⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Anyone who has visited a ban country has to stay onboard and fill out a health form.  Others are free to go.  

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  Let the person who had just sat beside someone for 10 1/2 hours get up and walk out while holding back the other person.  SMH. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

Anyone who has visited a ban country has to stay onboard and fill out a health form.  Others are free to go.  

So it's up to a person's honesty level if they fill out the form or go? IMHO not good or how I thought this was being handled. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  Let the person who had just sat beside someone for 10 1/2 hours get up and walk out while holding back the other person.  SMH. 

That is true. However, the other side of the story is UK officials allowed people from risk areas and, supposedly, safe areas to be packed together on the same flight. If I had originated my travel in the UK I'd be a bit annoyed if I had to go through the same process as those who originated in mainland Europe all because authorities allowed mixing of the two groups. But once that mixing was allowed everyone should have been treated as a risk group.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

Curious as to what questions are on the health form and if someone who fills it out is not honest how would officials know?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, twangster said:

Would love to hear as much detail about the process once you're through it as you're willing to share...especially how much time it takes.  My daughter will go through it tomorrow in Chicago and I'd like to give her some advanced notice of what she will face.  She's got a 2.5 hour layover which would seem to be enough, unless the process takes a while.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is true. However, the other side of the story is UK officials allowed people from risk areas and, supposedly, safe areas to be packed together on the same flight. If I had originated my travel in the UK I'd be a bit annoyed if I had to go through the same process as those who originated in mainland Europe all because authorities allowed mixing of the two groups. But once that mixing was allowed everyone should have been treated as a risk group.

Agreed.  Still finding this all hard to believe on the numbers we are seeing.  Hard to believe that less than a month ago I was in Paris and Rome and everything was normal, there were under 20 cases in both countries.  We were asked a few questions on our return about having travelled through China but that was it other than when we landed in Rome on the 18th they were checking everyone’s temperature.

• Thanks 1

Looks like my 3 1/2 hour layover isn’t enough time.  45 minutes at Global Entry who sent me to the CDC penalty box.  I was 3rd when I got here, now about 30 more with me.  We are packed into close quarters where it’s impossible to maintain 6’.   If I end up with CV this will be where I get it.  No end in sight.  Missed my connection that boards shortly.  CBP apologizes saying this is the first day so they are learning as they go.  

Health declaration form below.  

9E0C6AF8-5EF9-4AD8-B826-2028B3B3636C.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Looks like my 3 1/2 hour layover isn’t enough time.  45 minutes at Global Entry who sent me to the CDC penalty box.  I was 3rd when I got here, now about 30 more with me.  We are packed into close quarters where it’s impossible to maintain 6’.   If I end up with CV this will be where I get it.  No end in sight.  Missed my connection that boards shortly.  CBP apologizes saying this is the first day so they are learning as they go.  

9E0C6AF8-5EF9-4AD8-B826-2028B3B3636C.jpeg

Sorry to hear of your missed flight and delay and hope you're able to get on another flight soon. Thanks, too, for being honest in where you had traveled and hope others were honest too. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, twangster said:

Thank you posting this. I appreciate very much you sharing your your experience with us in these uncertain times. I hope you will soon be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

Just talked to them.  Process seems to be larger parties first.  Families of four have priority over solo travelers.  They “promise” to get to me after the next family of four.  

We are three, kind of

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Sorry to hear of your missed flight and delay and hope you're able to get on another flight soon. Thanks, too, for being honest in where you had traveled and hope others were honest too. 

Fairly eady to tell where we've been I'd guess.

Passport stamped this morning in Spain

• Like 3

1 minute ago, twangster said:

That was ridiculous.  Stood with CBP who asked me everything that was on the form.  He typed it all by hand.  20 minutes later he said “okay, good to go” and gave me this:

E9ED8AE0-3C3F-4B3D-88FC-64165AE4392C.jpeg

Wow! any temperature screening? Hopefully the last hurdle and you'll be on your way soon.