Ports of call with Coronavirus

16 hours ago, Cruisehound1 said:

I would like to know if RCCL is still visiting ports in Italy that have been compromised by the coronavirus, specifically Venice and Naples.  Thank you for any information.

We won’t know for a while - I think Jewel will be the first ship in the area next month. 

6 minutes ago, Cruisehound1 said:

Can you elaborate?  Is it all of Italy or just certain ports? And by denied boarding do you mean anyone from Italy is denied?  Thanks very much.

Anyone travelling anywhere in or through anywhere in Italy within the last 15 days will be denied boarding.

2 hours ago, Cruisehound1 said:

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Anyone travelling anywhere in or through anywhere in Italy within the last 15 days will be denied boarding.

which certainly means they won’t be dropping 4,000 guests off in the same area...

Interesting to see what Royal and the other cruise lines do with Tampa, which is an embarkation port.  Tampa has its first confirmed case, as does Manatee (a county that borders Tampa/Hillsborough County). 

4 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Interesting to see what Royal and the other cruise lines do with Tampa, which is an embarkation port.  Tampa has its first confirmed case, as does Manatee (a county that borders Tampa/Hillsborough County). 

Depends, only if more cases/spreads. Dozens other places and Port areas have multiple cases, few are listed as avoid/ban

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Depends, only if more cases/spreads. Dozens other places and Port areas have multiple cases, few are listed as avoid/ban

Makes sense.  The Tampa case involves a young woman who recently returned from Italy.  She flew home through Tampa airport, and has a roommate.  Both are currently in isolation (in separate locations).  Hopefully this virus doesn't take a grip here.  While it is not welcome anywhere, it could be a disaster for our economy as we are very dependent on tourism.    

The Manatee case is more mysterious.  So far, the officials are not sure how he contracted it.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Makes sense.  The Tampa case involves a young woman who recently returned from Italy.  She flew home through Tampa airport, and has a roommate.  Both are currently in isolation (in separate locations).  Hopefully this virus doesn't take a grip here.  While it is not welcome anywhere, it could be a disaster for our economy as we are very dependent on tourism.    

The Manatee case is more mysterious.  So far, the officials are not sure how he contracted it.  

Thank you.

56 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Royal didn’t start making any restrictions with other countries until the number of cases was in the Hundreds.  At this point they haven’t even thought about Tampa 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal didn’t start making any restrictions with other countries until the number of cases was in the Hundreds.  At this point they haven’t even thought about Tampa 

You are right, though I wonder how many cruisers will say, well I won't cruise from Tampa (or other ports with active cases as the virus continues to spread). Scary times for any company in the travel business.  

Anxiously waiting what Royal will do with the Allure itineraries.  Port stops include Naples, Civitavecchia, and La Spezia. (Barcelona roundtrip)

If Royal cancels all the Italian ports, what would your best guess be...where will it go?  Days at sea?  The Allure can only dock at certain ports.  And the Allure is coming off drydock.

With it now growing in the US, I'm also hoping that our cruise in 2.5 weeks isn't negatively impacted out of Galveston.  If we missed a port I wouldn't be too shook up because we love the ship as well.  I just don't want to have everyone quarantined to cabins on the ship due to someone(s) coming down with corona.  I'm not concerned about corona myself, health wise, I'm more concerned about the ancillary impact to our cruise.

Dan

58 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Anxiously waiting what Royal will do with the Allure itineraries.  Port stops include Naples, Civitavecchia, and La Spezia. (Barcelona roundtrip)

If Royal cancels all the Italian ports, what would your best guess be...where will it go?  Days at sea?  The Allure can only dock at certain ports.  And the Allure is coming off drydock.

If you’re talking about a 7 day cruise and the ports are predominantly Italian, I’m thinking they will cancel the cruise and either allow you to rebook at a later date or refund your money.

3 hours ago, lazydayz said:

The Tampa case involves a young woman who recently returned from Italy.  She flew home through Tampa airport, and has a roommate.  Both are currently in isolation (in separate locations).  

So everyone on that plane from italy and airport staff / passengers etc etc could have been exposed.    Really hate hearing how this keeps happening with air travel.  The airlines need to get stricter guidelines in place like the cruise lines have been doing.