Navigator App

richwmn

Earlier this evening I was looking at the Navigator App and found something interesting. If you tap "more" at the bottom right, then "my account", then "bookings" you will see your complete history with HAL.  At the bottom of each entry there is a link "VIEW STATEMENT'. This will bring up your on board account for that cruise.  Mine has a bunch missing, but most are there. It was interesting to see how much I spent on each of my early cruises.

Rich

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Earlier this evening I was looking at the Navigator App and found something interesting. If you tap "more" at the bottom right, then "my account", then "bookings" you will see your complete history with HAL.  At the bottom of each entry there is a link "VIEW STATEMENT'. This will bring up your on board account for that cruise.  Mine has a bunch missing, but most are there. It was interesting to see how much I spent on each of my early cruises.

Rich

Now that’s interesting, Rich

I know what I spend (and it’s too much) but I’m going to take a look.

thanks for the added insight 🙂 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 5:03 PM, richwmn said:

Earlier this evening I was looking at the Navigator App

Where do you find this app? I remember reading about it quite awhile ago and forgot about it because I thought you could only use it on the ship. Is it something you can use at home? Thanks for any info. 🙂

13 minutes ago, PSR said:

Where do you find this app? I remember reading about it quite awhile ago and forgot about it because I thought you could only use it on the ship. Is it something you can use at home? Thanks for any info. 🙂

On Android it is available in the Play Store, just search for Holland America Line and select Navigator. I believe it is the same on Apple, but I don't have one.

Yes, although it is mostly for use on the ship there are functions available for use at home. When the app first comes up it shows you a countdown to your next scheduled cruise. It also shows your cruise history as mentioned. Seems like a couple more things, but I don't recall right off.

Enjoy

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks Rich, just put it on my phone! Like others, my earliest bookings' statements don't show, the latest are all in the last 10 years.

For mine, about half of my cruises from 2000 - 2007 show up, from 2008 forward they all seem to exist.

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

On Android it is available in the Play Store, just search for Holland America Line and select Navigator. I believe it is the same on Apple, but I don't have one.

Yes, although it is mostly for use on the ship there are functions available for use at home. When the app first comes up it shows you a countdown to your next scheduled cruise. It also shows your cruise history as mentioned. Seems like a couple more things, but I don't recall right off.

Enjoy

Thanks for the info! Just read your post...I have Apple-will try to get the app.

My first HAL cruise, I see, had a last minute minibar charge that I'm suspicious of. Probably too late to address, as it's 2011, and the Westerdam!

Another useful thing on the app is the cruise mapper, which shows the positions of HAL's ships and I use to tell at a glance if the Westerdam's left Cambodia (it had not).

Edited by Wehwalt

On 2/23/2020 at 5:03 PM, richwmn said:

Rich

Good morning Rich!!! (From San Diego)

Thank you for giving the information!!

Both DH and I downloaded on our I Phones👍 A lot of good info. This is so much better than the app we had in 2018

in South America!

GOOD CALL RICH! 
Denise😊

Apple.  Even updated just now.. September Zuiderdam cruise would only show my daily statement (of course). No other functions. Even with front desk help (two different people) it consistently said no one with my name or birthdate on board!  However, January on NS all worked fine but never tried history. 

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, Chickadee910 said:

I use my navigator all year round to check out excursions watch temperatures where the ship is I’m joining. Check menus,even days until next cruise.

I thought it was only useful onboard.   Neat.    I was able to check in and my boarding passes are on my phone