Ventura switching ports?

AndyMichelle

26 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you, nice to hear some proper facts. 

Andy 

I agree but why should facts be allowed to get in the way of guesswork and speculation?😇

Edited by pete14
  • Haha 3

Still not great here in my corner of Kent. We’ve lost 3 fence panels and the roofing felt off of the shed 😳 

I’ve seen tweets from people on a P&O ferry who have been stuck  3 miles out to sea, waiting to get back into Dover,  since 9am. Not my idea of fun!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Spare a thought for passengers flying out from Manchester to board Azura, they currently have a 23 1/2 hour delay.. 

Andy 

What a shame --- in that case I am guessing that they may miss their first port? She can't wait forever ??!!

Other flights from Manchester have gone today or is this a case that the plane can't land?

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Clear blue sky and not too strong a wind at the moment here in South Yorkshire. Had it really bad earler though.

I  think I spoke too soon. It's  dreadful now. Very high winds torrential rain with both fork lightning and sheet. That'll teach me to keep my mouth closed 😆.

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

What a shame --- in that case I am guessing that they may miss their first port? She can't wait forever ??!!

Other flights from Manchester have gone today or is this a case that the plane can't land?

Not sure, just seen posts on FB from passengers being informed of the delay. 

I don't think I would want to go up in the sky at the minute... 

Andy 

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Not sure, just seen posts on FB from passengers being informed of the delay. 

I don't think I would want to go up in the sky at the minute... 

Andy 

Have only landed once when it was quite windy and that was enough for us. We were only saying today that we are glad that we aren't taking off or landing in these winds ! I'd have to have more than one glass of wine on the flight !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Having experienced a few hair raising incidents while cruising with P&O, as I'm sure many others have, I have always had complete confidence in their decisions. If we have to miss a port or change an itinerary, fine, but I know I'll return safely to Southampton. 

Interesting view.   Yet only a few weeks ago Ventura was adrift in the ocean with no power due to condensation in the electrics and had to be rescued by calling out tugs which then towed the ship back to Tenerife where it stayed for some days before she was fit and able to sail again.

For me personally, I assume nothing, I take nothing for granted, and I'm aways alert for any out of the ordinary events.  I try not to put my trust in anyone 100% and make sure I prepare for possible eventualities.

3 minutes ago, KnowTheScore said:

Interesting view.   Yet only a few weeks ago Ventura was adrift in the ocean with no power due to condensation in the electrics and had to be rescued by calling out tugs which then towed the ship back to Tenerife where it stayed for some days before she was fit and able to sail again.

For me personally, I assume nothing, I take nothing for granted, and I'm aways alert for any out of the ordinary events.  I try not to put my trust in anyone 100% and make sure I prepare for possible eventualities.

Where's your sense of adventure?😆, but as stated in my previous post everyone arrived safely back into Southampton. Maybe a tad late but a few extra days holiday.

We are just back for this one, and think that to be fair P&O probably played it fairly well this time in our opinion. From information we were given on board Southampton, Imjuden etc were all closed on Sunday and Monday.

When tracking north on Sunday with the wind, things were ok. When it got to the point of turning, things did admittedly get a bit interesting, and there will be a need for quite a bit of new crockery based on our experience in the epicurean whilst making the turn! Whilst the weather hitting us side on did feel extreme with some strong listing for maybe 5 mins, all ok.

As to be expected, all the way back into the wind was varying levels of bumpy, particularly overnight back to Southampton. 

Also due to the closure of Southampton pilot station until Tuesday 1200, it was not going to be possible to get a pilot on in the early hours of Tuesday, so P&O advised they had taxi’d a pilot to Ramsgate who joined us in the relative calm there at 1600 on Monday. This at least got us back and time, and in fairness, helps for the next cruise. 

The cruise certainly wasn’t what we’d hoped when we booked, and at times in the last two days conditions were challenging, but all in all, feel that we’ve had an ok break. After all, in those conditions we did expect a cancellation or to return early to Southampton. 

4 minutes ago, Matt1386 said:

We are just back for this one, and think that to be fair P&O probably played it fairly well this time in our opinion. From information we were given on board Southampton, Imjuden etc were all closed on Sunday and Monday.

When tracking north on Sunday with the wind, things were ok. When it got to the point of turning, things did admittedly get a bit interesting, and there will be a need for quite a bit of new crockery based on our experience in the epicurean whilst making the turn! Whilst the weather hitting us side on did feel extreme with some strong listing for maybe 5 mins, all ok.

As to be expected, all the way back into the wind was varying levels of bumpy, particularly overnight back to Southampton. 

Also due to the closure of Southampton pilot station until Tuesday 1200, it was not going to be possible to get a pilot on in the early hours of Tuesday, so P&O advised they had taxi’d a pilot to Ramsgate who joined us in the relative calm there at 1600 on Monday. This at least got us back and time, and in fairness, helps for the next cruise. 

The cruise certainly wasn’t what we’d hoped when we booked, and at times in the last two days conditions were challenging, but all in all, feel that we’ve had an ok break. After all, in those conditions we did expect a cancellation or to return early to Southampton. 

Thank you for the feedback Matt. 

At least P&O managed to give you some sort of break. 

Andy 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 9:01 PM, Adawn47 said:

Where's your sense of adventure?😆, but as stated in my previous post everyone arrived safely back into Southampton. Maybe a tad late but a few extra days holiday.

And with an extra 4 days added to your loyalty 👍

A very minor point but in our case enough to tip us into the next discount level.

P&O handled that very well from our point of view. An, at first, £25 OBC to have a drink or two, followed by a very decent refund. Communications were pretty sound each day from the Captain and we managed to visit just about everywhere on Tenerife.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

And with an extra 4 days added to your loyalty 👍

A very minor point but in our case enough to tip us into the next discount level.

P&O handled that very well from our point of view. An, at first, £25 OBC to have a drink or two, followed by a very decent refund. Communications were pretty sound each day from the Captain and we managed to visit just about everywhere on Tenerife.  

Wherever you go on holiday there will always be  a hiccup of some kind. Like you,  we always manage to find the positive side of things. I'm a optimist and will never let anything ruin my holiday.

• Like 1

I think Matt1386 sums things up pretty well in the earlier post.  'A bit interesting' is certainly one way to describe the turn, although we suffered no worse than a spilled cup of tea we did hear stories from some people who were understandably alarmed, thankfully didn't hear of any injuries though. 

There were a lot of first time cruisers on this one and of the ones we spoke with not many seemed to be put off by the experience, most were more disappointed by not getting to Amsterdam than bothered about the weather.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 8:53 PM, KnowTheScore said:

The water in the electrics was caused by a steam leak in the engine room not by condensation !!!