Equinox Celebrity Suite

crash3x

We were in CS 1112 in October 2019. It looked just like this one. Updates were minimal... we had the new veranda furniture plus one of the older rattan chaise loungers (it was crowded). Interior was very much unchanged. The furniture, etc was not changed. We had the updated products in the bathroom... tiny hard cubes of soap and those huge dispensers of shampoo/condition/bodywash that kept falling off the side of the tub. There were succulents added but no flowers. Some of the wall art was changed. TVs were upgraded (HUGE). No binders in the cabins anymore... order room service from the tv. Not a lot was done in the Celebrity Suites.

If you are happy to sleep in an inside room but then have the benefit of a living area and a good sized balcony then this is the suite for you. If you are cruising with another adult/child then there is the advantage of a Jack and Jill bathroom...we never got past the inside bedroom...

I like the inside bedroom because it stays darker in the morning. One of us can get up, open the drapes, use the balcony, have coffee and not disturb the other if they want to sleep in. The two doors to the bathroom is a great design for this reason, too.

2 hours ago, barric said:

We were on Equinox for the 1/18/20 sailing in 1615.

Quite a room. 

Got this with an upgrade bid from Aqua.

Cel Sui.JPEG

Cel Suite (1).JPG

Cel Suite B (3).JPEG

Cel Suite B (4).JPEG

Cel Suite B (5).JPEG

Cel Suite B (6).JPEG

Cel Suite B (7).JPEG

Cel Suite B (8).JPEG

Cel Suite B (11).JPEG

How much was your bid for the upgrade to a CS from Aqua.  I am in an aqua this year and thinking I might want to go to a suite.  

While we have not been on the Equinox yet, 21 nights booked for 2021 which we expected to have had a full refit for, but the pictures are identical to the Eclipse and Silhouette in CS. I guess we will be a shade disappointed when we cruise. We can’t change as we are doing b2b in the same room but we did pay a fairly hefty revolutionised premium when we booked a year ago.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

I guess I had expected the interiors to be much more updated  and Edge-like (we like the Edge interiors) but by just looking at the pictures I don’t see a thing changed! We have a CS booked on the Solstice in 2022 and surely expected a different product than the same CS we sailed in last February.  

We love the CS for the separate bedroom.  DH is a very early riser even on a cruise so with the CS he can enjoy his coffee and read the news in our suite with the draperies wide open and I can sleep as late as I like in a darken room.   

We paid a hefty premium for our first PH on Equinox and the décor did not disappoint.  The service was well above what we have experienced in other suites. We have sailed in a CS on S & M  class ships and liked the interior bedroom, although on M class it was like being in an interior cabin. More light on the S class due to the opaque windows into the living area.  It was the fact that the shower is in the tub and it is very difficult to get into and out of, especially with knee issues and being short.

According to the person I work with at X very little is being done to any of the staterooms on the "S" class ships in the "revolution." It is the public areas that are being changed.

We've stayed in Celebrity Suites on many ships and the only thing different in the pictures here is the balcony furniture.  The big TV's have always been a part of the suite.  Same carpet, same furniture.  

12 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

According to the person I work with at X very little is being done to any of the staterooms on the "S" class ships in the "revolution." It is the public areas that are being changed.

We've stayed in Celebrity Suites on many ships and the only thing different in the pictures here is the balcony furniture.  The big TV's have always been a part of the suite.  Same carpet, same furniture.  

I wish they had left the balcony furnishings alone on Equinox. We were in a RS with  hard reclining chairs with foot stools and two chairs without cushions at the table. Our butler did round up some cushions for us from the retreat deck but obviously they didn’t fit well and as they weren’t fixed they tended to slide off which was both uncomfortable and a little dangerous if you were trying to rest.

The cacti on the balcony were nice to look at but prevented the movement of the chairs...

We did ask the Retreat Manager to our suite to discuss. Not for our benefit but simply to highlight that in a suite you expect something more comfortable than metal to relax on. The chairs themselves would be acceptable if they had fitted cushions. We also clearly highlighted our disappointment on our review feedback.

Awaiting pictures of the Silhouette’s balcony furnishings....

5 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

The TVs in the CS on Equinox were much larger than previous times we have been there. The remotes were different, too. 

The planters on the balcony are a PAIN. They are fixed to the deck so they can't be moved out of the way. If they were in a corner it would be one thing. So many times I wished to move a chair into or out of the sun and the #$@% planter was in the way. 

12 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

The TVs in the CS on Equinox were much larger than previous times we have been there. The remotes were different, too. 

The planters on the balcony are a PAIN. They are fixed to the deck so they can't be moved out of the way. If they were in a corner it would be one thing. So many times I wished to move a chair into or out of the sun and the #$@% planter was in the way. 

The TV's pictured on this thread are the same size as the ones we had on Silhouette, Reflection & Eclipse, they are in the same place as before and fit into the space as they did before.  I haven't been on Equinox since 2016 but it seems to me they were also the same size as the ones pictured on this thread.

The planters sound awful...ugh...

• 2 weeks later...
My family and I (wife and two boys 4&7 yrs) will be in a celebrity suite on equinox in October...
Sad about the shortened dry dock but excited for our first suite class and experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know about the couches in the living room area? One of them folds out into a bed I believe... is that right?
Our boys can sleep together or maybe we’ll bring a little blow up bed the the little one
We did that on ovation of the seas in May
Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The couch in our CS pulled out to a full size bed. You can also ask for a fold away cot OR the boys could sleep on the L-shaped couch as it's big enough for two adults to both lay down (I know because we took naps that way). It seemed that one of us ended up on the couch every night... I found it quite comfortable for sleeping.

On 2/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, Gracie115 said:

The TV's pictured on this thread are the same size as the ones we had on Silhouette, Reflection & Eclipse, they are in the same place as before and fit into the space as they did before.  I haven't been on Equinox since 2016 but it seems to me they were also the same size as the ones pictured on this thread.

The planters sound awful...ugh...

I looked and found a picture of the tv on Equinox... it's a little bigger. It SEEMED a lot bigger.

thumbnail.jpg

On 2/12/2020 at 7:21 PM, Cwspy said:

Search on you tube.....there is a video taken by a member of an Eqionox Facebook group. 

Celebrity Equinox Celebrity Suite cabin 1233 on the hump

I made this video. I'm also a poster here on Cruise critic