Diamond Plus free Laundry

bob63005

The clothes are washed in hot water and dried at a high heat. Use this as guidelines when deciding what to send out to the wash and fold service.

Generally we have  been able to use the service any day. We’ve often use it early in the cruise especially if we have a couple days of pre-cruise clothes. Your cabin attendant will be able to tell you the last day you can use it

We enjoy this benefit. 
M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our favorite perk.

Less clothes to bring...well for me, it doesn't seem to stop my wife from packing more clothes.

Oh, only on 5-days or more sailings.

Don't send it nice clothes.

We usually ask our cabin steward for the wash & fold bag the first day...for dirty pre-cruise clothes...and use the second one during the week.

Write down "Diamond Plus" on the laundry sheet/tag...works for us, we don't get charged.

Happy sailing!

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The clothes are washed in hot water and dried at a high heat. Use this as guidelines when deciding what to send out to the wash and fold service.
We enjoy this benefit. 
M

Yes like cruisegirl 1said ---- Beware with colors and gentle clothing. We love the service also ,

but have had damage to clothing .    

29 minutes ago, squadron said:

Basically really not a very useful perk.

We think it is a very useful perk. We use it for gym clothes, socks, undies, and my husband will use it for shorts and t shirts.  Everything has always come back in great shape.

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

We think it is a very useful perk. We use it for gym clothes, socks, undies, and my husband will use it for shorts and t shirts.  Everything has always come back in great shape.

Sherri🙂

I agree with you It is a very useful perk . As I said earlier We like it . 

Just remember the bag for the free diamond Plus laundry IS NOT the same bag that's in the stateroom for other types of laundry service. That bag is a big paper bag. The Diamond Plus free laundry is a MUCH Smaller thin plastic bag that you have to ask for. You have to be very careful placing the clothes in the bag or it will rip. Carefully fold the items you're putting in so you can get the max amount into it. Besides underwear and socks we have sent in polo-type shirts, short sleeve button shirts, shorts, pullovers, even jogging/track pants without issue. 

• Thanks 1

DH and I will be on the Serenade next year for 39 nights (3 legs for Hobart 5 night/Aus 16 nights, and NZ 18 nights). Anyone know if each of us (D+) will get a laundry bag each week or just for each leg? This will be our longest time continuously on one ship, so I'm somewhat apprehensive about it but also very excited to do it!

52 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

DH and I will be on the Serenade next year for 39 nights (3 legs for Hobart 5 night/Aus 16 nights, and NZ 18 nights). Anyone know if each of us (D+) will get a laundry bag each week or just for each leg? This will be our longest time continuously on one ship, so I'm somewhat apprehensive about it but also very excited to do it!

We've had this "issue"...not calling it a problem because we are just happy to be sailing...typically each passenger gets a wash & fold bag for each sailing of 5-days or more..............but, on extended sailings, we've politely asked the LA and we've gotten additional free bags.  (If needed, we ask the cabin steward for an extra wash & fold bag...if we get charged for it, we simply let the LA know and she removes the charge....our experience.)  Happy Sailing!

(Enjoy Hobart...it's a nice place to walk...easy access from the cruise terminal.)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ssb said:

Yes like cruisegirl 1said ---- Beware with colors and gentle clothing. We love the service also ,

but have had damage to clothing .    

Yep, placed Eddie Bauer yoga and hiking pants in wash and fold and they were ruined.  Now, we only put underwear and undershirts.  Be careful! 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Generally we have  been able to use the service any day. We’ve often use it early in the cruise especially if we have a couple days of pre-cruise clothes. Your cabin attendant will be able to tell you the last day you can use it

We enjoy this benefit. 
M

That is a huge piece of advice that I never thought of. Thanks for that in regards to hot water, high heat. I hate when my clothes shrink!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Moltar said:

That is a huge piece of advice that I never thought of. Thanks for that in regards to hot water, high heat. I hate when my clothes shrink!

Also it is only for swimsuits, Tshirts, PJ's, Undies, Gym Clothes, Sox, not for button up shirts, pants, nothing nice. Wash/Fold many times wrinkled/Faded. Have had Tshirts came back with safety pinned tag instead of laundry tags, still have pin holes in them. I still use them, helps on my longer B2B2B's it's a small bag but I've gotten ton clothes in them by rolling ea item tight, bag stretches a little but easily rips...

• Thanks 1