⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Good question. I wish I had the answer.

So does the company.  The uncertainty is not helping them.  I agree they are better positioned against BK than NCL is...but not indefinitely.  

Royal has approx 150,000 berths to fill across its brands...NCL capacity is around 25,000

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

How long is the storm for that they need to weather? 

John I hope you and your family have a safe and uneventful trip home. 

Thanks.

You'd miss me if I wasn't around 😁

As far as the stock. The entire purchase was a 3rd of the cost of this little jaunt. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Of course I would.  Impassioned word salad sparring on a website is one thing, but I follow your adventures and certainly wish you safety in travel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks.

As far as the stock. The entire purchase was a 3rd of the cost of this little jaunt. 😉

We would miss our Bella photos.

Another great live review and best wishes for a safe journey home.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

$41.91

I am considering getting in too. I just don't think it has bottomed yet but who really knows. And though I expect that RCI will get through this I'd like to not lose too much if some sort of bankruptcy protection sneaks in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I think I get the math, two more investments like that and you get a free cruise ? 🙂

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, twangster said:

Ultimate Panoramic Suites

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Star Suite, and some panoramic ocean views above the bridge

Ah I've seen a video about it on Oasis. 

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We were out of chips a few days ago, but Park Cafe has them now. Limit 2 per person, no exceptions, even for STAR

Does this rationing of food happens often on transatlantic sailings ?

19 hours ago, twangster said:

al-day12cert-1.jpg

Nice! Do they do this on all transatlantic sailings?

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

😕😮

Thanks @John&LaLa and @twangster for all the great pictures.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

Not sure how this will effect you?! Good luck 

I wonder if they will issue new commemorative certificates if they can't port in Spain?  I just read where Grandeur got turned away from St. Maarten and St. Thomas.  Maybe this is becoming the new normal in the short term.  Hope you guys find a port.

The Spanish government has announced a ban on all cruise ships stopping over at any of Spain's ports as from tomorrow (13 March) until 23.59 on 26 March. An exception will be made for cruise ships to allow passengers to disembark. This exception will apply until Sunday. Passengers who disembark cannot then return to ship.

There is also a ban on passenger ships coming from Italy for the same two-week period.

The prohibition could be extended beyond the fourteen days, the government saying that this will be dependent on how the coronavirus epidemic develops.

Source: Majorca site https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/international/2020/03/12/63989/spanish-government-bans-cruise-ships.html

My bold and underscore! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

The Spanish government has announced a ban on all cruise ships stopping over at any of Spain's ports as from tomorrow (13 March) until 23.59 on 26 March. An exception will be made for cruise ships to allow passengers to disembark. This exception will apply until Sunday. Passengers who disembark cannot then return to ship.

There is also a ban on passenger ships coming from Italy for the same two-week period.

The prohibition could be extended beyond the fourteen days, the government saying that this will be dependent on how the coronavirus epidemic develops.

Source: Majorca site https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/international/2020/03/12/63989/spanish-government-bans-cruise-ships.html

My bold and underscore! 

Hope that means Allure passengers can disembark. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Hope that means Allure passengers can disembark. 

Will let you know by day 39 when we got off.

In other news John and Laura's Star Class booking may prove to be the best ever Star Class decision ever made.     

Edited by twangster
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Just now, Biker19 said:

The ship will go to Cadiz and put everyone to work for her dry dock. Cabin carpet replacement will be everyone's optional excursion.

I've already applied for firewatch because I understand it's fascinating work.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, twangster said:

I've already applied for firewatch because I understand it's fascinating work.  

That will net you an extra 7 days on board during her first sailing after dry dock. Also, everyone will get double points for helping RCI get the ship ready for her Med season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We were expecting a list of gateway cities for US citizens.  Not a surprise really.  it has the potential to impact several flights though.  

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Meant as a joke.  My understanding is that the restrictions for closing Spanish ports may not apply to Allure but it's fluid with conflicting information so we'll see in the morning.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, twangster said:

eant as a joke.  My understanding is that the restrictions for closing Spanish ports may not apply to Allure but it's fluid with conflicting information so we'll see in the morning. 

Gotcha, you're good. I first saw the 39 and wondered what was going on and then saw the earlier post about Spain restrictions. After careful reading I would think they would let you disembark. Wishing you all the best in this crazy time.