RCL Share Price

Moby Jones

I don't understand why the morally outraged one doesn't understand that people can not only be worried about the safety of their loved ones, themselves, feel empathy for those people struck with the virus AND continue to get on with their day to day lives as well all at the same time. 

I'm sure those monitoring stock prices and exploring other investment opportunities are also concerned about those who may be struck down with coronavirus any minute. Especially as each and every one of us will have family and friends in the high risk categories too. 

3 minutes ago, JimInBuffalo said:

I jumped in on Friday and bought my first batch of RCL. I am going to buy more on Monday. I admit it is mostly a gut feeling based on my experience with the company and  reviews with other cruisers like those on this site. I do believe that RCL will come back. Not to the level it had previously, but it will be enough to provide a goo ROI. I am also betting on the the OBC sticking around as well as the dividend but due to the recent drop, everything could change in the next few months. It was nice that the stock went up a bit at the end of the day of Friday but we will have to wait and see.

As noted above, no one should buy these stocks unless you have to where with all to sustain losses on the amount that you invest. If you want something safe, go with mutual funds. There are a lot of bargains now and to come in the next few months.

Mutual funds, as a whole, aren't safe. They are usually a collection of stocks, spread out over different areas so you don't have all your eggs in one basket, so to say. My IRA is made up of mutual funds and it is down considerably, but nowhere near as much as RCL stock. Eventually it will come back, as it has the 40+ years I've been in the market.

4 hours ago, az_tchr said:

Moby - if Alaska goes away until at least July and Europe probably gone till fall, what is RCL worth then. In 2009 it went under $10.

No predictions but I ask is there more good news or bad news coming?  Important that X has committed billions of dollars in new construction and returns - how much of that can be delayed?  How fast will passengers return when this is over?  Since the higher risk of cruising to older passengers has been shown; will some older passengers not return?  Will that investments are down some 1/3 effect cruising?  Is the US govt offering aid?

Without getting into a technical discussion it appears there is a large possibility for a continued decline in the next 90 days.  Hearing BK mentioned by brokers is not a good sign.

I'm guessing like everyone else is. But I'd expected some extended travel bans further impacting revenues. 

I do think RCL group  has some very loyal customers across their brands. You only need to read the X, RCL and AZ boards to see that. Cruising has become more popular in recent times and the newer and larger ships we're seeing on order proves that beyond doubt. The take up of the FCC offers seems fairly strong here on cruise critic and in the facebook groups I'm in which I think is a good sign for the industry long term. 

The US government will not in my opinion bail out companies register in the likes of Liberia. I'd be amazed if they did! 

I'm sure some people will be put off. My father in law is already wanting to cancel a cruise he's on with us in october...

So, again I'm just guessing but I'd expect to see further volatility in cruise and airline stocks. I'd just add DON'T but if you think you'll continue to earn a good dividend and DON'T buy because of the shareholder perks. Only buy if you can afford to lose 100% of your investment too because there is a possibility that these large cruise companies could go bankrupt if coronavirus surprises us all and last for much longer than we all hope for. It's unlikely but right now, no one knows. 

• Like 1

I don't know Yorky, but believe her to be a sincere and caring person. However, I see her post as based on emotion rather than logic. Of course stock advice concerning RCL is quite appropriate for these boards sice it deals directly with Celebrity's decisions and prospects. Being sensitive to the troubles of others and thinking about my own financial decisions are not mutually exclusive.,  In fact some use their financial success as a means to help others. The more they make, the more they give. I know several frequent cruisers who have established charitable foundations. Are some people greedy? Of course there are, but most people I've encountered are the opposite

• Like 3

Cleveland just shutdown all bars and restaurants yet they can still make food for carry out/delivery; all affected workers can apply for unemployment.  We're far from the bottom.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/gov-dewine-shuts-down-all-bars-and-restaurants-carry-out-still-allowed

• Like 1

Barrons, a usually rational publication, ran a full page piece this week on the cruise industry.  Less negative than I expected.  Here's link to the online version

https://www.barrons.com/articles/batten-the-hatches-cruise-line-investors-the-industry-faces-a-tough-but-surmountable-slog-51584113133?mod=past_editions

Rumour coming out of the City of London saying that RCL are in trouble and could fold.

Personally I do not think so. And I think it is false.

We will see when the markets open.

Edited by isdoo

3 minutes ago, isdoo said:

Rumour coming out of the City of London saying that RCL are in trouble and could fold.

Personally I do not think so. And I think it is false.

We will see when the markets open.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2020/03/12/could-royal-caribbean-stock-double-after-coronavirus/

12 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

Check the two blue stocks in a sea of red on a difficult day for the stock markets. Interesting for sure. 

Shares.jpg

Very interesting.  Wondering if most are closing out Their short position.  I know I have been debating it given all the super bad news is past us.  Still have the uncertainty of when they will start cruising and the remote possibility of bankruptcy, but in terms of bombshells,  we are past the initial barrage and now in for the long term war.  Also the remote possibility of a bailout (don’t think it’s happening but could) could drive it up some as well.

• Like 1

I don't think RCL will become Zero.

Base on history from the two bear market 2009 and 2020

RCL High 33 and Low is 5 in 2009

I predicted the Low will be around 20 as the High of 2020 is 135

This is solely my own opinion and any one who follows this advise as investment will be on your own risk.

I was lucky to get out of this stock at $118

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, verizon said:

I don't think RCL will become Zero.

Base on history from the two bear market 2009 and 2020

RCL High 33 and Low is 5 in 2009

I predicted the Low will be around 20 as the High of 2020 is 135

This is solely my own opinion and any one who follows this advise as investment will be on your own risk.

I was lucky to get out of this stock at $118

Looking like the 20 bet is right. My $22.50 put in June volume is picking up.  Looking like people rolling puts out a bit.

23 minutes ago, josh.vincent.180 said:

Trump proposing $50B in airline relief, cruiselines $0.  This has a lot more to drop.

I heard where the airlines said that is what they would need, didn’t hear anyone say they were going to get it. 

mac_tlc

If bankruptcy and restructuring is a real possibility, then all the FCC are going to be worthless. Then thousands of us holding these FCC will be out a lot of money. But the time to start worrying about this will be when the stock moves towards worthlessness; IMHP this is not going to happen. Last week I had a buy at 241/2 and then changed it to 191/2 which I hope it never reaches!

Hal

Just now, HS2BS said:

If bankruptcy and restructuring is a real possibility, then all the FCC are going to be worthless. Then thousands of us holding these FCC will be out a lot of money. But the time to start worrying about this will be when the stock moves towards worthlessness; IMHP this is not going to happen. Last week I had a buy at 241/2 and then changed it to 191/2 which I hope it never reaches!

Hal

Right now RCL is a $6B dollar company who is $10B in debt.

Yes I am scheduled to sail on Summit on April 25th, I will not move my sailing as if Royal cancels I am asking for a refund. Right now I have 2 deposits of on RCL Mariner in Sept and Freedom in Nov.

I have a put call of $22.50 for June 2020, the volume is starting to increase.  

If RCL hits $15, then it will be a $3B company with probably $11B in debt. Its only option is Bankruptcy.

• Like 1

I’m in agreement with your figures!

We have b2b already fully paid for in May, a booking in August for a transatlantic from Dublin to Boston, booking in October from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale, and a booking for South America in January 2021, also a booking to Australia in September 2021.

So our risk level in Celebrity defaulting would be at an unheard level. May cruises are more than likely to be canceled and we’ll have to see if there is a monetary refund or fcc, August we already decided to cancel in mid April prior to final payment, again will it be refund or fcc. I’m sure there are dozens of cruisers that are in the same situation and waiting to evaluate the outcome.

Hal

1 hour ago, josh.vincent.180 said:

Trump proposing $50B in airline relief, cruiselines $0.  This has a lot more to drop.

In the case of RCL, they paid out $163,000,000 in dividends the first quarter this year. That equates to $652,000,000 per year. Until the eliminate the dividend and suspend the stock owner obc, giving them a bail out would be a joke.