Ship quarantined

wyobean

9 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I think I could manage the solitude, but no outside view or fresh air would be difficult for me.

Me too!

I hope there aren't people traveling with kids. Yes, there's TV and internet, but kids are going to get cabin fever big time.

Another good point.  That would be tough.

Lots of people book certain cabins saying “we don’t spend any time in our room so the room works for us”.  It’s a whole different kettle of fish when you spend all your time in the room.

14 days is a long time in one room with no escape whether you are on a cruise ship or in a hospital.

• Like 2

Just now, kazu said:

Me too!

Another good point.  That would be tough.

Lots of people book certain cabins saying “we don’t spend any time in our room so the room works for us”.  It’s a whole different kettle of fish when you spend all your time in the room.

14 days is a long time in one room with no escape.

A friend told me her sister always books a suite in case she gets sick. At least she'll have somewhere spacious to lie around and moan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Me too!

14 days is a long time in one room with no escape whether you are on a cruise ship or in a hospital.

After recently spending several nights in the hospital, that's the truth!  I'd rather be stuck on a cruiseship, as long as it was a balcony that I could open.  I cannot imagine what it would be like in an Inside stateroom.

Here is an interesting view from a physician that lives in my area.  He is currently on the Diamond.  I don't know him, but the doctor has done business with my husband.  Great attitude! 😉

https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/coronavirus-quarantine-tri-cities-couple-on-vacation-stuck-on-cruise-ship-off-japans-coast/

22 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

After recently spending several nights in the hospital, that's the truth!  I'd rather be stuck on a cruiseship, as long as it was a balcony that I could open.  I cannot imagine what it would be like in an Inside stateroom.

Here is an interesting view from a physician that lives in my area.  He is currently on the Diamond.  I don't know him, but the doctor has done business with my husband.  Great attitude! 😉

https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/coronavirus-quarantine-tri-cities-couple-on-vacation-stuck-on-cruise-ship-off-japans-coast/

Thanks for the link.  He has a great attitude.

The news station carrying the news has missed a 0 in the number of cases though, I think?  

2 hours ago, kazu said:

My SO contacted norovirus years ago on the Tahitian Princess, and he was quarantined to the cabin. Princess did not quarantine me, but I quarantined myself to make certain the virus wasn't spread, and I never did get it. Fortunately for us, we had booked a mini-suite, and I spent time on the balcony reading, napping, and watching the tenders go back and forth to the islands. The quarantine was lifted on the third day when he was no longer symptomatic.

We agreed that we were so glad we had the larger cabin with a balcony and fresh air. He was sleeping a lot, but I felt fine and even though it was only two days, I'm just a bit claustrophobic and was getting restless. I was also getting sick of Princess club sandwiches!

I am highly sympathetic to everyone on that quarantined ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A little good news for inside cabin passengers.  The Facebook gentleman on board the Princess ship (David Abel) posted a video a few minutes ago and said the captain announced those with cabins that don't have access to the outside will be allowed on deck with face masks.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DivotMaker said:

A little good news for inside cabin passengers.  The Facebook gentleman on board the Princess ship (David Abel) posted a video a few minutes ago and said the captain announced those with cabins that don't have access to the outside will be allowed on deck with face masks.

That is good news. Thanks for letting us know. 

10 hours ago, DivotMaker said:

Inside and ocean view passengers are being allowed on open deck for one hour.

Must remain one meter away from others. Wear mask. Monitored by quarantine officers.

Pictures have emerged of those who are enjoying their hour outside.

20 new cases confirmed on-board. No word if the 14 day quarantine clock reset with emergence of the new confirmed cases. Refill on Meds should be delivered today.

12 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Inside and ocean view passengers are being allowed on open deck for one hour.

Must remain one meter away from others. Wear mask. Monitored by quarantine officers.

Pictures have emerged of those who are enjoying their hour outside.

20 new cases confirmed on-board. No word if the 14 day quarantine clock reset with emergence of the new confirmed cases. Refill on Meds should be delivered today.

It's worth noting that those testing positive for the virus are being taken off the ship and transported to hospitals by ambulance. 

• Like 2

What happened to the several thousand passengers who were likely waiting to board the ship?  Haven't seen how Princess handled their cancelled travel plans?  I would assume they had to put them in hotels, change flights, etc.

Anybody seen any reports on them.?  Obviously not as bad as the pax onboard but having made the long flights to asia what a bummer to deal with.

17 minutes ago, perditax said:

It's worth noting that those testing positive for the virus are being taken off the ship and transported to hospitals by ambulance. 

It was obvious to me, but I should have absolutely noted that those confirmed have been taken off Diamond Princess.

Did anyone happen to see the video of procedures for offloading those patients? Alarmed me.