⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

AA rebooked me on new connection except my new boarding pass was rejected by TSA.  New flight boards in 9 minutes at a different concourse.  Waiting in line out of security for AA to fix it.  

#DFWlife

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

AA rebooked me on new connection except my new boarding pass was rejected by TSA.  New flight boards in 9 minutes at a different concourse.  Waiting in line out of security for AA to fix it.  

What a complete Charlie Foxtrot.  Everything that COULD go wrong DID go wrong.

Well, at least you're back in the US.  Hope you made your connection.

• Like 2

Thanks twangster.  Very helpful info.  Like John, I'm guessing that my daughter will be the most informed person on her flight tomorrow to Chicago.  Maybe they will be better prepared to process people tomorrow but she has a couple of options if she misses her currently schedule flight from Chicago.  Patience I guess.  Not one of my strengths.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

What the heck was wrong with the boarding pass?

12 hours ago, bigeck said:

Update on Allure Amp

Royal Caribbean has decided to reduce the scope of the redevelopment of the 'Allure of the Seas' at the Navantia Cádiz shipyard. The shipping company has postponed the renovation of the cabins and the intervention will be limited to the propulsion elements and the hull, according to sources from the shipyard.
The 'Allure of the Seas' plans to arrive this Sunday at Cádiz from Barcelona to start the beaching. With this reprogramming, the stay of the cruise ship in the Cádiz shipyard will be significantly reduced.” Translated from:

12 hours ago, bigeck said:

11 hours ago, Pratique said:

Still unclear what the scope of work will be. Could be the bare minimum, or perhaps doing most of what they had planned except the new cabins (which aren't really considered part of the "amping" and wouldn't be missed by many). We shall see.

10 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

They are doing what is best for their future right now. This is a financial disaster for  these cruise lines and it is probably not financially viable for them to invest huge amounts of money into refurbishing ships at this time.

if you don't want to sail on a non refurbished Allule then just cancel your booking.

7 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Re: the Allure amping....wonder what they're going to do with all of the materials that they have already staged - water slides, etc. ?  It seems as if they would have already paid for all of the materials and they would already be in place in Cadiz.  To me it doesn't seem to make sense not to install it at this point.  I suspect that this has more to do with lack of labor than with an attempt to save money.

6 hours ago, MADflyer said:

It would sure be interesting to know the details on how this crisis is being handled. 

When they stated on Tuesday when the stock was tanking that they were cutting 2020 capital expenditures with $1.7 billion, I assumed immediately that meant the refurbishments were being cut. They had to get those exact numbers from somewhere. 

I would think they have had a team in place since at least Tuesday, if not earlier, that has been working non-stop on managing the changes. Their contact with Navantia shipyard is multi-ship and most likely had emergency clauses and as it is owned by the Spanish government was probably able to work with RCI quite quickly. 

I think the waterslides are the only USA produced material used in the Amplification and may have been on the ship. 

I would assume the other suppliers mostly from Sweden, Finland and France among others might actually be forced to take a hit on the cancelled refurbishments. 

So many speculations, gossiping and rumours. There is no official statement from Royal to be found. Allure dry dock session is scheduled to start on March 15.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

That was ridiculous.  Stood with CBP who asked me everything that was on the form.  He typed it all by hand.  20 minutes later he said “okay, good to go” and gave me this:

😅

Edited by Djuku

26 minutes ago, Djuku said:

So many speculations, gossiping and rumours. There is no official statement from Royal to be found. Allure dry dock session is scheduled to start on March 15.

Well that’s impossible since Spain has shut down the ports for 2 weeks.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

This was posted on Royal Caribbean blog page by Matt Hochburg.  

Local media reports in Spain say that Allure of the Seas was scheduled to undergo the Royal Amplification at the Navantia shipyard in Cadiz, Spain, but that has been postponed.

Spain's Council of Ministers announced that in an effort to avoid Coronavirus, cruise ships from any origin will not be permitted to visit Spanish ports between March 13 and 26.

No official word by Royal Caribbean on the impact, if any, on the timetable for Allure to rejoin the fleet. The delay in work may be mitigated by a number of other Coronavirus travel restrictions and port closures in Europe that have the entire European cruise season in doubt.

Once the work begins, Allure of the Seas will undergo a 58-day, $165 million transformation that will add new features, including the Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea; The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides, completely redesigned Adventure Ocean kids and teens spaces, the first Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar, and Music Hall.

Edited by texmex.ferr
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Nothing official from Royal Caribbean. The Royal Caribbean Blog is a fan page by blogger Matt that sometimes contains inaccurate information. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

This is not from official from Royal Caribbean. The blog is a fan page and not always completely accurate.  

Right.

The article by Matt is quoting the same Spanish 'news' website.

• Like 1

Just by coincidence the SOVEREIGN, former SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, the first "mega-ship" did happen to make a surprise visit just tonight to Cadiz to offload passengers.

Spain had a clause that allowed ships already at sea to be able to make a stop as long as all passengers immediately disembarked the ship by midnight on the 15th of March. 

The ship is carrying mainly  passengers mainly from Brasil with all 1888 being offloaded and bused to Lisbon for flights home. 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/cadiz/Atraca-ultima-hora-crucero-brasilenos_0_1446155807.html

• Like 1

I really have to ask this question with no disrespect, but are you and LaLa like the rock stars of Royal Caribbean?  Everyone that responds to your posts crack me up like your the 🤴 and 👸 of the RCCL brand of cruising.  BTW I do enjoy your posts.💁‍♀️

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, James4me said:

I really have to ask this question with no disrespect, but are you and LaLa like the rock stars of Royal Caribbean?  Everyone that responds to your posts crack me up like your the 🤴 and 👸 of the RCCL brand of cruising.  BTW I do enjoy your posts.💁‍♀️

Of course they are. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, James4me said:

they grow on ya.  One has a cute dog, and one has great Photos and stories.  

Over on NCL there is 3-4 posters that are well beloved too.

Forget DCL, that is the slowest and least busy forum

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1