Royal UP

sdrocks

We leave Sunday on the Oasis.  Today received our second email to bid for a royal up.  Do not plan to bid as already in a grand suite and are doing a b2b staying in the same suite.

Do not want the hassle of moving, etc & a GS is good enough for us.

So my opinion, theory is either more people want a GS than are available ?  Or people are cancelling because RC sent an email denying boarding to those who had travelled to/from

China 15 days before sailing ?  Or am I not even close to the real reason and they need their expensive suites booked ?  Anyone else getting these also ?

All the balconies & suites were sold out on a recent cruise.  I got a RoyalUp to go from my JS to each of the suites above it three days before the cruise.  My guess is for last minute cancellations they will at least get something for it instead of giving complimentary upgrades as they did in the past.  🍷

• Like 1

I'm from Scotland also and I was offered a Royal Up email for my cruise last year. I received it just short of 30 days before we sailed. I put in a bid at the minimum price but it was rejected 2 days before we sailed. I'm sailing again in March (49 days time) and people this cruise have been offered the Royal Up already.  I tried  and it said I have to bid within the 30 days period. Different rules for different folks it seems!

We have a sailing on March 1, and we got the emails for the bid just a couple days ago (I feel like it was Jan 31?).  We have a boardwalk balcony and our offers were to a junior suite for a minimum of $400PP, and something like a lower end oceanview balcony was $100PP.  We are pretty much happy where we are so we didn't submit anything.  

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

I never get them either. I wonder if it has to do with booking direct vs. through a TA?

While rare, some TAs do opt out. 

Ensure you have the comms enabled in your profile. 

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

That’s totally incorrect.

Since the Royal Up programme was introduced we’ve been on about seven RCCL cruises and had to chance to make an offer on every cruise.

So, Royal likes your money also.  That's good to hear.  🍷

4 hours ago, Wine-O said:

So, Royal likes your money also.  That's good to hear.  🍷

I’ve never actually put in a bid for another stateroom as I’ve always been happy with my original booking.

I was just pointing out that your post was incorrect for the benefit of other cruisers.

Edited by Norwich Cruiser
Wrong wording
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, molly361 said:

Market research- the program is run by a third party who might not even know what is available and what isn't

1000x this, it's incredibly valuable information to RCCL to know exactly what people are willing to pay to jump up between various categories for future pricing, even if there's no availability whatsoever for the current cruise.

13 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

That’s totally incorrect.

Since the Royal Up programme was introduced we’ve been on about seven RCCL cruises and had to chance to make an offer on every cruise.

15 hours ago, Yinster said:

That's not entirely true. I received one the last time I cruises and I'm from Scotland. Booked with a Scottish TA

joke
/jōk/
noun

1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline
  • Haha 2