⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

British Airlines check in was a cluster.  Two and half hours later I am through security and waiting for my flight to London.  

Was this your regularly scheduled itinerary or did you change it ?

mac_tlc

6 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Was this your regularly scheduled itinerary or did you change it ?

mac_tlc

Booked and ticketed yesterday.  Check in, bag drop and passport verification took 3 minutes.  The line to reach an agent took 2 hours.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

I see American Airlines is claiming they aren't price gouging.  They claim they have capped flight costs.  

My receipt says otherwise.  Flight home is more than twice the cost of the cruise.  

Interesting to get a firsthand report after hearing about this in the news, although the airlines have always had outrageous one-way fares between the US and Europe. Safe travels and let us know how you rank this TA versus others.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

British Airlines check in was a cluster.  Two and half hours later I am through security and waiting for my flight to London.  

Safe travels home Twangster.  Keep us posted on your further travels home.  Thanks for the amazing photos and helping John on this joint adventure.

I think you, and John’s crew will be some of the last guests on Allure for a long time.  Just a gut feeling I have. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

I'm so sorry John. The world has gone wonky. It is not the way we would have wanted anyone to end their cruise. But it is happening all over to cruisers at multiple ports. And we sincerely appreciate you taking us along to enjoy your sailing online. Thank you. Safe travels home. 

~Patti :classic_smile:

Yes safe journey. Make sure you bring a gift home for Belle. I mean she is like a kid.

In fact take a photo of your big return home but wipe down your suitcases and change clothes immediately and wipe down bottom of shoes as well. No bad germs for Belle

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

And safe travel to you and your camera and be thankful for the great cruises so far in last year you got to take. I am hoping to still take Symphony on April 25th but who knows.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I see American Airlines is claiming they aren't price gouging.  They claim they have capped flight costs.  

My receipt says otherwise.  Flight home is more than twice the cost of the cruise.  

Omg that is awful to hear.

Hope you have a window seat.

• Like 1

We made it to Hotel Continental early, and got a room right away. Even added Pat, he was supposed to be across the street, now he's down the hall.

Beautiful day on the Rambla, but we are enjoying from the hotel. Hope to go out in a few hours for dinner. No one wants to risk to much contact

• Like 9

Governor of RI just decreed that anyone that leaves the country, or left in the past two weeks, needs to self quarentine for two weeks after their return.

I don't think there will be many Rhode Islanders on cruise ships for a while. Glad I cruised in January.

• Like 3

We were supposed to be on Allure Eastern Caribbean in April 2020 before they moved up the dry dock, so we moved it up to December 2019 instead. We were also supposed to be on Oasis this month but rebooked that way out to 2022 in January. Strange how that worked out x2. Hoping the Allure return TA in November will be a go for us.

Pilot said we are landing in London but it isn't raining so I wasn't buying it.  

Maybe he was right after all.  

al-day13-1.jpg

In my Heathrow airport hotel now, flight to Dallas in the morning.  Passport has Spain same day entry and exit stamps so we'll see how this goes tomorrow.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 14

My daughter is in Madrid and has a flight home tomorrow.  She said that Spain will/has declared a state of emergency.  Not sure what that means.  Looks though like she will need to self-quarantine for 14 days after getting home since she has been in Spain.  Hope that doesn't apply to John, Twangster and others on the cruise.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My daughter is in Madrid and has a flight home tomorrow.  She said that Spain will/has declared a state of emergency.  Not sure what that means.  Looks though like she will need to self-quarantine for 14 days after getting home since she has been in Spain.  Hope that doesn't apply to John, Twangster and others on the cruise.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html

Madrid will close all bars and restaurants from Midnight tonight and will advise when they can re-open. It is hard to imagine Madrid without these. 

http://www.surinenglish.com/national/202003/13/madrid-closes-bars-restaurants-20200313141914.html

• Like 1