⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not likely, the program is wasted on us.

Definitely have had fun, though

Is that because you have most of the perks already as a pin? I just reached Diamond on our last cruise. We've only sailed in Star Class just curious as to your thoughts.

Also regarding the Royal Up post you made, do you have to be booked in a Sky class room to get Star Class offers? or any suite class booking can see the Star Class offers?

I always love your posts while cruising. Thanks!

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:38 PM, John&LaLa said:

Bella says goodnight

20200308_155956.thumb.jpg.135e61b65b87918f79625f748854293e.jpg

Ok - I almost always delete pictures so not to make the post so long, but OMG!!!  Too dang cute!!  

Happy Birthday to the pretty birthday lady!!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not likely, the program is wasted on us.

Definitely have had fun, though

2 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

Is that because you have most of the perks already as a pin? I just reached Diamond on our last cruise. We've only sailed in Star Class just curious as to your thoughts.

Also regarding the Royal Up post you made, do you have to be booked in a Sky class room to get Star Class offers? or any suite class booking can see the Star Class offers?

I am wondering this too. Wondering if a cruiser as Gold (or Emerald) would benefit of it.

3 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

46 minutes ago, Djuku said:

I am wondering this too. Wondering if a cruiser as Gold (or Emerald) would benefit of it.

Partially. As a Pin we get priority seats, no need for reservations, up to 3 bottles of wine, CK access, SL access, etc..

I just can't eat or drink this much. Honestly love the room even though it vibrates like crazy. 

I may look for a good deal on a 2 bedroom GS in the future and ala carte it for a lot less $$$, or just book two connecting cabins.

Not sure if a JS can bid on STAR 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

even though it vibrates like crazy. 

LOL it sure does! We were on Harmony during hurricane Irma, Maria, Jose etc... got held out for an additional week. Every the ship docked it felt like an earthquake. Love that room though. We stay in the Villa Suite now (6 times) and prefer it over the Aqua Theater room.

Are your cocktails complimentary in the CK suite lounge during the evening hours?

2 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

LOL it sure does! We were on Harmony during hurricane Irma, Maria, Jose etc... got held out for an additional week. Every the ship docked it felt like an earthquake. Love that room though. We stay in the Villa Suite now (6 times) and prefer it over the Aqua Theater room.

Are your cocktails complimentary in the CK suite lounge during the evening hours?

Yes, as well as beer and wine 11-11 on Oasis ships

• Like 1

We're booked in a JS on Harmony in May (fingers crossed we go) and the other day I received the Royal Bid upgrade offer and the included offers were all full suites.  There were three one-bedroom GS the other day; sold out now.  

Last year, we had a D1 (oceanview, large balcony) on Anthem, and out upgrade e-mail included full suites as well.  

Maybe it has to do with C&A tier?  We're D.  As of this morning fares had increased by almost $1k since we booked last Spring.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, as well as beer and wine 11-11 on Oasis ships

But it doesn't matter when there is happy hour or beverages in lounges since you have the deluxe beverage package included in STAR class right John ?

Last night's water fountain show.  Note the color lights on the stage.  More on that below.

al-day10-1.jpg

Threading the needle.

al-day10-2.jpg

The Captains ends his daily noon announcement with "All is well aboard Allure of the Seas".  Tonight he backed up that comment by placing a happy face in the Aqua Theater. #CaptainsWhoUseEmojis

al-day10-3.jpg

Tonight's sunset. 

al-day10-4.jpg

al-day10-5.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Star Class is really an all inclusive ticket and the beverage package is above the deluxe. Starbucks and the candy/ice cream shop are included too. We have received bottles of Dom included as well.

Nice to read. Once, when I win the lottery, I will consider it. 🙂 

1 minute ago, twangster said:

C-MAP Boating.  

Looks good. I noticed the other screen shots on your earlier posts and it looks like you can get a lot more detailed information.

Thank you. Cheers!

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks good. I noticed the other screen shots on your earlier posts and it looks like you can get a lot more detailed information.

Thank you. Cheers!

As you zoom in you get depth contours and detailed harbor charts.  Pretty good app, for free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just downloaded it and going through the tutorial. Looks cool. Can't really do too much since I am not on a shop at the moment.

It's designed with pleasure craft in mind.  It's powered by Embark, the online version.  https://letsembark.io/core/map

OpenCPN is an Android equivalent that also runs on Windows or Mac.  That one accepts actual electronic charts and is very detailed.  

• Like 1