup you guessed it, I did a 1 & 1/2 with a full twist and landed face down on the rock formation.  My right ankle/shin took the worst of it with the shin quite swollen and quite painful.  I am hoping some ice will do the twist.  Really terrible luck the night before we board.....

Bob

Oh No!! I hope your ok besides being sore! Took a fall at a hotel in Puerto Rico something slippery on the floor good thing is was after my cruise because I was very sore!

Edited by Reader0108598

Good morning all from the Lago Mar hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.  Well embarkation say is finally here.  All the waiting and anticipation will be have been worth it once we step on the Sky Princess.

I had planned to walk down to the beach to watch the Sky sail in.  Alas, my little summersault escapade last night nixed that idea.  I didn’t get much sleep overnight trying to deal with the discomfort while My leg elevated.   My hopes are that the pain will decrease in the next day or two which will allow me to better enjoy the cruise.

Holli & I plan to have breakfast later in the hotel restaurant.  Our bags are all bagged & tagged for our 1100 pick up for our short trek to the cruise terminal.  I can’t wait to get onboard and start reporting.  My hopes are that my somewhat sore leg won’t be too much of a hindrance.

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob 

2 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good morning all from the Lago Mar hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.  Well embarkation say is finally here.  All the waiting and anticipation will be have been worth it once we step on the Sky Princess.

I had planned to walk down to the beach to watch the Sky sail in.  Alas, my little summersault escapade last night nixed that idea.  I didn’t get much sleep overnight trying to deal with the discomfort while My leg elevated.   My hopes are that the pain will decrease in the next day or two which will allow me to better enjoy the cruise.

Holli & I plan to have breakfast later in the hotel restaurant.  Our bags are all bagged & tagged for our 1100 pick up for our short trek to the cruise terminal.  I can’t wait to get onboard and start reporting.  My hopes are that my somewhat sore leg won’t be too much of a hindrance.

Bob 

We all hope it is not too bad! If it is go  talk to the doc! They have been great the two times I had to use them! Going so far to follow up the next day!

Edited by Reader0108598

E2770850-5461-451A-97A7-6CCCB7C0409D.thumb.jpeg.7fda610e79d71900ef531fd5ba60828d.jpeg

Good morning (0654est) from Florida.  Just took a walk to the beach that I missed earlier.  I’m feeling 100% better as I found out just how good a friend 800mg’s of Motrin can be.  

Weather is great for a Florida morning with just a tad bit of humility.  Breakfast is at 0900.  I’ll check in later once we are onboard.

Bob

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

E2770850-5461-451A-97A7-6CCCB7C0409D.thumb.jpeg.7fda610e79d71900ef531fd5ba60828d.jpeg

Good morning (0654est) from Florida.  Just took a walk to the beach that I missed earlier.  I’m feeling 100% better as I found out just how good a friend 800mg’s of Motrin can be.  

Weather is great for a Florida morning with just a tad bit of humility.  Breakfast is at 0900.  I’ll check in later once we are onboard.

Bob

Wonderful you have a friend 🙂

Have enjoyed your posts! Hope you heal quickly from your mishap. Will enjoy following you until we join the Sky next Saturday!!

Hi Bob!

So great to have you posting another live thread.

Looks like a lovely morning in Fort Lauderdale.

Thank goodness for Motrin, right?

Enjoy that new camera - I can’t wait to see the pics.

Sorry to hear about Misha, hugs to you and Holli.

Bob, so glad your feeling better! Now go and enjoy your cruise with Holli onboard the Sky Princess. Looking forward to your reports and pictures. Bon Voyage!!! :classic_smile:

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Bon Voyage Bob.  Looking forward to following along. 🙂

We finally got some seasonable weather for you and Holli and your sail away . Upper 40's tonight . Bon Voyage we will be watching you sail away today .

Bon Voyage, Bob and Holli.  Glad to hear your ankle is much better "with a little help from a friend.....Motrin".   Take it easy and enjoy!  Denny and I will be following your "Live From..."

Jan

EB7E8F47-B218-4E17-9035-59658BCDD8FF.thumb.jpeg.8f8e4e6ad9b5da42b8c4aecbdfae4bec.jpeg

Greetings from the SkyPrincess.  All I can say about this new Medallion stuff is wow.  We were onboard in about 20 minutes tops after entering the terminal. Room is nice.  

More later.....😋😋😋

Bob

begin onboard self medication … I recommend a nice single malt scotch … in moderation, of course, also plenty of water to stay hydrated

again, enjoying your posting style ...

Looks great Bob . Can you share your room number . We booked our first aft corner suite on a Regal TA next month and any insider tips for the suite life would be greatly appreciated .

EC871AC2-9E01-4355-A58B-429A0D8F29CC.thumb.png.41a2db9dec7be9732660e4618854fb53.png

Kinda wired internet speeds. We’re sitting right outside Princess Live.....😋😋

Bob

Hi Bob,

I know you mentioned that you were on Riviera Deck , aft suite. The configuration of this suite is a little different than Regal’s R730. Could you tell me if you have the very large wrap around deck like Regal or is it different?

have a fantastic time. Bon voyage!

Thank you for your LIVE POSTING!  We will be in our first suite(window suite) April 2021 on the Enchanted so very excited to read about Club Class dining and other benefits.  BON VOYAGE!

58 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

Hi Bob,

I know you mentioned that you were on Riviera Deck , aft suite. The configuration of this suite is a little different than Regal’s R730. Could you tell me if you have the very large wrap around deck like Regal or is it different?

I could be wrong, but it appears to be a PH suite located just forward of the aft elevators.  If so, the balcony is long and narrow...about 18' x 4'.

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

EC871AC2-9E01-4355-A58B-429A0D8F29CC.thumb.png.41a2db9dec7be9732660e4618854fb53.png

Kinda wired internet speeds. We’re sitting right outside Princess Live.....😋😋

Bob

Frontier...Miami, FL leads me to believe you're on cellular.