Our Adventure on the Seas 02/23-02/29

CJDepew

3 hours ago, mook1525 said:

How was Almaplena? Do you have more pics? how long was the ride to get there?

Would kids enjoy Almaplena too?

Loved Almaplena. There were a handful of kids there who appeared to be somewhere between 8-12 years old. They seemed to be enjoying themselves. It is quiet, but the water is great and there's plenty of sand to dig in.

If you'd like more than what I've posted below I can see what I can dig up. Just let me know.

Here's a review I did on the Costa Maya port page.  

Edited by CJDepew
add info

Amazing how many pictures of the food you got  in Windjammer and the displays hadn't even been picked through yet............You must have been there as soon as the doors opened or you were working on the ship setting up the displays ?........Desserts were impressive!

We will be onboard in September New England/ Canada, our first for us on that itinerary.

Edited by Jimbo

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Amazing how many pictures of the food you got  in Windjammer and the displays hadn't even been picked through yet............You must have been there as soon as the doors opened or you were working on the ship setting up the displays ?........Desserts were impressive!

We will be onboard in September New England/ Canada, our first for us on that itinerary.

I got lucky on dessert day. Was just walking through as they'd finished putting things out. When I was finished eating and walked by again, it was still very neat, because passengers were served, rather than just going at it like marauding sugar fiends, but it was obvious that people were hungry.

In general, the buffets were very well kept. Containers were swapped out before being two thirds empty, and things were wiped down constantly. 

Enjoy your cruise. Both the ship and her crew were great.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:15 PM, Julieb5 said:

We set sail this Sunday March 8th.  Thank you so much for your trip report.  This got me so excited for our week on AOS 🙂

Us too. In Clearwater FL. this week visiting relatives. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 7:43 AM, CJDepew said:

Sadly, it was almost a giant disaster. We always self disembark. That morning I found out our flight had been bumped up from 10:10am to 8:25am.

You are aware of the fact that if an airline changes your departure or arrival time by more than 60 minutes, you are entitled to switch to any other flight they have departing on the same day using the same departure and arrival airports you originally booked right?  I would have been calling them to get that 8:25 flight moved later.  I have done this several times in the past when flight times changed by just more than an hour or they made our layover between flights too risky.  They usually are happy to accommodate you (they have to as well due to their rules)

27 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

You are aware of the fact that if an airline changes your departure or arrival time by more than 60 minutes, you are entitled to switch to any other flight they have departing on the same day using the same departure and arrival airports you originally booked right?  I would have been calling them to get that 8:25 flight moved later.  I have done this several times in the past when flight times changed by just more than an hour or they made our layover between flights too risky.  They usually are happy to accommodate you (they have to as well due to their rules)

No, I wasn't aware of that. My flying experience has been limited and this was the first time I've ever had a flight changed. Thank you for this information.

We will be on this ship at the end of the month. I do have a question about Johnny Rockets. Some of the ships now have pay for what you order, others that we have been on is pay one price for everything. How does the Adventure work? Thanks.

11 hours ago, CJDepew said:

No, I wasn't aware of that. My flying experience has been limited and this was the first time I've ever had a flight changed. Thank you for this information.

You may want to read this article and be aware of policies with different airlines regarding flight time changes and your rights to request a change of flights.  It is very worthwhile knowing.  Hope this helps you out in the future.  I would have been quite upset if they changed my flight like they did your flight and caused unwanted stress.

https://lifehacker.com/what-to-ask-for-if-an-airline-changes-your-flight-1839895475

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hannibal54 said:

We will be on this ship at the end of the month. I do have a question about Johnny Rockets. Some of the ships now have pay for what you order, others that we have been on is pay one price for everything. How does the Adventure work? Thanks.

Adventure is one price. Right now I think it is only the Quantum class ships that are ala cart.

• 6 months later...

I was on this sailing! We ended up at Nohoch Kay Beach club in Costa Maya. Also tried to visit Maya Chan but got the “no availability” response too. I’ve got it booked for the first week of February if we sail.

The weather in Cozumel was pretty chilly. So many of the locals were bundled up in winter jackets. We were supposed to dive but of course that was canceled.

• Like 1