Anthem- testing 12 Chinese nationals who are onboard

5 minutes ago, mlmc424 said:

We got the email.  We are driving up so it’s easy to adjust our schedule.  Just a bit unsettling though.  Also hearing nasty wind forecasts for offshore tonight 😟

Hopefully a little rough sea will be the worst of your vacation!

This has made national Tv now. News is reporting that the dozen Chinese people flew from China. If they flew in one day before the cruise, they are still within the 14 day window. Meaning they may test negative this morning, but positive in a few days.

I hope rcl has a good handle on this. I can tell you that I would personally be very uncomfortable boarding that ship. If someone tests positive in a few days they will likely quarantine - that’s what happened on diamond princess. Ground zero patient was long off the ship before the quarantine went into place.

too many unknowns for me. Again, I hope rcl is using an abundance of caution. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

It’s a little surprising they are letting people off before test results are completed.

I agree- anthem was anchored off shore last night (they ran the coast to beat a storm). Perhaps the testing kits were brought onboard then. I’m trying to remain optimistic 

4 minutes ago, Moeve said:

I would have to agree - it would beyond stupid and reckless to be disembarking passengers without have test results to be sure. We are talking 5.000 passengers in quarantine to protect over 300 mil 

Exactly!

I personally would not be getting on today if they do let people off today.

Edited by #55worktoplay
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Moeve said:

I would have to agree - it would beyond stupid and reckless to be disembarking passengers without have test results to be sure. We are talking 5.000 passengers in quarantine to protect over 300 mil 

Exactly, I have to say it's better to be cautious.  I dare say China and Japan are handling this better than the US could if we get a massive outbreak.  We aren't building a 1600 bed hospital in 2 weeks.  Super inconvenient but safer to cancel next weeks cruise and hold pax on anthem until know what they are dealing with.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rbschultz said:

????????????

Yes.  They believe thats how this whole mess started. By chinas desire to eat LIVE BATS

not a rumor.  There is information all over the news

of course...it could be fake news

Edited by riandei

Maybe none of the pax from China had it and this will not be a big deal.  But if they did, this could be one of those moments look back on "remember where you were" when learned pax walked off Anthem and the US got started on a massive epidemic that killed many and tanked the economy etc.  Or perhaps that's too dramatic, just so many unknowns and so dependent on China for medicine and medical supplies, scary stuff.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, riandei said:

Yes.  They believe thats how this whole mess started. By chinas desire to eat LIVE BATS

not a rumor.  There is information all over the news

of course...it could be fake news

Trying to avoid media sources and look at medical articles on the subject. Media spin is outrageous

• Like 5