Apex News , If you thought Celebrity Apex would be a carbon copy of Celebrity Edge, think again

HFX

1 hour ago, HFX said:

New video on the Apex entertainment! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dri8CMtXddA

Have not sailed on the Edge, so I can't comment if any different. 

We will have to wait till Nov 2020 to find out in person. Glad we booked the SV!

Thanks for the link

We enjoyed almost all of the theater  production shows on EDGE( very creative) and some of the music groups  from diff eras ... but not so much the headline singers from TV show contests. 

It will be fun to see new productions as long as the sound is not too loud for the small space or the lights too jarring! We also have til Nov so I expect there will be reviews and more clips posted before then,,.

1 hour ago, HFX said:

New video on the Apex entertainment! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dri8CMtXddA

Have not sailed on the Edge, so I can't comment if any different. 

We will have to wait till Nov 2020 to find out in person. Glad we booked the SV!

What I like about the new entertainment is that they are taking some of the criticism of not enough programming in the existing venues and creating more and varied entertainment options for both The Club and Eden. On The Edge Eden was severely underutilized. Hopefully these new entertainment options will bring the ship to life in the evenings.

Edit:

I do hope they fix the sound system in the Main Theater on The Edge. I was on the Ship 12/18 and 04/19 and on both cruises it was difficult to understand and hear clearly the speaking and singing in the Theater. For a brand new State of the art Theater space that is unacceptable. 

Edited by kwokpot

Interesting that they're using RWS Entertainment on new shows.  They made such a big to-do about bringing production in house just a few years ago.  The shows they've produced on their own have been very hit or miss.  RWS has a track record of producing shows that work well on other cruise ships.  The new VP of Entertainment worked there previously.  Hopefully this means consistently better productions.

18 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I think this is great, shows X is still ever evolving in this Class of ships, similar to that of S Class, I believe....

Cannot wait to see what more is happening.

Waiting for the balance of 2021 sailings to be revealed so I can possibly switch from The Edge...

bon voyage

All of Celebrity Apex's sailings have been released through April 2022. After her 2021 Summer/Fall Mediterranean season from Barcelona and Rome she will reposition to Ft. lauderdale and sail every Saturday on alternating 7nt Eastern/Western Carribean sailings through late April 2022. 

As Edge will take over the 10 & 11 night sailings and Reflection also does 7nt East/West sailings from Ft. Lauderdale on Saturdays I expect that Beyond (enters service fall 2021) to offer 7nt sailings on Sunday's. It will be interesting to see if any changes are made to her cabins relative to Edge/Apex. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

All of Celebrity Apex's sailings have been released through April 2022. After her 2021 Summer/Fall Mediterranean season from Barcelona and Rome she will reposition to Ft. lauderdale and sail every Saturday on alternating 7nt Eastern/Western Carribean sailings through late April 2022. 

As Edge will take over the 10 & 11 night sailings and Reflection also does 7nt East/West sailings from Ft. Lauderdale on Saturdays I expect that Beyond (enters service fall 2021) to offer 7nt sailings on Sunday's. It will be interesting to see if any changes are made to her cabins relative to Edge/Apex. 

Thank you and I will go back and check... last week when checking, I saw only through September 2021... or so I thought.

bon voyage

Definitely looks good. I'm banking on liking my experience on Edge in just over 2 weeks - yesterday I had my TA change the Reflection Norwegian Fjords cruise I'd booked for July 2021 to the 7/17/2021 Apex Italy, France and Spain cruise!! It's a little less than the Fjords and will let me do more exploring in Rome pre-cruise and Barcelona post-cruise (two cities I love) as well as letting me explore and re-explore other places!! AND it will let me be on the ship over my actual birthday!! 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Definitely looks good. I'm banking on liking my experience on Edge in just over 2 weeks - yesterday I had my TA change the Reflection Norwegian Fjords cruise I'd booked for July 2021 to the 7/17/2021 Apex Italy, France and Spain cruise!! It's a little less than the Fjords and will let me do more exploring in Rome pre-cruise and Barcelona post-cruise (two cities I love) as well as letting me explore and re-explore other places!! AND it will let me be on the ship over my actual birthday!! 🙂 

Make sure you let EVERYONE know it's your birthday and it shows on your cruiseplanner as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's some more info to dig through: http://thecelebritycommitment.com/apex.html

The press release, dated January 28, can be seen here (I don't think it has been posted earlier in this thread): http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/01-28-2020_Celebrity_Cruises_Unveils_Encore_in_Edge_Series_with_New_Celebrity_Apex.pdf

19 hours ago, Ox Fan Cruiser said:

Doesn't the Apex have more solo cabins?

Edge has 16, and Apex has 24 ES staterooms.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm... Now pondering doing B2B on Apex for my birthday - starting the week before with the Barcelona to Rome, adding it on as a book on board in 2 weeks on the Edge (at this point the same stateroom is available for both legs)... A few different ports, but even at the duplicates there are enough things I want to do I would not be bored. Much to ponder!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We did a sailing in Dec. on the edge in a sky suite. Hoping on the Apex they added a sit down bar in the inside Retreat Lounge plus being able to order off the MDR menu if nothing interests you in the Luminae restaurant. But, all in all, we loved the Edge and looking forward to the Apex. 

We are so excited by what we've read and seen in videos about E class. We had originally booked a Med cruise on Edge for this year, with plans to do Northern Europe on Apex next year. But then I saw that Apex will also be in Med for 2021, with no E class in Northern Europe. So we quickly switched gears and are doing Northern Europe on Apex this year and will plan for Med on Edge next year.

71 days to go - we can't wait!

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 11:12 PM, bEwAbG said:

Interesting that they're using RWS Entertainment on new shows.  They made such a big to-do about bringing production in house just a few years ago.  The shows they've produced on their own have been very hit or miss.  RWS has a track record of producing shows that work well on other cruise ships.  The new VP of Entertainment worked there previously.  Hopefully this means consistently better productions.

Hit or miss is putting it mildly.  I always sit in the barstools at the back of the theatre for all of the production shows.  I end up leaving early more often than not.  I find the shows pointless.  Just a collection of recent shows strung together with the barest of a plot.  Glad to see that things might improve.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much better the production shows were on Regal Princess last month.

Michael