⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Believe you're in and out in T3 at LHR, that's my terminal 😁. If I was working today I would come and say hi, but I'm on day off. Safe travels home

Gate 31, Pat got tagged for secondary screening. No real virus screening going on. Typical questions about whete coming from and finsl destination. 

Looks like we are Miami bound.👍

• Like 13

32 minutes ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

This is not acceptable and they had better offer full refunds.

The entire summer programme for Allure of the Seas was sold on the premise of a amped ship with all new features and restaurants. 

I feel for you. It might head home

Spain has gone into lockdown; you got outta Dodge in time!

5 planes from UK to Spain have doubled back this morning.

My friend lives there and she has just written “Hola!  We are in lock down. Schools have closed and as we are a tourist town at risk of people coming in with the virus (such as Madrid) the town has been shut off. All bars, cafes shops etc shut except for chemists and food shops. We have to be house bound except for food shopping. Minimum 14 days!! Mercadona shelves are empty - luckily I did a massive shop the other day. Although maybe not enough vino!”

safe travels home x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's 6:15, boarding is at 7:15

At the SALA Lounge, fairly empty, lots of goodies. 

Another STAR couple is with us. I think they are headed to Indiana via Chicago

Safe travels.

There is a nice Harrods outlet at Heathrow plus nice beer.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

The entire summer programme for Allure of the Seas was sold on the premise of a amped ship with all new features and restaurants. 

Think positive: no ghastly purple carbuncle! 

I would hope they could still change a bit of decor in Jamie’s and knock through to Vintages? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, little britain said:

Think positive: no ghastly purple carbuncle! 

I would hope they could still change a bit of decor in Jamie’s and knock through to Vintages? 

Still unclear what the scope of work will be. Could be the bare minimum, or perhaps doing most of what they had planned except the new cabins (which aren't really considered part of the "amping" and wouldn't be missed by many). We shall see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cel_cruise said:

i am self quarantined in my house and even from my family ...no hugs for my kids yet etc.    We will all be home until 27 March anyway, but I plan to be Fairly isolated from them for at least 5 days (median symptoms show).    I wish I had a mask actually - as then I could be closer and worry less about accidentally breathing on them.   

Glad you made it home safe.  Do you have a bandanna or a scarf that you could use as a makeshift mask?  That at least might give you the peace of mind a bit.  Stay healthy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

They are doing what is best for their future right now. This is a financial disaster for  these cruise lines and it is probably not financially viable for them to invest huge amounts of money into refurbishing ships at this time.

if you don't want to sail on a non refurbished Allule then just cancel your booking.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Already had a stockpile of cat litter, dry cat food, and canned cat food.

Also already have plenty of TP, paper towels, hand sanitizer, food in freezer, generators, bread, eggs.  Could use some milk and gas for the generators.

Had all this before the panic started.  Just my normal stock up when it's on a super sale or clearance.

That is also how I operate.

Reminds me of a story about guy and his kitty litter buying habit.  On Black Friday, one of the pet super stores, but kitty litter at a ridiculous low prices.  Every year he has a standing order for PALLETS of litter, basically a year's supply.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

Very disappointing (as is so much of what is happening in the cruise industry this week)  We are booked on the Med 10/25 and TA B2B so we will have to determine what we will do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Spain has gone into lockdown; you got outta Dodge in time!

5 planes from UK to Spain have doubled back this morning.

My friend lives there and she has just written “Hola!  We are in lock down. Schools have closed and as we are a tourist town at risk of people coming in with the virus (such as Madrid) the town has been shut off. All bars, cafes shops etc shut except for chemists and food shops. We have to be house bound except for food shopping. Minimum 14 days!! Mercadona shelves are empty - luckily I did a massive shop the other day. Although maybe not enough vino!”

safe travels home x

I think you can get out of Spain, maybe just not in.  My daughter is in the air from Madrid to LHR.  Flight left 13:20 Madrid time and it appears (from the Iberia flight status screen) that flights later in the day are still a go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Safe travels John, Laura, Pat and Twangster! 

Please forgive me for highjacking:
We leave Freedom tomorrow and for the 1st time I’m worried. We’ve been in the Caribbean & as far as I know there has been no Covid 9 there. My home state has closed schools for 2 weeks and the gov declared a state of emergency. Friends have posted pictures of empty grocery shelves. I don’t mind self-quarantining, but we have to pick up our dog from the boarding facility. Our DIL is pregnant so I won’t let her anywhere near us. Am I getting too upset for the situation? 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think you can get out of Spain, maybe just not in.  My daughter is in the air from Madrid to LHR.  Flight left 13:20 Madrid time and it appears (from the Iberia flight status screen) that flights later in the day are still a go.

Problem is unless they ferry the planes back empty they will all be stuck abroad if cannot return

4 hours ago, bigeck said:

Royal Caribbean has decided to reduce the scope of the remodeling of the 'Allure of the Seas' at the Navantia Cádiz shipyard. The shipping company has postponed the renovation of the cabins and the intervention will be limited to the propulsion elements and the hull, according to sources from the shipyard.

The 'Allure of the Seas' plans to arrive this Sunday at Cádiz from Barcelona to start the beaching. With this reprogramming, the stay of the cruise ship in the Cádiz shipyard will be significantly reduced. On the other hand, the repair of the frigate 'Navarra' remains paralyzed waiting to know the results of the coronavirus test to the military man who was isolated this Thursday after noticing discomfort shortly after joining the guard. The personnel on board the ship were immediately evacuated and the work suspended.

For their part, the personnel on board the 'Carnival Victory' are waiting for Foreign Health to give them permission to disembark this Saturday after the permits were delayed when a crew member presented a cold box. The staff is also waiting to be able to land the containers with the debris from the demolitions carried out on board along the Atlantic crossing.

**google translate**

Edited by Plum Happy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Am I getting too upset for the situation? 

It's ok to be worried, just no need to panic.  Since you have been out of town, more than likely you did not have an opportunity to stock up on any item prior to sailing.  If your DIL has been doing this for you while out of town, well, bless her heart, for one thing.  But, either she or another family member can just leave those items outside the door for you to grab once she has left the area.  You may need to take advantage of places like Instacart and Amazon to get additional food items in the house.  They are also implementing policies to just leave items at the door, no need to sign.  Unfortunately, a big issue is toilet paper since everyone felt the need to stockpile enough for a year it seems.

For the pup, Chewy is an excellent source for pet food and delivery is usually very quick.

Just relax, take a breath, and try not to get too overwhelmed.  Very easy to do with all the media reporting.  You got this!  😊

Edited by jk04
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Safe travels John, Laura, Pat and Twangster! 

Please forgive me for highjacking:
We leave Freedom tomorrow and for the 1st time I’m worried. We’ve been in the Caribbean & as far as I know there has been no Covid 9 there. My home state has closed schools for 2 weeks and the gov declared a state of emergency. Friends have posted pictures of empty grocery shelves. I don’t mind self-quarantining, but we have to pick up our dog from the boarding facility. Our DIL is pregnant so I won’t let her anywhere near us. Am I getting too upset for the situation? 

Your cruise isn't canceled?

Cases have been confirmed in PR, STX, STM, Jamaica, Martinique, Aruba.

• Thanks 1

Re: the Allure amping....wonder what they're going to do with all of the materials that they have already staged - water slides, etc. ?  It seems as if they would have already paid for all of the materials and they would already be in place in Cadiz.  To me it doesn't seem to make sense not to install it at this point.  I suspect that this has more to do with lack of labor than with an attempt to save money.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Problem is unless they ferry the planes back empty they will all be stuck abroad if cannot return

I do not see a single flight canceled from London to Madrid for today. BAW flies wide bodies even on this route and a 777 from LHR just landed at Madrid Barajas.  

The Spanish 'State of Alarm' goes into effect first on Monday the 16th and there are no restrictions on movement until then. As tourism movement around Spain will not be allowed from Monday, they will want all the non-essential visitors to have the opportunity to leave the country. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, BlueHorizonUK said:

I am doubting that the ship will being sailing in Europe this summer as John mentions below.  Maybe mid to late season, but right now there are few if any countries wanting extra visitors.

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I feel for you. It might head home

2 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Very disappointing (as is so much of what is happening in the cruise industry this week)  We are booked on the Med 10/25 and TA B2B so we will have to determine what we will do.

The good thing is you are before final payment and you have time.  I'd sure like to think by October Europe will have settled

2 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

For me, the entire purpose of my summer cruise is to see Europe. I wasn’t anticipating a giant purple slide or tacos being the highlight. If it’s able to sail on the published itinerary, we will be on board. 

Thats the best way to look at it.  Tacos are good though.  I'd be missing Port Side BBQ if it wasn't added.

26 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Re: the Allure amping....wonder what they're going to do with all of the materials that they have already staged - water slides, etc. ?  It seems as if they would have already paid for all of the materials and they would already be in place in Cadiz.  To me it doesn't seem to make sense not to install it at this point.  I suspect that this has more to do with lack of labor than with an attempt to save money.

I tend to agree with you.  I'd think the materials would long be there waiting to be installed, unless the material never got to the ship yard in the first place, for example they are stuck in Italy or not even completed because of COVID.  

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I do not see a single flight canceled from London to Madrid for today. BAW flies wide bodies even on this route and a 777 from LHR just landed at Madrid Barajas.  

Good to know, but Jet2 has turned flights back mid air as per BBC news. All their flights cancelled to Spanish mainland, balaric islands and canary islands. Maybe ba and ib will continue for a day or two 

Edited by sgmn