Carnival Has Stepped Up To The Plate

I have been with RCI long enough to know something will be done.  I think it is a good idea not to promote OBC because it keeps those who really are sick from trying to sneak on board for free money.  I would think that AFTER you have passed the sick checks and have checked on board and made it to your room there would be a surprise waiting for you.  

Edited by Dadof2kids
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Exactly.  Anyone with serious concerns about travelling is not going to be swayed by $200.  They would just be giving away free money to those who were going to cruise anyway.

I don't see anything wrong with a cruise line rewarding a customer that chooses to stick with them.

Think of it as a thank you gift.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I don't see anything wrong with a cruise line rewarding a customer that chooses to stick with them.

Think of it as a thank you gift.

Nothing wrong with it at all except it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense from a business point of view.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing wrong with it at all except it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense from a business point of view.  

Probably not, but Carnival is doing it for some reason. 

It makes people who are choosing to keep their cruise feel good.  I should get a $200 OBC for my April cruise with Carnival and that makes me happy. I think after all of the publicity on the Princess cruises, they may have wanted to counter that bad publicity.  No matter what, it's nice and I appreciate it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

It makes people who are choosing to keep their cruise feel good.  I should get a $200 OBC for my April cruise with Carnival and that makes me happy. I think after all of the publicity on the Princess cruises, they may have wanted to counter that bad publicity.  No matter what, it's nice and I appreciate it.

So far 21 people on Grand Princess have tested positive. They might have to increase the amount of the OBC to make people feel happy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So far 21 people on Grand Princess have tested positive. They might have to increase the amount of the OBC to make people feel happy.

I was just thinking that Carnival probably found out about it and then made their decision to offer the OBC because they knew all heck was going to break loose.  But that ship is in the Pacific and my Carnival cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale.  If my cruise was on the west coast, I would most likely take them up on their offer to rebook.

Edited by TNcruising02

7 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I was just thinking that Carnival probably found out about it and then made their decision to offer the OBC because they knew all heck was going to break loose.  But that ship is in the Atlantic and my Carnival cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale.  If my cruise was on the west coast, I would most likely take them up on their offer to rebook.

You are anticipating that no one from the west coast will be on the ship? Though I don't think it matters. Thousands of people from all over will be transiting the Ft. Lauderdale airport that weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

You are anticipating that no one from the west coast will be on the ship?

No, but I am not as concerned because so far nobody on a cruise ship on the Atlantic side has tested positive for the virus. I imagine that airports like LAX and San Francisco have a lot of international travelers and flying into one of those airports at this time doesn't sound appealing to me.
If multiple cruise ships out of Florida start having the same issues, I will revise my plans accordingly.  But I won't worry about something that may never happen.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Carnival has just released their willingness to work with those who are nervous about sailing right now.  They are allowing changing your cruise, cancelling or getting a $200 OBC if you keep your sailing.

About time for Royal to step up too!!!  

They allowing full refund?   

200OBC seems to be pretty stingy, LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

No, but I am not as concerned because so far nobody on a cruise ship on the Atlantic side has tested positive for the virus. I imagine that airports like LAX and San Francisco have a lot of international travelers and flying into one of those airports at this time doesn't sound appealing to me.
If multiple cruise ships out of Florida start having the same issues, I will revise my plans accordingly.  But I won't worry about something that may never happen.  

You are in denial, maybe you'll get lucky

3 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

You are in denial, maybe you'll get lucky

Well, so far it hasn't been a problem on the Atlantic side, so it's not like I am making it up.  Maybe all of the cruise ships will have problems and maybe they won't.  Until that happens, I plan on going on my two booked cruises.  One in two days and another in a month.  Both out of Florida.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I get what you are saying. I don't really worried about getting sick. I take care of sick people every day. But right now it seems like there is an over reaction to any sick person. Ports either turn the ship away or people get quarenteened on the ship. I love cruising but at the end of the cruise I want to go home.

• Like 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I get what you are saying. I don't really worried about getting sick. I take care of sick people every day. But right now it seems like there is an over reaction to any sick person. Ports either turn the ship away or people get quarenteened on the ship. I love cruising but at the end of the cruise I want to go home.

I agree.  I think it's a complete overreaction since the majority of people who get the virus experience mild symptoms.  I get tired of family members making comments about my cruising.  LOL.  It's ridiculous that when someone has flu symptoms, panic begins.  Anyway, I am excited about my cruise on Harmony of the Seas in two days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It would be nice if Royal would also give a 200.00 obc for not cancelling.

Your reward will be a less-crowded ship and plenty of available deck chairs on sea days!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I agree.  I think it's a complete overreaction since the majority of people who get the virus experience mild symptoms.  I get tired of family members making comments about my cruising.  LOL.  It's ridiculous that when someone has flu symptoms, panic begins.  Anyway, I am excited about my cruise on Harmony of the Seas in two days.

Have a great time and don't let the family comments ruin the anticipation!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have a great time and don't let the family comments ruin the anticipation!

I know I will have a great time and won't let any negative comments spoil it..  I've spent the past week letting them know I've done my research.  If all a person did was listen to the headlines without doing any research, they would be scared of their own shadow.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Gotcha, yes the $200 is for 6 night or longer cruises

• $100/$150 AUD per cabin for 3 and 4 day cruises
  • $150/$225 AUD per cabin for 5 day cruises
  • $200/$300 AUD per cabin for 6 day and longer cruises

That is listed in Australian dollars....AUD  They do a lot of cruise in/near China/Asian area.

5 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Your reward will be a less-crowded ship and plenty of available deck chairs on sea days!

Been there, done that. 6 months post 9/11 - Anthrax Scare largest/newest ships in Royal Fleet were offering $799 in Cat B 7nite  and did a 5N Cruise for $9( plus $50port), both Solo with no Single Supplement and even then ship sailed 85% capasity... Currently I've received over $2500 in price reductions on booked Cruises threw Nov, Royals been also offering more Military Discounts on sailings...

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Indeed if you are young, or biologically young you got low risk, if you are old or chronologically old and unhealthy then you have a lot to worry about.

Death rate by age:

corono_death_rate.png

Edited by chipmaster

5 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Indeed if you are young, or biologically young you got low risk, if you are old or chronologically old and unhealthy then you have a lot to worry about.

Death rate by age:

corono_death_rate.png

This does not stop you from spreading it to people in the vulnerable categories.  Quit being so selfish.  

Royal Caribbean is not being fair to their customers. We have a cruise in April to Hong Kong and China and we know this will not go ahead but any enquires to Royal get the reply the cruise is going ahead with no changes. We could cancel and get a credit but in order to get our flights, accomodation etc refunded we need the cruise to be cancelled. It will get cancelled but probably at short notice with no time to organise alternatives. The feeling amongst cruisers is that other lines are giving more notice and thereby creating more goodwill. 

1 hour ago, mt99808 said:

This does not stop you from spreading it to people in the vulnerable categories.  Quit being so selfish.  

Are you serious with this reply? So, if I go on with my life as usual, I am being selfish?

6 minutes ago, L454S said:

Are you serious with this reply? So, if I go on with my life as usual, I am being selfish?

How are you not being selfish?  

RCI is offering you a full credit towards a future cruise and it's known that cruise ships are quite possibly the worst possible means of spreading this virus.  

3 hours ago, mt99808 said:

How are you not being selfish?  

RCI is offering you a full credit towards a future cruise and it's known that cruise ships are quite possibly the worst possible means of spreading this virus.  

If you feel this way, you should stay home then. You are way out of line telling me how to live my life.............