⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I added my reaction so this dangling carrot can get cooked!

13 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Could I add 2 please

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was #10..spill it.

Fair enough, but give me an hour or so. Laura gave me a project

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Actually I want to go all the way back to the beginning. That was a lot of soda and energy drinks in your room! Is this something you guys requested or just the standard stocking of a Star suite? Was the wine included? I saw a later picture with a bottle of Caymus in it. I know that couldn't be included! We loved our sailing on Harmony last November, but since we have a high-maintenance cat and hate to over-burden the relatives, we decided to put off vacations for awhile. We did however book a Star Loft Suite on Allure for Feb, 2022. At the risk of being shallow, I'd love hearing about anything special or gifts or treats that you might have received. We've got a long time to wait.

20200301_123936.jpg.eaafde8d50a2795f32535b7793b30e6f.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

OK, I'm in too. Laura's project better be short. She has had your attention long enough.

As long as I've got your attention, what are the guidelines for using an old fashion mercury thermometer?

I have both kinds. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KittyKatKrazy said:

Actually I want to go all the way back to the beginning. That was a lot of soda and energy drinks in your room! Is this something you guys requested or just the standard stocking of a Star suite? Was the wine included? I saw a later picture with a bottle of Caymus in it. I know that couldn't be included! We loved our sailing on Harmony last November, but since we have a high-maintenance cat and hate to over-burden the relatives, we decided to put off vacations for awhile. We did however book a Star Loft Suite on Allure for Feb, 2022. At the risk of being shallow, I'd love hearing about anything special or gifts or treats that you might have received. We've got a long time to wait.

20200301_123936.jpg.eaafde8d50a2795f32535b7793b30e6f.jpg

That will be part of the overall STAR review coming tomorrow or so.

I also need to do my survey, it expires on Thursday night.

Sorry, but I brought the Caymus and the Morgan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

As long as I've got your attention, what are the guidelines for using an old fashion mercury thermometer?

I have both kinds. 😉

Don't break it on insertion... you have no idea what the hazmat team will have in store for you on clean up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"I'm Not Like You"  🤔

First off, I'm honestly surprised Rory got 23 likes so quickly. You people are messed up. I love it. 😉

Up to 30 now😇

So, we had Comedy Club reservations for 9pm on Day 3. This was the night we had the debacle of a dinner in the room, and Laura elected not to go and stayed behind with our dinner guest, Angela. Pat and I trekked off without her.

Checked in at the podium about 15 minutes before the show. The door keeper told us Jay had seats for us in the front, and in we went. (we found out later that Jay had stepped out to get drinks for another guest) At the front of the room there were 4 Genie towels and people on either side. Looking from the stage there was a woman on the right and a man on the right. I don't think Jay knew Laura wasn't coming, but I wasn't sure, so decided to figure out where Pat and I should sit. 

Approached the woman first and asked if she had someone next to her, she did, so she must have been STAR as well. So one towel belongs to them, three left. Ask the man on the right if he one of these seats is his, and then it began.

He proceeded to say, "I'm not like you, I'm a Pinnacle with 1,750 points." I was a little taken back, but we sat down and left a seat between us and him.  Almost immediately Jay shows up with cocktails for the other couple and asks if we'd like anything. Placed our order, told him Laura wasn't coming and we didn't need the seat. He grabbed the towels and off he went.

I started to say something to the man, but someone behind us must have been enthralled to be sitting next to RCL 'royalty' and proceeded to ask him his cruising life story. 🤣 This took 5 minutes. I began to stew. It started to end and I saw my opening. I said "Excuse me, but is there a reason you introduced your self by saying you have 1,750 cruise points? How does that make you different than me?" FWIW, I wasn't wearing my Pin, so he probably didn't know who I was or that I was also a Pinnacle club member, albeit not as many points as his highness. From here on, I'll paraphrase everything.

I then let him know that I was also Pinnacle, but never introduced myself like he did. He said something about he didn't have a problem sharing that info, but knew many did not. Then he tells me that in all his cruises he has never felt more unappreciated than he has on this cruise. I said he should have booked a suite since this cruise historically has a very high number of pins. That's why I booked STAR, didn't want to feel crowded. Then he says he couldn't cruise 20 times a year if he booked suites. Then he says it isn't right that first time cruisers can get better treatment than he does.  Now I know the issue.

He's mad that Pinnacles aren't allowed in CK for Breakfast and Lunch, and can only secure 3 reservations for dinner. Personally, as a Pinnacle Club member, I'd be fine with that. As a STAR Class passenger, I really don't care. So, that's what I said to him, and he shut down. Said something like I don't want to talk about it anymore. I definitely hit a nerve. About then Clint Eastwood sits down in the open seat and the show begins.

I ended up seeing him around the ship several times after that. I kept pointing out my new friend to Laura. 😉

We didn't go up to the SL very often, but every time I did, he was sitting in the same spot at the bar. This can be a very Pinnacle behavior amongst some of us.  If anyone deserves the designation NSPP, it's him.

BTW, there were something like 160 Pins onboard, so they split us up and I wasn't in his group. Missed him getting his 1750 recognition. He may have been the #2 or #3 to cruiser. We did get our 1190 block on this trip and I gave it to Pat.

That's my story, and I stand by it. I may cross post this on FB.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Don't break it on insertion... you have no idea what the hazmat team will have in store for you on clean up.

Thank you Captain Obvious

I was looking for guidelines on how to disinfect and how long it takes to get a reading.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We didn't go up to the SL very often, but every time I did, he was sitting in the same spot at the bar. This can be a very Pinnacle behavior amongst some of us.  If anyone deserves the designation NSPP, it's him.

The bar and the window seats. 

I had to say it  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Well, that was anticlimactic.  Just a I cruise more than you cruise story.  Some just need to strut their stuff, it is funny to watch and make them mad when you are not impressed.

At this stage in my life, everything is anticlimactic. 😉🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5