Evening cigar on Summit......

zdad59

My buddies and I like a nice cigar and some cognac late in the evenings, after the ladies have called it a night.      Where on Summit are locations available to have a cigar?    Also, is there a location that sells cigars on board?   We'll likely bring our own stash but its always nice to try something new.

TIA

17 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

My buddies and I like a nice cigar and some cognac late in the evenings, after the ladies have called it a night.      Where on Summit are locations available to have a cigar?    Also, is there a location that sells cigars on board?   We'll likely bring our own stash but its always nice to try something new.

TIA

In the past the designated cigar smoking area on Summit has been deck 11, Mast Bar. I don’t know if they sell cigars onboard. 

5 minutes ago, coconut telegraph said:

The only place that allows cigar smoking on that ship is the sunset bar on deck ten aft.

Sorry, but there is no smoking at the Sunset Bar on Deck 10.  Your only option is the Mast Bar.

Smoking cigarettes are allowed on the port side of the promenade deck and the pool deck.   🍷

Edited by Wine-O
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, coconut telegraph said:

The only place that allows cigar smoking on that ship is the sunset bar on deck ten aft.

Summit and the other M-class ships no longer have any smoking  at the aft bar . Cigar smoking is allowed at one side of the Mast bar, 

Sorry.....other replies while I was typing!

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 2

Not sure if this applies to any other ships, but we were just on the Infinity and the daily flyer described the 3 smoking areas but did NOT specifically limit cigars to the Mast bar. We were surprised ! It was great relaxing with a cigar at the pool deck smoking area.

21 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

Not sure if this applies to any other ships, but we were just on the Infinity and the daily flyer described the 3 smoking areas but did NOT specifically limit cigars to the Mast bar. We were surprised ! It was great relaxing with a cigar at the pool deck smoking area.

Not for those of us who are highly allergic!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zdad59 said:

Also, is there a location that sells cigars on board? 

I'm a nonsmoker (X). I thought I've always seen cigars (limited) in the store (deck 5) where liquor, cigarettes, first aid supplies, snack...are sold. 

Edited by davekathy

15 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

Well.....it is a smoking area .

True. I appreciate the fact that you (and other smokers) adhere to the restricted smoking areas and wasn't suggesting you should not enjoy yourselves. I was just commenting that to those of us who are highly allergic (like me) it isn't pleasant to even walk by.  Smoke doesn't stay in an area but tends to waft into nearby non smoking areas, and when on the pool deck it's almost impossible for those with problems to avoid breathing it unless we vacate the area completely.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

True. I appreciate the fact that you (and other smokers) adhere to the restricted smoking areas and wasn't suggesting you should not enjoy yourselves. I was just commenting that to those of us who are highly allergic (like me) it isn't pleasant to even walk by. 

Thanks for the response! The pool deck is a great spot for smokers because it is sheltered, but it is hard to avoid for people who cannot tolerate smoke.That's why we love the S class ships more, where cigars are allowed on one side of  the Sunset Bar .It is not a main thoroughfare, so easily avoided if necessary, yet a comfortable spot for us cigar aficionados. 

1 hour ago, zdad59 said:

TIA

Remember, this is Celebrity.....so late in the evenings is 8:30 !  Just kidding! But, as cigar smoking is usually limited to the Deck 11 Mast Bar area( only open until 9 I think) you can  walk forward on that deck,  to the Revelations Lounge for drinks.They are open til the wee hours.

The smoking area at the Mast Bar is good, as long as the weather is decent. There's a large round table with bench seating under a canopy/roof. And near it, some seating with cushioned chairs and coffee tables. 

Yes, the only place to smoke a cigar is the mask bar. There are a few tables set up with big cigar ashtrays.If you go to the bar below there is a small cigar humidor that is on the bar top. Nothing fancy but I bought a $15.00 cigar that wasn’t that bad.

You can get get plenty of other cigars including Cuban at the various ports you are stopping at. They have plenty of vendors just inside the port. Be careful as not all are real Cuban. One year I bought 2 boxes of Cubans for $200.00. They didn’t have the tax seal on the boxes but after checking the internet they were real Cubans. I figured some employee must of smuggled them out of the factory.

I went back to the same spot a few months ago and they were double the price but this time they had the tax stamp. 

On 2/5/2020 at 10:14 PM, Smmessineo said:

Remember, this is Celebrity.....so late in the evenings is 8:30 !  Just kidding! But, as cigar smoking is usually limited to the Deck 11 Mast Bar area( only open until 9 I think) you can  walk forward on that deck,  to the Revelations Lounge for drinks.They are open til the wee hours.

The smoking area at the Mast Bar is good, as long as the weather is decent. There's a large round table with bench seating under a canopy/roof. And near it, some seating with cushioned chairs and coffee tables. 

Revelations has been renamed the Sky Lounge since the March refurb although when I was on Summit in June the signage at the entrance still said Revelations. 

On 2/5/2020 at 7:43 PM, Luvcrusn said:

it isn't pleasant to even walk by.

You may recall 'back in the day' when commercial passenger aircraft were divided by smoking and non-smoking. Somehow I always got the last seat in non-smoking and the guy ahead of me would light up and blow his smoke back over the seat for me. Ugh....

I will likely take a cigar or two and find myself near the Mast Bar, starboard side, sipping some good scotch. I will be mindful of anyone walking by and be sure to not blow my smoke that direction!

Life is so much easier than it once was!

Happy sailing.

23 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

I will likely take a cigar or two and find myself near the Mast Bar, starboard side, sipping some good scotch. I will be mindful of anyone walking by and be sure to not blow my smoke that direction!

Life is so much easier than it once was!

Happy sailing.

Thank you!

On M-Class ships like Summit, there is (or was) a smoking area on deck 4 port side outside the external door near the aft elevator bank.  Maybe it is cigarettes only (?)  but I have seen cigar smokers out there many times. 

16 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

On M-Class ships like Summit, there is (or was) a smoking area on deck 4 port side outside the external door near the aft elevator bank.  Maybe it is cigarettes only (?)  but I have seen cigar smokers out there many times. 

Mast Bar is the designated cigar smoking area. I have also seen cigar smokers on the deck 4 port side but that may be because the crew does not stop cigar smokers from smoking there. Cigarette smokers who smoke there may not mind cigar smokers. Crew are not likely to intervene unless someone complains. 

Edited by Charles4515

6 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Mast Bar is the designated cigar smoking area. I have also seen cigar smokers on the deck 4 port side but that may be because the crew does not stop cigar smokers from smoking there. Cigarette smokers who smoke there may not mind cigar smokers. Crew are not likely to intervene unless someone complains. 

I noticed on the S-Class ships where smoking was only on the Port side of the Sunset Bar that the smokers would tend to encroach on the midship bar.  Of course, the crew/bartenders would not say anything, which I can understand, but I would request they call an Officer to come up to fix the issue.  🍷

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 8:24 PM, zdad59 said:

TIA

We just got off the summit about a week ago.  Like others have said deck 11 mast bar only.  I will add though, that the bar is supposed to be open till 9. However, the couple of times that we went up there for a cigar, the bar was already closed by 8:30-45.  The next to the closest bar is the sky lounge and I don't know about cognac, but they had a limited selection of bourbon which my hubby likes to drink with his cigar.  Actually, he had a hard time finding a nice bourbon anywhere on the ship, and he did have the premium package.  The bummer is that bar, actually had double oaked woodford reserve. But, they were always closed when we got there, and he couldn't find it anywhere else.  So, I would consider grabbing a drink somewhere else before heading up there, maybe at the rendezvous lounge, they probably had one of the better selections.  If you are leaving out of San Juan, we recommend the Cigar House on Fortaleza, they have a huge selection.  They have two stores, right next to each other.  The one has a very nice lounge with comfy chairs.  My husband would not buy cigars on the ship.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

When I was on Summit we always smoked at the area on deck 4, never at the Mast Bar.  The area on deck 4 is kind of isolated from the rest of the ship and nobody has any reason to go there if they are offended by smoke.  As to buying a stick onboard, I've always found that the cigars on a ship (Not just Celebrity, any ship) are not stored properly.  I've found them to be too dry.  I always bring my own humidor with about 20 cigars.  Capping of the night with a cigar and a cognac is a tradition with me.  Didn't they always do that on Titanic?  We all know how that turned out!

Elvis