RCL Share Price

Moby Jones

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Sub $50; currently $47.84.  BTW, is it true that you can buy the stock and sell it at anytime but you still received the shareholder OBC?

Per RCL -  https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

The shareholder must own the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. stock at time of sailing.

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks, I found the info within the FAQ:

1)  Copy of your shareholder proxy card or

2)  A current (60-90 days) brokerage statement or

3)  A current (30-60 days) trade confirmation or

4)  A letter from your broker on broker related letterhead showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd

Once you receive the the trade confirmation within the timeframe noted above, you are free to sell the stock assuming you don't want to hold it.

Per T&C you may want to check your statement that you can sell the stock you don't want to hold it.

8. Are there any restrictions?
Show Less

Shareholder benefit offer applies to bookings made on or after June 1, 2019. Onboard credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy, one shareholder credit per stateroom, and one credit per shareholder per sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom booked must be held. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare receive full onboard credit value. Onboard credit may not be used for onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. Any unused credit after the final night of the sailing shall be forfeited and is not redeemable for cash. Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with interline rates, travel agent rates, and employee friends and family rates. Benefit cannot be redeemed for chartered sailings or complimentary sailings. Taxes, fees and port expenses are additional and apply to a guests. The shareholder must own the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars except on sailings where the onboard currency used is a foreign currency (in which case the onboard credit will be converted at a currency exchange rate determined by the cruise line). Onboard credit amount is credited to shareholder’s stateroom folio at time of sailing. Other terms and conditions may apply. Prices and offers are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Per RCL -  https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

The shareholder must own the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. stock at time of sailing.

Thanks, I just posted.  So here's the trick if you didn't wish to hold the stock, you purchase 100 shares within the between 3 weeks and 90 days prior to the sailing, submit your confirmation within 3 weeks of the sailing and you're free to sell the stock or if you really wish to follow the unenforced rule, sell it after the sailing.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

$48.27 close today.  Sorry for all who have been hit by the massive drop, but it WILL come back.  After hour trading it is at $50.00

I will admit to being a bottom feeder and got it today at $48.25 for a long term hold. Now waiting for my confirmation of purchase to apply to my upcoming cruise.

10 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

Wow, from $135 in January to under $60.  
if it RCL drops to sub$10 I’m buying $100 share for each of my kids.  

Bough mine in the mid$20’s in 2011 or 2012, don’t remember.  Have only gotten the OBC once, but sure have liked the dividend!  My latest three cruises all denied the OBC.  Maybe the 21-22 cruises will get the OBC.

As for people leaving the company, Virgin has been heavily recruiting.  For others?  Ran into a drink waitress at Cafe Al Bacio who came from Costa and said Celebrity was way better in terms of money and culture.

Their bottom line will be being hit hard by current events. I believe this will make it even harder to obtain the shareholder OBC in the coming months and years. 

7 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

$48.27 close today.  Sorry for all who have been hit by the massive drop, but it WILL come back.  After hour trading it is at $50.00

I will admit to being a bottom feeder and got it today at $48.25 for a long term hold. Now waiting for my confirmation of purchase to apply to my upcoming cruise.

Nice entry point.No one knows when is the bottom.

Edited by verizon

On 2/26/2020 at 4:49 PM, ghstudio said:

I'm sure there will be vaccines, drugs developed quickly....but would you make the final payment on a cruise today or next month?  Would you even take a "deal" on a cruise in early summer if folks do cancel out? 

I would.  A week or so ago we decided on a whim to book a Virgin cruise departing 4/1, so had to pay in full at booking.

We also have a Med cruise in July and have given the TA our info for final payment, though I don't recall the date it will process.  A few weeks ago we saw Sky Suites had opened up on that sailing for a lot less than they had been when we booked last fall so we upgraded.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:16 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I'm doing a little price averaging and picked up some shares in after hours for $79 this afternoon.  

On 3/9/2020 at 3:33 AM, Moby Jones said:

Well they closed yesterday at $65.01 an apparent 5 year low.

We bought yesterday at $52.

18 hours ago, verizon said:

Can someone please post here when is safe to get in?

No, no one can post that because they don't know.  It's impossible to know.  Buying stocks is a gamble so there is no guaranteed "safe" time to buy.  It's always a risk and everyone has different levels of risk tolerance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Algebralovr said:

Wow, from $135 in January to under $60.  
if it RCL drops to sub$10 I’m buying $100 share for each of my kids.  

Bough mine in the mid$20’s in 2011 or 2012, don’t remember.  Have only gotten the OBC once, but sure have liked the dividend!  My latest three cruises all denied the OBC.  Maybe the 21-22 cruises will get the OBC.

As for people leaving the company, Virgin has been heavily recruiting.  For others?  Ran into a drink waitress at Cafe Al Bacio who came from Costa and said Celebrity was way better in terms of money and culture.

why would they refuse the OBC?

Also can someone help clarify what the OBC can be used for - this statement leaves me with questions...Onboard credit may not be used for onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities.   So does this mean we can't use the OBC to pay for the staff gratuities, nor drinks or their gratuities?  Also it sounds like you can't use the OBC to prebook a massage, but it would be ok to use if you booked that massage once onboard?   Thanks!

1 minute ago, Life Buoy said:

There is an old adage: "Don't try to catch a falling knife". That could well be applied to RCL stock today.

Yep, $40, $24, $7 are the areas of support.  Which means there was a large amount of trading in this period where people in theory will be losing "profits". 

So do the cut to protect basis, or buy to support.

3 minutes ago, josh.vincent.180 said:

Yep, $40, $24, $7 are the areas of support.  Which means there was a large amount of trading in this period where people in theory will be losing "profits". 

So do the cut to protect basis, or buy to support.

Thanks I will dollars in start at 40

Price now is 45.51

So that will make up 300 shares.

Edited by verizon

4 minutes ago, verizon said:

Thanks I will dollars in start at 40

Its still a failing knife into a black swan, so I cant tell your for sure if this is good or not.

The chart I am watching, RSI is 10 - normally anything under 30 was good buy, doesnt mean it can get closer to 0.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/RCL/xxF7fLSS-RCl/

1 hour ago, skatie said:

Also can someone help clarify what the OBC can be used for - this statement leaves me with questions...Onboard credit may not be used for onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities.   So does this mean we can't use the OBC to pay for the staff gratuities, nor drinks or their gratuities?  Also it sounds like you can't use the OBC to prebook a massage, but it would be ok to use if you booked that massage once onboard?   Thanks!

That may be old, not sure where you got it.     

I had a OBC applied to 2 reservations about a week ago and they show up immediately in my curies planner and have already used them for my upcoming cruise.  

Just now, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Any one know how RCL can be tanking (maybe halted at this time?) but Carnival (same industry) is up.

After all, Carnival owns Princess and may have to deal with law suits from trapped passengers in the long run.

Is there bad news on RCL?

Debt - Carnival has 67%, RCL is at 100%.

Carnival is rated above junk, RCL is Junk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Life Buoy said:

Trump just announced that: "we will help the cruise line industry". Let's see how this affects the stock.

What he means HELP is not to let the stock tank to zero.

Fundamental still won't improve if Virus not under control.

Edited by verizon

2 hours ago, josh.vincent.180 said:

Debt - Carnival has 67%, RCL is at 100%.

Carnival is rated above junk, RCL is Junk.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/markets/royal-caribbean-may-be-cut-to-junk-by-s-26p-on-virus-travel-impact/ar-BB10ZQoD

Not junk yet, but close.Moodys rating is one notch higher than S&P. 

BTW, these ratings are brought to you by the same entities that were rating mortgage bonds in the 2007-08 time frame. 😳😳