CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

24 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

I still think 26 is my family’s buy back target. The beating is lower today relative to the market as a whole. I noticed fares went down significantly the last month or it does make me wonder if management saw crunch coming.

All of my cruises that I have currently booked 2020 and 2021 are either the same or have increased as much as $200.00 None of them have decreased at all.

• Like 3

Carnival is the largest cruise company in the world.  It is well diversified in destinations, ships and price levels.  Like everything else that affects the markets the news about the virus will eventually improve, as will the price of all cruise line stocks. 

• Like 2

While I think about my paper losses, they don't matter since I'm not planning to sell. I bought my 100 shares after the Costa ship sank. Hard to believe that was nearly 14 years ago. I've more than made back my investment in dividends and onboard credits over the years. I do feel sorry for the people who paid more than double. It will take a long time for them to recoup their investments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Every day I am considering buying.  It shows 31.85 right now.  I wonder if it will drop below 30.

If I could tell that type of information in advance, I'd be sailing on my own private yacht and not concerning myself with OBC...:classic_tongue:

pegasus-viii1.jpg.b8824ad9c9aa0e34ebc2d5685233c8e2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, lottiegreen56 said:

I still think 26 is my family’s buy back target. The beating is lower today relative to the market as a whole. I noticed fares went down significantly the last month or it does make me wonder if management saw crunch coming.

That is around my buy too. 

I may buy after the financial report or after the covid 19 is declared a pandemic. We have community spread here in the states already, and the panic is about to rally imo. 

Edited by Farts
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lottiegreen56 said:

interesting, I was looking at journeys and they all seem to have gone down 1-300 on all of them 

Well it wold be nice if mine did drop. I am talking about Carnival, Royal and Princess that I have booked long ago. I always get early saver. maybe that is why.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Bought 13 shares at $40 and 87 at $38 when saw it dropping and already lost several $'s. Going to set buy at $25 and see if snag another 100 shares.

I originally had a mental target of 25 but think I'll wait to see if support in the low twenties holds.  If that floor breaks it's watch out below.  All in my opinion of course.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I originally had a mental target of 25 but think I'll wait to see if support in the low twenties holds.  If that floor breaks it's watch out below.  All in my opinion of course.

Had a limit buy set at $40 for the longest time and when it went below it purchased. Went ahead and got 87 more. Now wished had waited. I may set the limit at $22 and see but I just don't think it will go there.

• Like 1

In my very unlearned opinion,  if another disasterous quarantine situation happens, like the Diamond Princess,  the bottom is going to fall out of the cruise industry.  People are already looking to cancel their cruises left and right. And the pandemic is not even close to peaking.  The travel industry is already making all kinds of concessions to accommodate travelers.  All that costs money.  No one can even begin to guess how this will all shake out. But IMHO. the worst is yet to come. 

• Like 2

I ended up purchasing 100 shares today in two transactions averaging $32.92 a share.  Even if it doesn't pay a dividend this year (which I highly doubt that it won't), the $100 onboard credit for each of our two cruises would amount to just over 6% return.  That's much more than it was making sitting in savings.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

In my very unlearned opinion,  if another disasterous quarantine situation happens, like the Diamond Princess,  the bottom is going to fall out of the cruise industry.  People are already looking to cancel their cruises left and right. And the pandemic is not even close to peaking.  The travel industry is already making all kinds of concessions to accommodate travelers.  All that costs money.  No one can even begin to guess how this will all shake out. But IMHO. the worst is yet to come. 

I don't think it would even take a quarantine situation. If cases start spreading rapidly there will be many cancellations, etc . So far there hasn't been much panic in the US............yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farts said:

First covid 19 death in the states. I wonder if we are at an inflection point here in the states before mass panic breaks out and the stock plummets soon after. 

Think we are already beyond pre plummet in regards to stock.   

• Like 1

I am interested in purchasing CCL stock, yet need some advice.  I have Disney stock at this time, and would like to maybe sell some of it to buy the minimum CCL for the OBC.  I have never bought/sold, and have NO idea what to do (the stock was a gift...).  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, disneyfan551 said:

I am interested in purchasing CCL stock, yet need some advice.  I have Disney stock at this time, and would like to maybe sell some of it to buy the minimum CCL for the OBC.  I have never bought/sold, and have NO idea what to do (the stock was a gift...).  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!  

I purchased it last week.  Before, I had only done funds, mainly in my retirement account, but never individual stocks.  I did an account online with TD Ameritrade, funded it with a transfer from my checking account and purchased the stock later that day.  Very simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I purchased it last week.  Before, I had only done funds, mainly in my retirement account, but never individual stocks.  I did an account online with TD Ameritrade, funded it with a transfer from my checking account and purchased the stock later that day.  Very simple.

Second this idea, exactly what we did when we first purchased.  Of course we have done a lot of selling and re-purchasing as of late, lol.  Easiest way to do a transaction as described above. Would like to purchase another 100 in the $20 range to offset some of the higher purchases, but we are in it for the long-haul and OBC.

• Like 3