Oceana poor jacuzzi maintenance

Stu UK

Just completing the 7 night 16th Feb cruise on Oceana. Full review to follow next week. Overall a good albeit dated ship. However the state of the aft spa area jacuzzis is alarming. Onboard response is HQ won’t do anything. 

86538F98-A42A-4CC7-9FF6-71BF2F03CD61.jpeg

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

That is disgusting.  I would never get in a jacuzzi anyway.  Have always thought they bred germs.  I do swim though in the pool.

We have our own jacuzzi at home so are fully aware of the importance of proper maintenance and hygiene. Consequently we would never use a commercial one! 

2 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

Yukky!

I’ve never been in one.  It feels like you’d be sitting in someone else’s bath water ...

Isn’t there published research on the number of bacteria etc per drop in jacuzzi water?

Quite right Eddie11. That’s why we will only use our own as we know the water is clean and safe! 

I totally agree that this one is in a disgusting state.  I have however always used the whirlpool spas (for some reason they never seem to be proper jacuzzis on P&O) whilst on cruises and jacuzzis in hotels and have never had any sort of problem.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:51 PM, Stu UK said:

Just completing the 7 night 16th Feb cruise on Oceana. Full review to follow next week. Overall a good albeit dated ship. However the state of the aft spa area jacuzzis is alarming. Onboard response is HQ won’t do anything. 

86538F98-A42A-4CC7-9FF6-71BF2F03CD61.jpeg

Presumably as there does not appear to be any water in it, it is not being used. If and when it returns to service, I guess it will be cleaned thoroughly to remove any health risk. 

20 hours ago, crompton21 said:

Would you service your car just before you sell it?

20 hours ago, eddie11 said:

That thought passed through my mind too ... 🙁

Mine also.

I wonder if Marella are interested in Oceana as I understand that they are looking to acquire additional ships.

Have to agree that the jacuzzi shown in the photograph is simply disgusting. I wasn't overly impressed with Oceana when we sailed on her but things seem to have been allowed to go further down hill by the seems of it.

Never mind two new bright shiny mega ships on the horizon, which is what the public want apparently. 

39 minutes ago, AchileLauro said:

...I wonder if Marella are interested in Oceana as I understand that they are looking to acquire additional ships...

But there are still a few ex/RCI stable ships that could be transferred over to Marella - i.e. Empress and Majesty of the Seas plus the four Vision Class ships.

26 minutes ago, Britboys said:

But there are still a few ex/RCI stable ships that could be transferred over to Marella - i.e. Empress and Majesty of the Seas plus the four Vision Class ships.

I agree that since RCI have a 50% share in TUI cruises it is much more likely they will want to move the older RCI and Celebrity stock over to Marella. 

I suppose its possible that Carnival might want to move Oceana to P&O Australia, although there was recent talk that Golden and Star Princess might go there, which leaves Oceana rather homeless.

30 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I agree that since RCI have a 50% share in TUI cruises it is much more likely they will want to move the older RCI and Celebrity stock over to Marella. 

I suppose its possible that Carnival might want to move Oceana to P&O Australia, although there was recent talk that Golden and Star Princess might go there, which leaves Oceana rather homeless.

Golden Princess joins P&O Australia in October this year as Pacific Adventure and Star Princess joins in November next year as Pacific Encounter.  P&O Australia have sold the older, smaller Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria to CMV for their British and German markets respectively.